Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #61
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Don't we have a goon somewhere? That last game against Vegas, bring him up and have him do nothing but punch Reaves' face in. The intend of that hit was blatantly clear, for a big body like him, he doesn't need to leave his feet, but he did.
Sign Noodles to a 1 day contract and put him in net. Chop!
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #62
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Yeah that guy. I had Stortinin running around in my head for a second but yes, Gazdic.
He can't play hockey, but he is big, right? Vegas will be resting a lot their players, so Reaves would be in the line up. I just want to see someone from the Flames to beat him up. Ugghh...I missed those times with D Sutter where a team might be able to beat us but we will certainly beat them up!
Old 03-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #63
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
The headline of this thread should be the NHL not taking concussions seriously by allowing that hit..which also completely turned the game
A complete and utter joke that Reaves gets away with that
Do they not call charging anymore?
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rick M. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 06:26 PM   #64
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Brodie had good jump today. He was targeted. No one on this team could avenge the hit, you could see it on their faces. There were a couple who wanted to, but it would have been in vain, they knew it. Some classless "fans" on this site, but that seems to be the same on all sites. Lots of hate for some players that borders on crazy, too. They are always hugely annoying, repetative and proliferous posters.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:44 PM   #65
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

In order for teams to win they have to either dominate with skill or dominate physically and have a good amount of skill. The Flames are built to dominate with skill, but simply don't have it. They're not the Blackhawks of a few years ago, or Nashville, or Pittsburgh.

Engelland's departure left a huge hole. The Flames need to physically dominate their opponents and not allow other teams to run around on them. This is especially important in the playoffs. Last year, the Flames were about even with Anaheim physically but then lost their toughest guy in Engelland. Ferland can't do this job alone. Hamonic is trying but he's no match for Reeves or Engelland. Troy who?
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bourque's Twin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #66
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe the first year where outside of the 6th defenseman shifted in and out, parings were solid and consistent throughout. No major injuries either,or suspensions.

Cannot fall into the trap of the late 2000 Flames. Not scoring, ditch a defenseman. The next year the pendulum shifted and didn't play well enough defense and then got a defenceman (Bouwmeester). Stoped scoring (actually 4 forward were hurt) and needed offense, trade Phaneuf.
Etc etc. Hardest of the defensive side, with pairings seitchbin
May be unspectacular for some but this team didn't give up more then three goals for a 6+week stretch.

By all means give a guy on the farm the chance to supplant Brodie. Maybe the final 9 games can be that auditing rather then September exhibition. But don't ditch Brodie or anyone on the defense before knowing for sure what you have, or it will throw as solid a defensivr corps, top to bottom that we've had here, in disappear and into adjustment.

Last edited by browna; 03-18-2018 at 07:26 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #67
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Or he’s not playing within Gio who covered up all his worts. He’s a forever minus player without a true #1 Dman next to him. Beyond bad defensively, it’s not a side issue either. He’s just not good in his own zone and it’s gotten progressively worse. He’s 27, this is TJ Brodie
No, that is not TJ Brodie, that is only your opinion of him. Others have vastly different opinions of his play. If he's moved, he'll flourish. Hamilton is the one to worry about. Lollygagging towards the net, getting there after the puck is in. Maybe he misses his big brother. He is so frustrating to watch sometimes. He must be on a massive decline. Maybe he should be traded. Trade him now, before he gets progressively worse!
Old 03-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #68
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnow View Post
No, that is not TJ Brodie, that is only your opinion of him. Others have vastly different opinions of his play. If he's moved, he'll flourish. Hamilton is the one to worry about. Lollygagging towards the net, getting there after the puck is in. Maybe he misses his big brother. He is so frustrating to watch sometimes. He must be on a massive decline. Maybe he should be traded. Trade him now, before he gets progressively worse!
Paging This Post Is Terrible.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #69
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t see how anyone can watch TJ Brodie and feel comfortable playing him in big minutes going forward. The amount of times he gets walked a game is embarrassing, I don’t remember him throwing one hip check all season. On top of that he has zero shot and can’t run a PP.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #70
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t see how anyone can watch TJ Brodie and feel comfortable playing him in big minutes going forward. The amount of times he gets walked a game is embarrassing, I don’t remember him throwing one hip check all season. On top of that he has zero shot and can’t run a PP.

His Pre-Gulutzan play has me optimistic...if Gully is removed.

If the team doubles down on Gully (hockey gods save us), then yeah...just trade Brodie.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #71
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
His Pre-Gulutzan play has me optimistic...if Gully is removed.

If the team doubles down on Gully (hockey gods save us), then yeah...just trade Brodie.
I thought his play was slipping before GG, the second half of Hartleys last year he was not great. You can roll the dice and see how he does with a new coach, but this team needs to trade one of the Dmen and Brodie makes the most sense.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #72
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
It would be totally Flames to trade a player when his value is at his lowest thanks to the great coaching of Glen Gulutzan.
While his value is very low right now, it could get lower if he continues to play this way next year. You wanna take that chance? Sometimes you just need to pull the trigger.

I think you could get a mid to later first rounder for him now. I'm all for moving him in the offseason.

This team needs a good chunk of tinkering this spring/summer. Moving a top 4 dman piece like TJ is a good start.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #73
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
While his value is very low right now, it could get lower if he continues to play this way next year. You wanna take that chance? Sometimes you just need to pull the trigger.

I think you could get a mid to later first rounder for him now. I'm all for moving him in the offseason.

This team needs a good chunk of tinkering this spring/summer. Moving a top 4 dman piece like TJ is a good start.
I think they would be smarter to move Hamonic. I don't know if Brodie gets you even a 1st rounder right now, whereas Hamonic is 1 season removed of being traded for a 1st and two 2nds.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #74
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I think they would be smarter to move Hamonic. I don't know if Brodie gets you even a 1st rounder right now, whereas Hamonic is 1 season removed of being traded for a 1st and two 2nds.
Brodie can be a top 4 guy with 2 years left at a reasonable price tag for the role you would be trading for. For as bad as he's been this year, he still has 32 points with 9 games to go.

I think he can get a 20-31st overall pick for the Flames.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #75
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Brodie can be a top 4 guy with 2 years left at a reasonable price tag for the role you would be trading for. For as bad as he's been this year, he still has 32 points with 9 games to go.

My counter argument would be that we know how good Brodie can be. Hamonic really hasn't been that good at any point in his career, yet still fetches a massive price.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #76
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #77
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:

Last time we drafted forwards in that range was Poirier and Klimchuk ... I would be scared to make that trade happen when we could probably get a really high 2nd, 3rd, and a prospect instead. Calgary seems to be good at nom-first round picks.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #78
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I thought his play was slipping before GG, the second half of Hartleys last year he was not great. You can roll the dice and see how he does with a new coach, but this team needs to trade one of the Dmen and Brodie makes the most sense.
If you want a top return, I think it should be Hamilton who goes. Opinions on his play are still optimistic but there are signs that he is not going to be what everyone hopes. His play today for instance. Not a lot of passion or interest shown today. (That seems to be a symptom of the whole team this year though.) He's not very physical, he does score some, that's good. Someone would probably pay well for him right now. (Not Boston.)
Old 03-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #79
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
If you want a top return, I think it should be Hamilton who goes. Opinions on his play are still optimistic but there are signs that he is not going to be what everyone hopes. His play today for instance. Not a lot of passion or interest shown today. (That seems to be a symptom of the whole team this year though.) He's not very physical, he does score some, that's good. Someone would probably pay well for him right now. (Not Boston.)
Leads entire NHL in goals by a Dman.

Yeah...he scores "some". LOL
Old 03-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #80
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trading Hamilton would be beyond stupid at this point