Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2024, 10:03 AM   #161
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, they really don't seem to know that this is a COMPETITION, not a kumbaya festival or something.

Also, WHY TF would you go on a show like Survivor if you know that you are allergic to 90% of what you are going to get? Does she expect special treatment from the crew or something? Was she told that they'd feed her? If you can't eat coconut and fruit, what are you doing going to a tropical place where that's all you get?

I don't feel sorry for Liz and feel that was actually a pretty damn boss move by Q...the first I can recall in several seasons.

Slick play to get Tiff out, too.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 11:20 AM   #162
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That outburst was hilarious, best part of the season by far. What an absolute crazy person like her eyes were legit terrifying.

Loved it though, the sense of entitlement was real there. I think Charlie is gonna win this game hes playing a great social game and suddenly compared to the rest of the losers hes a comp beast. Definitely my fav player on an otherwise completely forgettable cast.
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:41 PM   #163
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Want a reward? win one
like the #### even is this? And people were siding with her.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:42 PM   #164
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
That outburst was hilarious, best part of the season by far. What an absolute crazy person like her eyes were legit terrifying.

Loved it though, the sense of entitlement was real there. I think Charlie is gonna win this game hes playing a great social game and suddenly compared to the rest of the losers hes a comp beast. Definitely my fav player on an otherwise completely forgettable cast.
I was going to say that. On a season of lacklustre players, he really is breezing through the game. Him & Maria have never been in danger or even been discussed as targets.

His biggest threat is probably Maria (she will realize soon she needs to cut him to have a chance at winning) or Venus because she is such a wildcard.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:53 AM   #165
atb
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought it was weird for such an important tradition, that Liz hadn't shared this Applebee's thing with any of the other players in the 18 days they've been out there. Would have thought with how much time they've spent together, that would have come up win casual conversation.
atb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atb For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 07:59 AM   #166
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Apparently Kenzie and Maria wanted to give up the reward to Liz but Q veto'd it which makes this even funnier.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:27 AM   #167
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
Apparently Kenzie and Maria wanted to give up the reward to Liz but Q veto'd it which makes this even funnier.
I really wish that scene made the edit
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 12:27 PM   #168
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Seconds before Liz's outburst my wife mentions that Liz has got be a total deranged psycho boss.... haha.

Immaculate timing of that comment. Liz be nuts!
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:08 PM   #169
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

That must be the first time someone cried for Not getting Applebee's. Seriously what a complete psycho. She turned Quiet Quitter Q into a hero.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:23 PM   #170
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Everybody on this season is an egomaniac, it’s ridiculous what the casting has become.

Liz pouts if she doesn’t get credit for a vote.
Q has to control everything or else he wants to go home.
Venus thinks she’s running the vote even when she’s not.
Tiff is running her mouth about the food.
Even useless Bhanu was an egomaniac whining about having to be deceitful.

It’s ridiculous. What happened to having a balanced cast with hero’s and villains. You’d never see a Rupert in the modern era because they don’t cast likeable people anymore.

I think Charlie and Maria probably have the inside track at the moment but they could still blow it up. They seem to be the only ones who recognize you can succeed without stealing the spotlight. Everybody is so wrapped up in their own worldview they don’t see the power couple that they’ve become.

Last edited by Flames0910; 05-03-2024 at 01:27 PM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:36 PM   #171
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only good thing about this season is every challenge doesn’t end with a 15 minute puzzle

However they now all end with tossing a bean bag

Nothing is more annoying then “building a resume for the Jury” - but I guess it makes sense when you cast such idiotic babies who all crave the spotlight that they would look for “big, contrived, moves” vs players who just play well
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:24 PM   #172
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well played sir. Well played.

This description is probably the best thing about this season. All my family were killing themselves laughing at this lady just screaming over Applebee’s.

It’s time they have a Gen X / Millennials season, just to show them how it’s done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
...how amazing was that blowup?! Like, truly next level. She’s out there yelling at Q for not selecting her to go on the Applebee’s reward in some sort of weird demonic voice, yet also yelling at him for things that had nothing whatsoever to do with Applebee’s. Like, I’m not exactly sure what Q “blowing up her spot” has to do with an Oreo cookie milkshake. And I’m a bit unclear how Liz not knowing “about the damn flip vote last night” is related to Applebee’s Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp.

The juxtaposition between Liz fuming back at camp and the winners scarfing down food and booze at a place where good things happen was more delicious than an Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken entree. Quickly realizing that Liz was getting all the airtime singing the praises of Applebee’s and talking about her standing Wednesday night reservation, Tiffany made sure to let the cameras know that she too went to Applebee’s every week, which begs the question… Why is everybody hating on Red Lobster?

In the end, Charlie beat Tiffany in a showdown thanks to two years of grip-training, and while she did not know it at the time, that loss would prove to be a game-killer.

Lets scream for Ice Cream!

1. EldrickOnIce - Jemila / Bhanu
2. csnarpy -Jessica / Randen
3. trackercowe -Venus / Liz
4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
5. WhiteTiger - Moriah / Q
6. GreenLantern - Tim / Tevin
7. ChuckieNZ - Tiffany / Maria
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David
10. mikephoen - Hunter / Jemila
11. jg13 - Randen / Jessica
12. transplant99 - Charlie / Tiffany
13. surferguy - Soda / Soda
14. Barnes - Tevin / Charlie
15. savardandjokinen - Ben / Tim
16. jroc - Maria / Kenzie
17. Sultan -David / Hunter
18. droopydrew19 - Bhanu / Venus

Tiffs boot hits ChuckieNZ and transplant99 right in the Applebee for their first hit. Now go shovel your driveway!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote