Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #2781
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Do most of you guys just stick to one elemental damage type, or do you mix it up?

I'm running Locust Swarm which does poison DoT, but then I use Spirit Barrage for my primary attack, which uses cold. So I my gear is a mix of cold and poison. Is that typical?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #2782
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Got my WD to 70 and started running rifts. I'm not very well geared at the moment so I'm only on expert.

Should I only be averaging one legendary every 1.5 runs? Seems kinda crappy especially with the anniversary bonus.
Better legendary drop rate than me today and I play on Torment II. I wanna throw my laptop out the window.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #2783
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

OK, so Swayze asked "what is the highest torrent level of rift you have soloed".

Good question. Up until now, T4, and it was manageable.

So what the hell, I thought, let's try a T6 and see what happens. Here are the findings:

Elite packs/monsters encountered: 11 (more on that later)
Deaths: Around 10 (more on that later)
Legendaries found: 1 (!#$#$!#$!!!!) more on that later...
Time to complete: 2 beer (more of them later)
Plus 1 conduit (surrounding attack) that help the kill count, but didn't get to any elites.

Now, I didn't change my set up at all for this... just dove in. I got caught three times in bad situations where I died up to about the 98% killed area... then BOOM.

The last bit was nasty. Two separate elites with extra health AND the rift boss spawning at the same time. I died many times getting through that, unfortunately, but hey the finish line was there!

TOTALLY disappointed in the lack of legendary drops going through this, but it just adds to a bad day. Including the one I got, I have only found two in the last five rifts today. Truly bad luck....

Yes, I took a bit of time to do it, but I DID it dammit! You have to remember, games for my generation usually involved sticks, eating dirt and Matchbox cars.

My first RPG was Pong... "Hey, I am a paddle this time....again.... COOL!!"

Glad vchoychoy and photon were around to jump in for the last strikes and get a bunch of shards out of it. And they are my witnesses, so help me Blizz! LOL. I did it.

Had that run resulted in a crapload of legendaries, I might do it again... but not now... not yet. One Schafer's Hammer wasn't reward enough.... Enjoyed the beer though.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawnski For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #2784
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The anniversary bonus buff is gone from my UI. So it's over? I thought it was for a full week. At least this explains the fata drops today.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #2785
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
The anniversary bonus buff is gone from my UI. So it's over? I thought it was for a full week. At least this explains the fata drops today.
I still see it (although as I noted above... I AIN'T seein' it LOL).

Wasn't it to go to the 22nd or so?

Here is the quote from Blizz:

Quote:
This bonus birthday buff begins in the Americas on Thursday, May 15 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Thursday, May 22 at 5:00 a.m. PDT

Last edited by Shawnski; 05-19-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #2786
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ran across a massive rift level that took forever to clear - an upsized version of the jail. But it had a side room with 12 (!!!) treasure goblins all standing together. Locust swarm spread to them before I realized and they scattered in all directions while I had an elite pack on my hands.

chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #2787
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski View Post
I am sure I am missing other aspects, but this should give you some food for thought. Good luck!
Edit... not sure a Mirrorball would be all that beneficial to your build over the Triumverate.
Edit 2, Arcane orb/Scorch could be far more effective than Black Hole when all is said and done. Even one of the Meteor skills may be. You aren't using Arcane at all really, so an Arcane spender like one of these may work well. Play around.
Meteor is definately better then black hole or else you get stuck with all cool down based abilities and magic missile. I recently dropped sparkflint from my similar build in favour of black hole and found the combination of blackhole and meteor to be excellent. My paper DPS only went from 1.2 to 1.1, but I am really liking the ability to group monsters prior to dropping bombs.

The major problem with fire orb is it doesn't seem to aoe as much as a person would like. It seems like a bigger, more expensive version of magic missile. That's why I ultimately dropped it for meteor as I started out rocking orb once I started getting fire gear.

At least it's better then lightning orb, though. I've never seen anyone use that skill and I play a lot of public games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Ran across a massive rift level that took forever to clear - an upsized version of the jail. But it had a side room with 12 (!!!) treasure goblins all standing together. Locust swarm spread to them before I realized and they scattered in all directions while I had an elite pack on my hands.

That is easily my favourite rift level ever. Lots of elites normally, too!
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #2788
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I still see it (although as I noted above... I AIN'T seein' it LOL).

Wasn't it to go to the 22nd or so?

Here is the quote from Blizz:
Can I see your char? I want to know what someone who can solo T6 looks like.

Never mind, it came back after I restarted the game. I also finally got some good drops, a Puzzle Ring and the Vyr's set gloves.

Is anyone using a full Vyr's set? How does it activating every archon rune work? I'm asking because with the recent patch, archon has a fire damage and a cold damage rune. You get massive attacks doing both types of damage? no way.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #2789
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Quote:

Never mind, it came back after I restarted the game. I also finally got some good drops, a Puzzle Ring and the Vyr's set gloves.

Is anyone using a full Vyr's set? How does it activating every archon rune work? I'm asking because with the recent patch, archon has a fire damage and a cold damage rune. You get massive attacks doing both types of damage? no way.
I use full Vyr's. You pick which rune still, but in terms of elemental damage.. it uses the highest elemental damage you have.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #2790
ma-skis.com
Scoring Winger

Exp:

finally got the four piece bonus for the marauders plus the cloack of garwulf... part of me is thinking, this will make grinding easier, part of me is thinking... why?

regardless, i'll need to reroll a few things to try and maximize value. With the brooding passive and the zoo meatshield i have surrounding me, i found I can drop cindercoat and still fire off a lot of CA while still doing decent damage. Right now T3 is fairly manageable in a group, haven't tried solo yet.
ma-skis.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:46 AM   #2791
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post

Uff I know, had something like that happen to me except my pack of goblins was in a wide open area and they scattered all over the place, especially being on my monk at the time made it that I managed to kill only 2 or 3. So sad.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #2792
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Spoiler!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #2793
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ah, maybe that's my problem. My toon is wearing full clothing, I should've figured, women get more powerful as they get closer to underwear models.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #2794
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

100% chance to stun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawnski For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2014, 12:23 AM   #2795
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man now that I have SoJ and RRoG, seems like there really is no other reason to have other rings except for alts.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #2796
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Man now that I have SoJ and RRoG, seems like there really is no other reason to have other rings except for alts.
Could get a couple Unity rings to do the damage mitigation trick with your merc.

Also, I saw a witchdoctor ring that makes your pets giant, but a barb was using it, so the Ancient Council members were giants. Looked cool.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #2797
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
Could get a couple Unity rings to do the damage mitigation trick with your merc.
If you are running solo, and skipping through mobs.... BEWARE of using two Unity rings.

Mobs pounce on your follower and suddenly YOU die! LOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shawnski For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #2798
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
If you are running solo, and skipping through mobs.... BEWARE of using two Unity rings.

Mobs pounce on your follower and suddenly YOU die! LOL.
I should specify, need that "follow can not die" legendary items on them, then you get 50% damage reduction.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #2799
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I got the cannot die legendary thing for the Templar, just need two unity rings now

Got a Magefist too, don't see what's so great about them. EDIT: Fire build I guess?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #2800
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've had Magefist equipped longer than any other item. 8% crit chance, 30% crit damage, 20% fire damage, and 711 Int beats any glove I've found.

Edit: Anyone wanna do a critique/gear check? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/42373579

Last edited by saillias; 05-21-2014 at 12:54 PM.