Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2020, 09:10 PM   #1001
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Thing is, that could be a lot of luck.

GoOd TeAmS mAkE tHeIr OwN lUcK

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 09:16 PM   #1002
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I'd say overall the Rams roster is probably better than the Seahawks, but Goff is ass and Wilson is top 3, and that really is the difference. Elite QB play can overcome a lot.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #1003
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I think I'd say overall the Rams roster is probably better than the Seahawks, but Goff is ass and Wilson is top 3, and that really is the difference. Elite QB play can overcome a lot.
I would take Carson, Lockett, and D.K. Metcalf over the Rams group of skill players. So it's not like Wilson has nothing to work with. The Rams have more on the defensive side for sure. Garoppolo and Goff managed to get their teams to the Superbowl, but couldn't quite pull off the Eli Manning stroke of luck in the big game. I wouldn't say that they are ass...but they are mediocre, and mediocre QB's do tend to win a Superbowl about ever 5 years or so. Peyton was mediocre the year he won his last one after being in the GOAT conversation just before that. So I guess it's been 5 years since a guy playing mediocre won a Superbowl and 7 since a guy who actually was mediocre won one.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:06 PM   #1004
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's honestly hard to tell whether you're right to 0refer those three guys over the Rams guys because Wilson has a way of making every pass catcher he plays with look considerably better than they actually are.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:12 PM   #1005
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
What a time to be a Titans fan. I'm enjoying this.
The Titans used to be a really boring team to watch. But this group under Vrabel and Arthur Smith is actually fun to watch. Tannehill is playing really well, Derrick Henry is as good a runner as there is, and the Wide Receivers are better play makers than most realize, and Jonnu Smith is also fun to watch when he's got the ball in space. Add in a decent offensive line and they can move the ball on offence pretty effective, and they seem to score more red zone TD's than anyone.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:19 PM   #1006
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's honestly hard to tell whether you're right to 0refer those three guys over the Rams guys because Wilson has a way of making every pass catcher he plays with look considerably better than they actually are.
I think D.K. Metcalf could produce on a lot of teams, he's a physical specimen. I'm sure Reynolds and Kupp would be fine, but neither of them is Metcalf.

As a general observation, wide receiver is a position where I think the talent level has really boomed in the last 15 years in the entire league. Every year it seems like every team is adding guys who have athleticism that is absolutely off the charts. Maybe it's guys like Rice, Moss, and Fitzgerald who influenced kids to play the position, or the passing game in general taking a step forward. But it seems like every team has a specimen type athlete at the position now.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:10 AM   #1007
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
he's a physical specimen..

Guy is a ####ing mutant.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #1008
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Vrabel is a genius. Seems to be one of the few from the Bellichick tree that gets its.

From Warren Sharp Twitter

Mike Vrabel is outstanding

1. he rushes in 46 late (12th man on D)
2. 33 is WTF
3. penalty for 12men
4. Vrabel fakes upset & brings 46 off

WHY?

-penalty stops clock
-time > yds
-knows HOU will score

Result:

- w :04 left, TEN scores tying TD
- move saved 40 seconds & won game https://t.co/wikWKtGuJD
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #1009
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Good move if true, but calling him a genius is a bit strong considering the opponent and the fact that his team was rushing for 10 yards per carry. How do you not blow a team out rushing 10 yards per carry?
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #1010
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really looking forward to the Monday double header today. I actually think that at some point the NFL should look at making Monday a double header every week by either moving the TNF game to Monday or moving one of the early Sunday games to Monday.

I think that an early east coast game from 7pm EST to 10pm EST followed by a later west coast game from 7pm PT to 10pm PT would be awesome. I would even be okay with them splitting the games between networks (ESPN, CBS, FOX or whatever.) This also eliminates the short week that teams face by having to play a Thursday game.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #1011
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It’s not that he wanted Houston to score, otherwise they would have let them on the next play. It was that he wanted to get to another first down. It was 2nd and 1 and likely felt there was little chance of stopping them getting a first down the next 3 plays. This move reset the downs clock to first down without losing any time. This gives them more time to try to stop a first down from a fresh first and ten.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:59 AM   #1012
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why did he fake being mad? Seemed unnecessary.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #1013
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I'm really looking forward to the Monday double header today. I actually think that at some point the NFL should look at making Monday a double header every week by either moving the TNF game to Monday or moving one of the early Sunday games to Monday.

I think that an early east coast game from 7pm EST to 10pm EST followed by a later west coast game from 7pm PT to 10pm PT would be awesome. I would even be okay with them splitting the games between networks (ESPN, CBS, FOX or whatever.) This also eliminates the short week that teams face by having to play a Thursday game.
I don't think doubleheaders in the evening are ideal for TV ratings as you have to do one early and one late which means that viewership is low in both East/West regions for the beginning of the first game and end of the late game. I think they do it every year on week one only because of the first week anticipation generates better ratings than mid-season for two games in one night. I think the 8:15/6:15 is their ideal time for an evening game and the only reason they are doing the early game today is because they have to with the scheduling issues.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #1014
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post

Thats 50 million Americans who would be living in a time zone where the game would start at 4 PM.

It would be business/ratings suicide to do that on a regular basis.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:01 PM   #1015
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Thats 50 million Americans who would be living in a time zone where the game would start at 4 PM.

It would be business/ratings suicide to do that on a regular basis.
It would really depending on what the viewership and audience looks like currently. I know that fans are spread out well across America but in a current Monday nighter now between two eastern teams like TB/NYG (week 8) or NE/NYJ (week 9) I wonder how many west coast viewers they have with a 5:20 kick off.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:17 PM   #1016
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

take a shot every time Breeland gets a penalty, you won't make it to halftime. So handsy.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #1017
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still early in the season, but it seems like the Chiefs have really struggled to get the big plays we are used to seeing from them. Not that they aren't capable of dinking and dunking down the field, but what makes them so scary is how they pull out multiple big plays a game. This year teams seem to be focused on stopping those.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #1018
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Still early in the season, but it seems like the Chiefs have really struggled to get the big plays we are used to seeing from them. Not that they aren't capable of dinking and dunking down the field, but what makes them so scary is how they pull out multiple big plays a game. This year teams seem to be focused on stopping those.
Wait until Bell hits the field. Their offense will be unstoppable at that point.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #1019
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Why did he fake being mad? Seemed unnecessary.
Because when you find things like this and exploit them too much they change the rules. Have to try and cover it.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:48 PM   #1020
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

KC O-line sure gets away with a lot of holding...
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid xix