Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #2921
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

So after firing up the PTR my Monk is definitely more powerful, I'm able to do T4 there as easily as T3 pre-2.1 without any gear or build changes. But the greater rifts seem more like a lucky dice roll than anything as it all depends on if you get a packed rift or not. Almost failed a lvl 14 rift because I kept getting empty area after empty area, but rolled through a lvl 16 rift with ease because it was far more dense. I thought the patch was supposed to fix that, it's really boring walking around with nothing to kill
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #2922
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I saw the patch notes about that 30 initial cost for wiz channeling spells and said NOOOOOPE. I'll stick to 2.06 until they get their fata together.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #2923
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Managed to get my RROG last week, now I'm working on tweaking up my monk to have just the right gear.

Ran into an interesting conundrum. Usually with a lightning monk build, you use a SOJ + RROG, however I have a perfect roll Wyrdward (lightning dmg has a chance to stun). So I've been using that instead of the SOJ. Any thoughts?

Still need to find a Thunderfury, Eight Demon Boots, and an Eye of the Storm to finish things off.
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #2924
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big shout out to Choy, he took my crusader from lvl 19 to 70 last night. Many thanks sir!

Choy - one of those caches that we farmed had a RROG!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #2925
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Glad to help. Hope it was a strength rror that you can use for your crusader.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #2926
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was, rolled with IAS/LOH/Area DMG. I rerolled the area dmg to crit chance.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:31 AM   #2927
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Patch 2.1 coming next week? Looks like it...

Quote:
Our first major content update for Reaper of Souls is almost here! In preparation for patch 2.1.0 and the new content it brings—including Seasons, Greater Rifts, and the mysterious Vault—all players who log into Diablo III this weekend on Windows or Mac will receive a +50% bonus to Gold Find.
This bonus Gold Find period begins in the Americas region tomorrow, August 22, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Tuesday, August 26, at 3:00 a.m. PDT (when maintenance begins). Please note that this buff will stack multiplicatively with existing bonuses including those provided from items and Paragon points.

Thank you so much for your feedback, your patronage, and for being a part of our community. We hope you have fun this weekend, and we'll see you in patch 2.1.0!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15318052/
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #2928
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was excited about 2.1 when it first got announced, but I haven't played in months. Not sure if I'm up for re-firing up the game to give it a shot when it does release.

And 50% bonus gold find doesn't seem like enough incentive to start again either. Maybe if it was 100%, or double XP.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #2929
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

I played D3 on release and played it A LOT for about 4 months and then gave it up for my World of Tanks addiction. A lot has changed.

Started playing it again last week (bought RoS) and have been getting back into it. Got my barb up to lvl 70 and have been busy in T1 gearing him up. Having a good time again. I'm happy about the 50% gold find this weekend, those new gems are frigging expensive to craft.

Looking forward to 2.1, looks like my WW barb will get some buffs to make it more viable.

Cool to see this thread, going to check in here going forward now that I know it exists.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #2930
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Cs, we have a community you can join too. "CalgaryPuck" of course....

There are quite a few posters there and some very high level paragon ones at that. Add me as a friend if you like.... (Shawnski007). I can join in to help you out a bit.

Personally, I have switched over hardcore lately. Paragon 150 so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shawnski For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #2931
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Time to update the thread title . . . 2.1 tomorrow!!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/2...h-out-tomorrow

EDIT: Information here:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48184...ch-2-1-roundup

Last edited by chemgear; 08-25-2014 at 04:24 PM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #2932
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/40587219

Wow is my monk ever powerful after the patch. I had 3 pieces of the Sunwuko set in my stash that were useless pre-patch, but now the full set bonus is so powerful that it along with the changes to the class itself has pushed me from topping out at T4 to reliably farming T6. When the decoy that I spawn explodes it can crit for over 70M damage if I'm facing a boss or elite pack, pretty fun to watch stuff just melt for a change
Old 08-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #2933
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post

Wow is my monk ever powerful after the patch. I had 3 pieces of the Sunwuko set in my stash that were useless pre-patch, but now the full set bonus is so powerful that it along with the changes to the class itself has pushed me from topping out at T4 to reliably farming T6. When the decoy that I spawn explodes it can crit for over 70M damage if I'm facing a boss or elite pack, pretty fun to watch stuff just melt for a change
Nice, also nice ring of royal.

I made a season hardcore character yesterday if anyone is interested.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #2934
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

My sorc feels nerfed with the change to disintegrate, but whatever. I will tweek her a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Nice, also nice ring of royal.
I had to laugh at my luck with 2.1. FIRST Act 1 cache got me the ring on my left hand.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...80/hero/254649

Oh, and I am ticked at the new "socket" addition. Why the heck only adding to weapons? I know I didn't read anything from the PTR, but this wasn't what I had initially expected. That said.... I had a weapon that was pretty nice to be able to add a socket to...

Oh, and I guess I will have to delete a level 70 char in order to make a seasonal one... Nice... not.

Would give this patch about a 4/10 so far though.

Edit.. nice set up Hemi. Any reason you have one passive slot open though? Or is that just a display bug?

Last edited by Shawnski; 08-30-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 AM   #2935
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski View Post
My sorc feels nerfed with the change to disintegrate, but whatever. I will tweek her a bit.

I had to laugh at my luck with 2.1. FIRST Act 1 cache got me the ring on my left hand.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...80/hero/254649

Oh, and I am ticked at the new "socket" addition. Why the heck only adding to weapons? I know I didn't read anything from the PTR, but this wasn't what I had initially expected. That said.... I had a weapon that was pretty nice to be able to add a socket to...

Oh, and I guess I will have to delete a level 70 char in order to make a seasonal one... Nice... not.

Would give this patch about a 4/10 so far though.

Edit.. nice set up Hemi. Any reason you have one passive slot open though? Or is that just a display bug?
Display bug, a lot of profiles show a blank passive for some reason
Old 09-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #2936
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

So the Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem is nuts. Using that and farming trash mobs on T6 I'm pulling in about 1M gold per minute. It's like you're walking on the yellow brick road

A single run of CotA netted me over 5m gold. If you manage to get this gem I highly recommend abusing the hell out of it before the inevitable nerf
Old 09-01-2014, 03:56 AM   #2937
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Anyone have any tips for my Crusader, the jump from t2 to t3 is decent now, but still think with my gear I should be able to do more than that.

Anyone have some tips, ideas? Feel like my dps is fine for t4-t5 but elite packs are pretty nasty for me.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #2938
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hit Paragon 20 on my Seasonal Demon Hunter today and got the new Season only Legendary Bow. Also hit the goblin level its pretty fun.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #2939
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

This is the advice I was given on the forums for my Crusader:

Quote:
Get resistance on legs instead of justice dmg (if not possible, go for armor).
get resistance on belt instead of punish dmg.
Get cdr gem in helmet.

Besides that your gear looks fine from where you are at the moment.

5/10
Old 09-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #2940
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Little update on my Monk, found the Inna's set chestpiece so now I'm getting the full bonus from that and Sunwuko's. Having all 4 mantra passive going at once is insane, big boost to my survivability and damage (120m crits is nice). The only things that really give me trouble now in T6 is electrified enemies, it's like Blizzard designed them specifically to screw over Monks