Franchise Player

Exp:

I like it. Fun show.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #22
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

the ending last night felt a bit too much like entourage where it just worked out

but the show definitely has potential

best HBO comedy behind Veep over the last little while
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #23
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
The most elaborate dick joke in TV history?

I don't think I've ever laughed harder at any scene in television history than this one.

Brilliant!
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #24
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the first couple of episodes just couldn't get into the main characters much.
I can see that it would appeal to a certain market though.
With that said too bad Entourage ran its course. Now that was a funny HBO show but once it became too soap opera like it lost its luster.
Silicon Valley reminds me a bit like Sunny in Philly.

Last edited by Stay Golden; 06-02-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Stay Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #25
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Even though it happened 6 months ago, I just found out about the death of Christopher Evan Welch (Peter Gregory).

I skipped 3 or 4 episodes, so I didn't really notice his absence, but I find it really odd knowing that now considering the line in the finale about his character playing a big part in the future.

Seems like a really odd choice to make.
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #26
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strombad View Post
Even though it happened 6 months ago, I just found out about the death of Christopher Evan Welch (Peter Gregory).

I skipped 3 or 4 episodes, so I didn't really notice his absence, but I find it really odd knowing that now considering the line in the finale about his character playing a big part in the future.

Seems like a really odd choice to make.
yeah, i didn't know about it until MMF posted the article.

In a way, I like that they might just refer to him as being omnipresent. "I just talked to him via satellite" "he's in micronesia" "He is preparing to enter space with the russians." all these fantastic reasons why he is not there in person.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #27
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Exactly, he could become a Dr. Claw-like character where he's always central but never seen. I also wonder if it's a bit of a homage thing that they want to do for him. I wondered if they'd actually kill the character, but that seems almost too cold.

The dick joke last night was amazing television.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #28
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great TV. Really enjoyed this season. Glad it's being renewed.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #29
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just sad it's such a short season. 8 episodes seems so short. I am already tired of Gabe from the office though.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #30
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

^^^ He's one of my faves! But he did have a weak episode.

Sunday's episode was one of the funniest things I've seen all year. I'll be rewatching it for weeks.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #31
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
I don't think I've ever laughed harder at any scene in television history than this one.

Brilliant!
i saw this last night (have watched about 4 previous episodes prior to that), and i almost fell out of my chair laughing.

i really like the show, but i find the main character a bit annoying and most labouring part of the show to watch.

i should add, the wife thinks the show is boring, and is a show targeting not just the male demographic, but tech nerds (proudly in that group myself). I showed her this scene, and she only went thru about half before passing me back the laptop and rolling her eyes.

Last edited by bubbsy; 06-04-2014 at 09:13 AM.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #32
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

It definitely has a very obvious target demo, but my mom likes the show and she is at the age where she knows little about tech and of course isn't big into male humour either, so there is some smart writing for all.

I think that's the difference between this show and other techie/male shows. The quality of writing and acting.

Also, the rags to riches business aspect would intrigue many, even in the silicon valley culture. The Social Network did pretty good across the board for instance.

I agree with you on Richard, he's my least favorite character. But you gotta have a straight man for all the other characters, so... I actually think the actor who plays him is very convincing. In this last episode in particular the part where he blurts out the f-word in the presentation and kinda tries to quiet it and hide it was very convincing. Even though you knew exactly how it would end, there was a bit of tension there.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #33
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
i saw this last night (have watched about 4 previous episodes prior to that), and i almost fell out of my chair laughing.

i really like the show, but i find the main character a bit annoying and most labouring part of the show to watch.

i should add, the wife thinks the show is boring, and is a show targeting not just the male demographic, but tech nerds (proudly in that group myself). I showed her this scene, and she only went thru about half before passing me back the laptop and rolling her eyes.
Who is the main character? Is it Erlich or Richard? I'm a fan of T.J. Miller (great stand up comedian) and to me he's the catalyst for the show.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #34
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I would say it's definitely Richard. The plot centers around him and his idea, he's the whole reason they are there, and he was the first main character we were introduced to. But yeah, he coulda been speaking about either.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #35
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Who is the main character? Is it Erlich or Richard? I'm a fan of T.J. Miller (great stand up comedian) and to me he's the catalyst for the show.
the "CEO" or main idea guy, don't remember his name. he's just too fidgety and his demeneour is just a bit too boring and repetitive. I think having him being a more quirky character would add another dimension to the show.

i find every person in the team hilarious in their own way, except for the main guy. Maybe that's on purpose i suppose.

also, i think the character played by the guy from the office is a bit redundant/annoying, but i can't tell if that's just my feelings of his role on the office creeping in here.

anyways, yes it's a well written and entertaining show, but definitely not one the wife has any interest in watching wtih me.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #36
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I find Gabe hilarious, but I can see how some people would find that character to be a little overbearing. When he was creeping out the couple with the baby about child abduction I had a massive laugh.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #37
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Yeah Richard. And agree with you on the assessment. But like I said, gotta have a straight guy for the characters to bounce off of. He does have his moments, his purchasing attempt for Adderol was good, though Erlich's help was even better.

Don't like how they are trying to force the love interest. So played in every show. Main guy has got to get together with main girl, not matter how different they are for each other.

Not anti-relationship in shows or even sit-coms, but give us something quirky and real, not the same ol bs.

Last edited by Daradon; 06-04-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #38
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Which one? Which one? Which one?
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igotnothing For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #39
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I find Gabe hilarious, but I can see how some people would find that character to be a little overbearing. When he was creeping out the couple with the baby about child abduction I had a massive laugh.
The thing I like about Gabe is that, especially when he came aboard, you can see how he's really useful and important to the team. He starts off seeming like a glorified numbers guy, just a pencil pusher and wet shirt to the energy and spontaneity of the team, and you realize, he's very good at his job.

The baby comment was great. Though I felt the jokes getting there were a little blah. But he was off since he got back from Dateline Island, haha.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #40
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Richard is definitely the main character, Ehrlich is just another support character.

TJ Miller with a gut is funnier than TJ Miller without one.

Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post: