Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #21
Eddie Bronze
Franchise Player

Exp:

True story:
I have a cousin. Little girl, 11 years old. Two years ago she, her brother and her mom came to visit us when I was still back in Nova Scotia. So she's about 9 at the time and doesn't weigh enough to count for anything. I'm on the couch with my brother-in-law and we're just sitting there chatting and watching some tv. She got up on that couch and starting malling the hell out of me. I could hardly handle her. Slippery as a whip. Of course it wasn't serious fighting, but neither of us have any combat training either.
And this was a girl. You couldn't get me to do that with three little guys, with proper training, they could kill me.
Eddie Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:01 PM   #22
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am thinking around 10 to 15 5 year olds if they were given proper training and I really wasn't motivated worth shat. If I was motivated I think I could pile on some 5 year olds for a while. You have to remember that they would be one shot knockouts too.....
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #23
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie Bronze@Apr 1 2005, 08:24 PM
True story:
I have a cousin. Little girl, 11 years old. Two years ago she, her brother and her mom came to visit us when I was still back in Nova Scotia. So she's about 9 at the time and doesn't weigh enough to count for anything. I'm on the couch with my brother-in-law and we're just sitting there chatting and watching some tv. She got up on that couch and starting malling the hell out of me. I could hardly handle her. Slippery as a whip. Of course it wasn't serious fighting, but neither of us have any combat training either.
And this was a girl. You couldn't get me to do that with three little guys, with proper training, they could kill me.
Oh yeah. They are harder to handle than a lot of people are giving them credit for.

Sure some of them are a little heavy, but the fitness level on a 5 year old is intense. When not asleep, most of them have very little downtime. There is a lot of moving around. PUt three of them in a room together and it's nothing like adults sitting around drinking gin and smoking grass. Kids don't go in for that lazy stuff. They run, jump, dance, scream, fight, twirl, throw things, wrestle, hit, kick, make messes... you name it.

A friend of mine isn't even 5 yet and she's a killer. 10 or 12 kids like her, with a little organization and training and I know I wouldn't last long.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:15 PM   #24
Crazy Flamer
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie Bronze@Apr 2 2005, 03:24 AM
True story:
Dude, you got beat up by a nine year old girl?

BBBUUURRRRNNNN!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2005, 02:39 AM   #25
Cube Inmate
First Line Centre

Exp:

...Depends how good the cup is....

With good, solid protection, I'll take around 30. If it's a soft baseball-style cup, I'm getting a little wary if we go past 15. One of the little bas**rds is gonna be told where to hit.

btw: best thread ever.
Cube Inmate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:06 AM   #26
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Question 1:

How motivated do the other kids remain when I stomp through the chest of the first kid to go down like I'm smashing a pack of ketchup?

Question 2:

How many kids remain from the group after I smear the guts from the first smashed kid on my face before commencing to twist the other kids' heads off like they were bottle caps?

Question 3:

Am I allowed to use the skulls of any expired kids as bludgeoning weapons and do I have an empty pillow case to put a few heads in for said purpose?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:54 AM   #27
Mike__
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They might not be able to punch or kick with any significant amount of force, but when you got 10 kids swarming all around you probably won't last, especially with all the cheap tactics they will not hesistate to use. One thing I've learnt is they will not hesitate to headbutt you, scratch you or even bite. Especially if they are as motivated as you say, I'm sure they won't stop until they've gotten down to the bone.

Best strategy is to run around as they aren't all that fast and pick em' off one at a time with kicks. I'll say 20 before I get tired.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #28
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

40 at least.

Kicking them is seriously your best bet, large sweep kicks while they try to swarm, taking out 3-5 at a time.

If you get kicked in the head @ 5 years old, you aren't getting up or coming back for more.

If they get too close, start cracking them in the head. Don't underestimate your strength guys, one solid punch would knock most of these kids out.

*edit*

Age 7-8 is when they start getting tougher to handle, but at age 5 you shouldn't have much of a problem.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #29
Claeren
Franchise Player

Exp:

But "large leg sweeps" (etc) are incrediably tiring...

Does anyone else here do martial arts? Anyone who regularily spars knows just how soon you drop off energy wise, you are conditioned if you can go 2 minutes, 3 minutes of hard striking significantly impares performance, against even 5-year old fresh legs. And i am also guessing that if the 5 year old can get up and keep going they are allowed to... have you ever seen a 5-year old roll down the stairs or fall off something? Right back up and going a mile a minute...

Claeren.
Claeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 04:51 PM   #30
Neeper
Official CP Photographer

Exp:

I wonder if there is anyway we can convince some parents of 5 year olds to try this. Make a reality show out of it. Ratings would be huge.
Neeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:46 PM   #31
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Claeren@Apr 2 2005, 09:05 PM
But "large leg sweeps" (etc) are incrediably tiring...

Does anyone else here do martial arts? Anyone who regularily spars knows just how soon you drop off energy wise, you are conditioned if you can go 2 minutes, 3 minutes of hard striking significantly impares performance, against even 5-year old fresh legs. And i am also guessing that if the 5 year old can get up and keep going they are allowed to... have you ever seen a 5-year old roll down the stairs or fall off something? Right back up and going a mile a minute...

Claeren.
Adrenaline can keep you going in a real situation no matter how tired you get, obviously to a point, but I can tell you it is a lot different than sparring.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #32
Faid1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Probably about 20... if I had stairs in my house.
Faid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #33
Papa Gino
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I could probly take 4 or 5.
Papa Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #34
Frank the Tank
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm going to get a little cocky and say 50+.

I'm in pretty good shape, I'm huge, and I can hit like a Mack truck. I'd let the first little bas**rd kick me right in the junk, sending me into a blind rage.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #35
pope04
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't know, you guys. I have three sons, six, four and two, and my oldest two especially seem to have developed highly skilled attack training. If I had 10 kids coming after me like my oldest two, especially when they are really mad, I'd feign unconciousness after about two minutes. And I'm 6'1", 190 lbs.
pope04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #36
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I gotta say I think I could take on 100+. Think about it. There is only so much room around me that the kids can take up, and they don't have the best reach, so I'm thinking maybe only about 6 could get within striking distance at once. I figure I can probalby one punch all the little bas**rds, or a swift kick would probably work too, so it wouldn't take long before they pile up and I have a protective wall of brats to back up against.

Plus, I'll be the only one with a weapon. No foreign objects allowed, so when I pick up one of those brats, and start using him/her as a club to take on the rest of them, I figure that'll give me one hell of an adavantage.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:09 PM   #37
JohnnyTitan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

When asked this question, Michael Jackson declined comment, saying only that he didn't like where this joke was going.
JohnnyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #38
Smilt
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Faid1@Apr 3 2005, 12:19 PM
Probably about 20... if I had stairs in my house.
The stairs would provide a bit of protection would they not? Especially if the kids were "pusher kids"

I could probably take on 30 before my shins started to bleed, then I'd take out one more and use it's socks for bandages
Smilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #39
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Smilt@Apr 4 2005, 02:24 PM
I could probably take on 30 before my shins started to bleed, then I'd take out one more and use it's socks for bandages
I have it on good authority that you've been beat up by only one 5 year old once. Don't act tough Mr. Australia.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #40
MolsonInBothHands
First Line Centre

Exp:

I figure I could take out 8 just when I fall down, kinda like the big tree falliing in the forest that takes little ones with it. I also think banging heads together could be pretty efficient. If you could get a pile started fast enough, you might get them crushing each other under their own weight. It also might act as a wall for the following waves.

30 - 40 easy.