Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #4581
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its funny watching two sociopaths, I'll say anything for ratings Hannity, and I'll do anything for money Eric Trump talking about how other people are subhumans.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #4582
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I see that kind of talk all the time from their base; dems are mentally deranged, dems can't see reality, dems want to destroy <insert thing I like>, etc.

Though it's not like similar things aren't said about republicans though, even here.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #4583
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eric Trump: "Not even people" = "Basket of deplorables"

We'll see if this sticks and hurts the Trump brand the same way it did the Clinton brand.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #4584
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I see that kind of talk all the time from their base; dems are mentally deranged, dems can't see reality, dems want to destroy <insert thing I like>, etc.

Though it's not like similar things aren't said about republicans though, even here.
This is very true. When I talk to Republicans I try and stay away from the ideological bull#### and instead focus on an issue, trying to find an understanding of the facts, and if all else fails, find common ground from which to discuss the issue. It is time consuming, may times fruitless, but it is the best approach I have found in reaching them.

The one thing I will say about Democrats over Republicans, and why I lean that direction, is they try and uphold the value of enriching others rather than enriching themselves. That is the thing I try and drill through the heads of our representatives, reminding them, their job is to enrich the lives of all people, not to enrich just themselves or their supporters.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:52 AM   #4585
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump to name Chris Christie's lawyer, Christopher A Wray, for the bridge closure scandal as the new director of the FBI. Christ Christie had previously purposely closed bridge lanes going to Fort Lee to cause huge traffic problems in retaliation for the local Democrat not supporting Christie's candidacy during the 2013 NJ election.

I can't wait to see how this is received.

Quote:
Trump's tweets that his choice — lawyer Christopher Wray — is "a man of impeccable credentials."

There's no more information in the two-sentence tweet that ends, "Details to follow."

I will be nominating Christopher A. Wray, a man of impeccable credentials, to be the new
Wray emerged from a list of former prosecutors, politicians and law enforcement officials interviewed by Trump since the president fired FBI Director James Comey last month.

Wray works at the King & Spalding law firm. He represented New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie during the investigation into the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case. Two former Christie aides were convicted of plotting to close bridge lanes to punish a Democratic mayor who wouldn't endorse the Republican governor.
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ray_to_be_new/
Old 06-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #4586
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure the FBI will be super happy about having a lawyer in charge instead of someone form the FBI.

And shouldn't Trump be saving the legal types as future nominees for AG to replace Sessions once he quits/gets fired?
Old 06-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #4587
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Iran just blamed the Saudi's for the attack in Tehran...
Old 06-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #4588
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Trump to name Chris Christie's lawyer, Christopher A Wray, for the bridge closure scandal as the new director of the FBI. Christ Christie had previously purposely closed bridge lanes going to Fort Lee to cause huge traffic problems in retaliation for the local Democrat not supporting Christie's candidacy during the 2013 NJ election.

I can't wait to see how this is received.
Trump hires the absolutely worst people for the positions, his MO is pretty obvious by now,.
Sessions, DeVos, Pruitt, Price etc etc etc.
If you get on your knees and pledge allegiance to LittleHands, you can have a powerful government job, affecting millions of peoples lives, no matter how qualified, crooked or partisan you may be.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #4589
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Intelligence hearings are a gong show. Any question asked by a Republicans is answered in great detail with great clarity. Questions asked by the Democrats are met with refusals to answer and obfuscation. This is extremely frustrating to watch, knowing that the outcome of this is likely treason, and these people who have sworn an oath to protect this nation and the constitution are so brazenly shirking their responsibilities.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #4590
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

These hearings are ridiculous. What a waste. These guys are refusing to answer any questions, and basically just covering their own arses. I fully expect Comey's testimony to be more of the same crap.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #4591
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

McCain just broke Coats.

"Just because it's published doesn't mean it isn't classified"
Old 06-07-2017, 10:34 AM   #4592
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

McCain just completely destroyed Dan Coats with a WaPo article. Coats refused to deny the content of the article and his body language completely changed. Gone was the confident and defiant witness, replaced with a meek, and embarrassed, witness who struggled to find words. McCain just proved what a mockery this hearing is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #4593
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

This isn't instilling much confidence in tomorrow's Comey hearing.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 06-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #4594
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
As it should not. If the Republican administration isn't invoking executive privilege it's likely because they know nothing damaging will come out. I'd suggest preparing to be utterly underwhelmed tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #4595
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the main takeaways from this were all the intelligence chiefs refused to talk about if they were asked to interfere outside a classified setting.

Washington post report is strongly suggested to contain classified information that they could not publicly comment on outside of a classified setting.

Them saying it's inappropriate to discuss some of the items being asked, it really sounds like they either deem it inappropriate to discuss an ongoing FBI/special prosecutor investigation or they are waiting for Comey's testimony tomorrow?
Old 06-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #4596
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I thought the whole point of Congress having people testify was so they could do their job with respect to oversight. How can you do that when people can just decide to not answer the question? I get if the answer is classified, but in this case it just seems they want to not answer to protect the image of their party. Or maybe their jobs, are they afraid Trump will fire them if they tell the truth (maybe that's not far off)?

If congress decided to subpoena them and hold them in contempt if they didn't answer that'd be one thing, but they won't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #4597
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
As it should not. If the Republican administration isn't invoking executive privilege it's likely because they know nothing damaging will come out. I'd suggest preparing to be utterly underwhelmed tomorrow.
Surely there has to be a point where there is a reckoning though, right?

Maybe I'm just being naive. Or I keep waiting for the hero to ride in and save the day and stop the bad guy.

It's concerning.

If republicans aren't fussed about looking like gigantic hypocrites, that means to me that they aren't fussed about losing much public support in 2018....even though by any logic, everything they have done in the last 6 months should have them hemorrhaging that support.

What a time to be alive.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
The Following User Says Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #4598
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Yea, I have a feeling tomorrow's so-called political "super bowl" is probably gonna end up being a whole lot of nothing. Just more vagueness and obfuscation, similar to what we saw today.

That being said though, Comey is a private citizen now and he's under no obligation to defend Trump or his administration, or to spin things in favor of Republicans. Unlike the soulless a--holes we watched today, he might actually decide to tell the truth tomorrow. Or perhaps that's just me being naive and optimistic. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #4599
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
This is very true. When I talk to Republicans I try and stay away from the ideological bull#### and instead focus on an issue, trying to find an understanding of the facts, and if all else fails, find common ground from which to discuss the issue. It is time consuming, may times fruitless, but it is the best approach I have found in reaching them.

The one thing I will say about Democrats over Republicans, and why I lean that direction, is they try and uphold the value of enriching others rather than enriching themselves. That is the thing I try and drill through the heads of our representatives, reminding them, their job is to enrich the lives of all people, not to enrich just themselves or their supporters.
Do they though? There are many democrats who have lined their pockets amassing $50 million dollars while working as a public servant. There is a lot of corruption. Same with the neo-cons. Both parties are corrupt and self serving which is why Trump was elected.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #4600
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
McCain just completely destroyed Dan Coats with a WaPo article. Coats refused to deny the content of the article and his body language completely changed. Gone was the confident and defiant witness, replaced with a meek, and embarrassed, witness who struggled to find words. McCain just proved what a mockery this hearing is.
McCain is one of the biggest corrupt establishment members. A Traitor as well. I'll take anything him or the WaPo says with a grain of salt.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms