Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2018, 08:34 PM   #41
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

If you don’t throw your hat after a hat trick we can’t be friends.
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #42
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Hmm. I don’t think I have ever seen a top hat thrown on the ice.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #43
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

The needy in Edmonton are lucky there’s McDavid or there’d never be any hats to donate.

Glad to have a 30+ year question finally answered. When I was a kid and went with my dad to WHL games he told me that you could go down after the game and get your hat. All these years every time someone scored a hat-trick I’d wonder if that was really true and even so where was this magical hat-trick hat room? Would it be a huge crowd frantically digging through hundreds of hats for theirs, or would it be one poor old chap who’s brother threw his on the ice as a joke? Would they lay them out on a table or all just be in a big rubber garbage bin? What percentage of people went to get their hat back? Do people pretend they’re going to get their hat back but are really digging through to get the nicest one and have a free hat?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #44
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
That's showing your age :P
It certainly does show my age. We used to wear those purple vests with cowboy hats.

I had the shift at either the Olympic Lounge, or outside the dressing rooms. I watched Trevor Kidd warm up before his first Dome game and he chatted with me for a good half hour. Numerous players played soccer or whatever in the area and they would pass or throw to me in their games. I can't remember how many coaches corner episodes were filmed right in front of me in that area. As a hockey fan, I was in heaven, and getting paid for it. I don't remember a single player being a jerk.

I have some insider friends who have brought me to that area. It is not setup the same way anymore.

Regarding the hats, the flames used to have a specific place for visitor autograph sessions, which was where the hats went.
Nage Waza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #45
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like that the Lightning put hats on sale after a hat trick. I think it's awesome.

I also like what the Bruins do but I would have them sign 2 hats; one for themselves and one for a display case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #46
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess I assumed teams would donate the hats.
wouldn't a homeless shelter who received a couple boxes of hats be able to just throw them in a freezer for a couple days to kill any crawlies?

maybe just too many hats out there, I suppose. there never seems to be a shortage at value village.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #47
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I guess I assumed teams would donate the hats.
wouldn't a homeless shelter who received a couple boxes of hats be able to just throw them in a freezer for a couple days to kill any crawlies?

maybe just too many hats out there, I suppose. there never seems to be a shortage at value village.
This is lost on a lot of people who are upset the Flames don't donate the hats. There's a reason there's no shortage of them. Nobody wants used hats. They're disgusting. It's one step above buying used underwear.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 01:59 AM   #48
MotoRacer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Last time I threw a hat it was at lost and found eventually
MotoRacer is offline   Reply With Quote