Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2022, 02:20 PM   #5541
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I disagree. It's a very good game featuring stunning visuals, engaging storying, but one of the more repetitive games I have ever played. As much as the shrines and fox dens feel cool at first, they become extremely boring and repetitive the deeper you got into the game. For me it was GOTY-worthy after the first 10 hours and 30 hours later it felt more tedious than any AC game has ever felt to me. Still a good game and I would embrace a sequel because I think there's something there to build on and improve.
GoT seems very Assassin's Creed 1 to me. Fantastic world building, fun combat, good storytelling, but a fairly empty open world padded with way too many repetitive tasks. If they can take the jump that AC did from 1 to 2, they would definitely have a masterpiece on their hands
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:39 PM   #5542
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Old 06-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #5543
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I can't wait.

I saw that Ron Gilbert is no longer going to post about the game because of the negative comments he's been bombarded with. I don't love the art style personally either, but I'm fully on board with a new Monkey Island game regardless.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #5544
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I saw that Ron Gilbert is no longer going to post about the game because of the negative comments he's been bombarded with. I don't love the art style personally either, but I'm fully on board with a new Monkey Island game regardless.
People are #######s. Toxic pieces are trash everywhere these days on forums and twitter.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2022, 06:39 PM   #5545
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
People are #######s. Toxic pieces are trash everywhere these days on forums and twitter.
Yup. "Make exactly the game I want or f--k you and DIAF."
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:17 PM   #5546
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I got about 2/3 of the way through Ghost of Tsuchima (on PS5 with the Iki Island expansion) and then I was basically got too busy to play video games or do anything of that nature for a couple of weeks and never got back to it. Maybe I will if things calm down again, but now it's summer.
I got halfway through the main game and then my PS5's database got corrupted after a power failure and I had to wipe it clean and lost everything. I had just bought the Director's Cut upgrade so I hadn't even started the expansion yet.

I just started replaying it last night actually after finishing Forbidden West which I was probably 10 hours in when I lost everything.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:47 AM   #5547
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think these types of games all come down to personal preference to an extent. I finished Ghosts and Horizon 100%, but can never seem to get into the AC games for more than 5-10 hours despite buying every single one. Something about them just doesn’t click with me even though on paper it should
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 10:29 AM   #5548
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I think these types of games all come down to personal preference to an extent. I finished Ghosts and Horizon 100%, but can never seem to get into the AC games for more than 5-10 hours despite buying every single one. Something about them just doesn’t click with me even though on paper it should
Same here. Last three AC games just went in a direction I did not find interesting from a gameplay perspective
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:58 PM   #5549
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved Odyssey, fun game. My only issue is I wish there was an option to change the camera angle, it's too zoomed out so it hurts the immersion in the eco-tourism dept.

Was hoping they'd introduce that with PS5 version, would love to play Odyssey on a tighter angle like a Valhalla option.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:25 PM   #5550
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

Odyssey is worth the play just to Spartan-kick MFers off high cliffs and buildings. So satisfying.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 05:54 PM   #5551
photon

Exp:

Quote:
In its first month of release Blizzard’s controversial new mobile game, Diablo Immortal, has racked up nearly $50 million in reported revenue across 10 million downloads. Even as debates and criticism swirled around the free-to-play RPG, data shows that the game has made at least $1 million a day since launch.
https://kotaku.com/diablo-immortal-e...ile-1849144951
Old 07-05-2022, 07:53 PM   #5552
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

And therein lies the problem. This #### works.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 09:18 AM   #5553
photon

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 11:44 AM   #5554
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I guess I know what I'll be enjoying over the holidays.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 11:52 AM   #5555
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Diablo immortal is not a bad game. The issue with the game for many basically is the naming... The joke I heard was that it should have been called Diablo Immoral.

Whereas in the past you just grinded for your gear and no one could have truly perfect gear, now you can get pulled into the addictive world of micro pay gambling with real world currency to try and get perfect gear. When I played Diablo, you couldn't ever get perfect gear. Just some really bad ass stuff. With the way the world is now, many gamers want that clout for having ultra perfect gear and 101% completion type of insanity.

To an extent, this is how the Diablo auction house should have been... yet shouldn't have been as well. Blizz is kinda a dick on this one, but they a corp... but I'd also argue that a huge aspect of this is the gaming community as a whole as well. I never attempted to 100% games prior to something like 2010-2015 unless I truly loved and enjoyed a game. Now it's like an OCD itch that some people have to platinum games and do a pissing contest dick measuring contest type of thing. I've probably "100%'d" games less than 5 times in my life and a few of those I think were just stupidly easy to platinum with less than 10 hours of playing a game. I have plenty of games less than 10% that I've poured like 20+ hours on. I probably have a crap ton of games I've poured 50+ hours on that are more than half "completed". So many games you can beat the whole story arc and you're less than 20% "completion".

Easter eggs used to be Easter eggs and fun. Now it's like that video of the mom dragging her child across the field to get an advantage to attack and get as many eggs vs other families as possible. That's not fun.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:17 PM   #5556
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://kotaku.com/diablo-immortal-g...-qu-1849102569

$15,000 Later, Diablo Immortal Player Finally Has His Legendary Gem

'Thanks Blizzard for this authentic Diablo experience'
Old 07-06-2022, 02:44 PM   #5557
photon

Exp:

I've 100%'ed maybe one or two games.. BotW is the only one I can remember. Maybe one of the AC games, but usually at best I'll finish all the quests I can find but there's probably ones I missed and I usually don't find all the "follow the page as it flies in the wind" type collectables.

Most of the time my interest in a game goes down 80% when I finish the main story.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:27 PM   #5558
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Well, I guess I know what I'll be enjoying over the holidays.

looks great, but I do wish they made this as a PS5 game instead of cross gen, just to get a sense of how good the next gen can be...

Definitely buying this one, but looking at PS Plus Extra for games I wouldn't mind playing, but not interested in owning....
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:08 AM   #5559
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you’re interested in trying out the UE5 interactive tech demo of The Matrix Awakens for Xbox Series / PS5, it gets delisted on July 9th. Add it to your collection to be able to access it after it is delisted: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/wakeup

I tried it yesterday for the first time, it is a really cool demonstrator.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #5560
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
If you’re interested in trying out the UE5 interactive tech demo of The Matrix Awakens for Xbox Series / PS5, it gets delisted on July 9th. Add it to your collection to be able to access it after it is delisted: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/wakeup

I tried it yesterday for the first time, it is a really cool demonstrator.
good call...

its not really a game as much as an experience...

the walking around part is what is truly impressive to me... imagining what a GTA game might be like in the not too distant future is pretty amazing
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote