Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #2321
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't understand why you get in a group and you literally blow through the entire raid, finishing most encounters within a wipe or two, and the team just falls apart at Oryx.
Every week I spend 1-2 hours per character running Kings Fall until Oryx, then I spend probably another 3-4 hours bouncing from team to team trying t finish the final encounter.
It's so frustrating!
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #2322
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Eh - some good points there, but its a classic position paper, highlighting anything that increased the grind and sloughing off the things that actually decreased it.

The motes of light were a massive improvement in my opinion. Maybe its just me, but I don't play a lot and I use motes a lot when I get new gear and I've never even been close to running out. Also, bounties give less XP yes, but they are much easier now and you have twice as many slots for it. I also love the idea of infusion - it forces you to decide between higher light (more damage) and a gun that might be lower light but with better perks.

I guess I just disagree with a lot of the points. I feel like there is way too much for me to do each week on just one character - there is always something for me to do when I log on. That's what keeps it fresh and fun for me.
I totally agree... that video sounded more like someone who was a little bitter because he couldn't be max level within the first couple of weeks.

Also with the the bounties dropping less xp. Weapons and gear now require less xp to level. Only thing that I agree with is maybe the faction grind, but at least now you get rep for both vanguard/crucible, and your faction.

And the infusion process is great, I'm glad they didn't make it so it was essentially a 1 for 1 swap like etheric light was.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #2323
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I totally agree... that video sounded more like someone who was a little bitter because he couldn't be max level within the first couple of weeks.

Also with the the bounties dropping less xp. Weapons and gear now require less xp to level. Only thing that I agree with is maybe the faction grind, but at least now you get rep for both vanguard/crucible, and your faction.

And the infusion process is great, I'm glad they didn't make it so it was essentially a 1 for 1 swap like etheric light was.
I too prefer the new bounty system, faction leveling and infusing now that we can buy Weapon parts so the part of the video which open my eyes was the double RNG when considering raid drops. First you're wanting a specific armor piece or weapon BUT then you only really want it at a higher light level then you already have.

I was already soured at the fact that i can't increase my light level without grinding the HM raid or Trials.........and i don't really play ToO, lol.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #2324
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
I too prefer the new bounty system, faction leveling and infusing now that we can buy Weapon parts so the part of the video which open my eyes was the double RNG when considering raid drops. First you're wanting a specific armor piece or weapon BUT then you only really want it at a higher light level then you already have.

I was already soured at the fact that i can't increase my light level without grinding the HM raid or Trials.........and i don't really play ToO, lol.
Iron Banner was dropping crazy good gear all week. I picked up a 317 shell, 316 boots, 314 sidearm, 310 artifacts, 310 chest pieces and 310 gauntlets as well. I'd suggest going the IB route next time it is on. You could definitely hit 315+ with a bit of luck.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #2325
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I don't understand why you get in a group and you literally blow through the entire raid, finishing most encounters within a wipe or two, and the team just falls apart at Oryx.
Every week I spend 1-2 hours per character running Kings Fall until Oryx, then I spend probably another 3-4 hours bouncing from team to team trying t finish the final encounter.
It's so frustrating!
We have a dedicated team of like 7-8 who do HM on a regular basis, with the same roles every week, and we STILL struggle with Oryx sometimes. Monday night we killed Oryx with our alts in maybe 45 mins, but then Tuesday it took us nearly 2 hours on our mains hahah (after flying through the rest in maybe 40). We always seem to fall apart on the last bomb cycle for whatever reason.

The most frustrating run on Tuesday was we had all 6 of us going into the last shade, 4 of us came out because we accidentally tethered him twice inside, making him slam 3 times in a row instead of 2, confusing some. We lost 1 more leading up to the last bomb run. And then we somehow lost another 2 after detonation (I didn't see what happened, because I was in front. Apparently one guy didn't know the aura was gone and ToM'ed himself to death lol). So Oryx was in front of me. I'm running at him guns blazing, not realizing we had lost everyone behind me, firing off my LMG, screaming like Scarface, just to have him wipe me out hahah.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #2326
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Destiny - Coming Sept.9

I admire you guys for sticking to the grind amid all of the other game releases. I was sinking as much time in to Destiny as anybody, but Battlefront, Fallout, and Halo (among others soon potentially, like Tomb Raider) have wreaked havoc on my available Destiny time.

I only played a few rounds of Iron Banner this week, for example, and I'd ranked up to 5 the previous few go-arounds.

Last edited by Max Cow Disease; 11-26-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Max Cow Disease is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Max Cow Disease For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 11-26-2015, 02:57 PM   #2327
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have still to beat Oryx on normal. Always get to him but with my schedule and life getting in the way I have been playing late and by then most of my group is tired, high or too drunk to finish him off.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #2328
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

The lack of people online last night makes me sad.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #2329
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
PSN was acting up for me...
Old 11-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #2330
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

We've got three right now for HM King's Fall, anyone want to join?
Old 11-29-2015, 12:59 AM   #2331
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah personally my break from Destiny might be a tad longer then originally planned. I'm really looking forward to playing Just Cause 3 on Tuesday and then again when I get back from vacation
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #2332
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm really enjoying trials now with the bounties. Sure, it's fun to go on a bit of a run and grab some wins, but the bounties let you get some decent rewards for your efforts. I was able to grab a 310 Red Death, and level up a few other pieces of gear over the weekend.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #2333
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I'm really enjoying trials now with the bounties. Sure, it's fun to go on a bit of a run and grab some wins, but the bounties let you get some decent rewards for your efforts. I was able to grab a 310 Red Death, and level up a few other pieces of gear over the weekend.
Ditto. Finally managed to scrounge up some buddies to play with me this weekend. The new bounties really makes it a lot more chill. My buddies enjoyed it enough this week that we're likely going to make it a regular Friday night event.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #2334
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
And on top of that we helped people go flawless. Did our destiny community service for the weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #2335
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've still never finished HM. Been to Oryx a few times, but never actually finished it. Anyone want to give it a go this week?
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #2336
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I've still never finished HM. Been to Oryx a few times, but never actually finished it. Anyone want to give it a go this week?
I would like to run it this week...
Old 11-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #2337
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I would like to run it this week...

Then make sure you're online when we run it.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #2338
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Then make sure you're online when we run it.
So demanding Steve

Speaking of which, since the community page seems to only show notifications when you log on are we going to start a group message so those of us that have the app on our phones will see the message.

That way if 3 or 4 are on and are ready to raid they can fire a message and if people are free they can jump on.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #2339
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

nm

Last edited by TjRhythmic; 12-01-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:00 AM   #2340
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

CP HM raid tonight?... Warpriest challenge mode is up today too. 320 artifact guaranteed And a 320 heavy guaranteed