Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #1321
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
hardwick has been scrubbed from the nerdist website.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1007709216021229568
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #1322
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its hard to try and keep an open mind and offer the benefit of doubt after reading that article.

That poor woman seems like she walked through Hell barefoot, is Chris Hardwick really that much of a psychopath?

And I'm not misusing that term either. Someone that seems to have little to no empathy or understanding of other people's feelings and prioritizes himself above all others.

She wanted a partner. He wanted a Slave.

It'll be interesting to hear his side of things, but I dont know what he could say that would move the needle.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #1323
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

The speed at which careers can be destroyed today by online allegations is astonishing.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #1324
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its hard to try and keep an open mind and offer the benefit of doubt after reading that article.

That poor woman seems like she walked through Hell barefoot, is Chris Hardwick really that much of a psychopath?
Surely you've seen enough bitter breakups to know that there's a Rashamon-like quality to them.

She: I was tired of him going out drinking all the time so I said Saturdays had to be date night for a while.
He: She forbade me from seeing my friends.

He: My mom is formal about these kinds of get-togethers, so can you maybe wear a dress or something instead of jeans?
She: He told me I dressed like a slob and made me wear dresses.

She: I told him he had to cut back on the pizza or there's no way he would lose that weight he kept complaining about.
He: She relentlessly humiliated me about my weight.

He: I know you're still friends, but can you take the bare-chested pictures of your amateur boxer ex-boyfriend off the wall?
She: He was insanely jealous about my previous boyfriends.

In any breakup, I honestly don't take anything either of the parties says about the other at face value. The allegations by Dykstra are more serious. But they're still just one side of the story.

The more effective online accusations become at destroying peoples' reputations, the more they will be weaponized. By women, by men, by exes, by former employees. Because people are just like that.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 06-15-2018 at 04:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #1325
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I've always liked the Nerdist podcast and assumed Hardwick was one of the good guys. He seems to have close friends, women and men.

His career has skyrocketed by of the nice-guy, nerdy, underdog persona he presents. It's all but done now.

The damning thing about her account, that makes it different from others, is that she claims to have audio and video evidence of her accusations.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #1326
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Surely you've seen enough bitter breakups to know that there's a Rashamon-like quality to them.

She: I was tired of him going out drinking all the time so I said Saturdays had to be date night for a while.
He: She forbade me from seeing my friends.

He: My mom is formal about these kinds of get-togethers, so can you maybe wear a dress or something instead of jeans?
She: He told me I dressed like a slob and made me wear dresses.

She: I told him he had to cut back on the pizza or there's no way he would lose that weight he kept complaining about.
He: She relentlessly humiliated me about my weight.

He: I know you're still friends, but can you take the bare-chested pictures of your amateur boxer ex-boyfriend off the wall?
She: He was insanely jealous about my previous boyfriends.

The above are all real-life examples from couples I've known. In any breakup, I honestly don't take anything either of the parties says about the other at face value. The allegations by Dykstra are more serious. But they're still just one side of the story.

The more effective online accusations become at destroying peoples' reputations, the more they will be weaponized. By women, by men, by exes, by former employees. Because people are just like that.
I considered myself a big fan of Hardwick but I believe her 100% based on interactions they had on the podcast. I'm not going to claim I knew he was the creep she claims he is, but I didn't feel comfortable with their relationship, mostly because of the age difference. Often older guys go for younger women so they can manipulate them. It was also very weird when they talked about the failed pregnancy on the podcast.

His geek cred is very important to him. He brags about his collection of memorabilia so much that it became very off-putting to me. Her dad is John Dykstra, who worked on Star Wars, and gave Chris a prop (light sabre or something, I don't remember) and he seemed more thrilled about that than anything she ever said or did.

Some Nerdist writers have weighed in and backed up her claims.

https://twitter.com/MildlyAmused/sta...900016640?s=19
https://twitter.com/DemiMF99/status/...416740352?s=19
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #1327
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm guessing AMC is now looking for a new host for Talking Dead.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 05:20 PM   #1328
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I seem to remember Bonnie MacFarlane saying he was a creep back in the day.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #1329
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love it if they got the guys who do the Better Call Saul podcast to do a Better Call Saul show.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:47 PM   #1330
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/chris-h...ns-1202411828/

Quote:
Hours after an ex-girlfriend accused Chris Hardwick of emotional and sexual abuse, AMC is now feeling Hollywood heat to pull the plug on the debut of Season 2 of the host’s talk show.

The AMC and Embassy Row produced Talking With Chris Hardwick is set to have its second cycle premiere air at 11:02 PM ET on June 17. We hear that guests’ reps are telling the cabler that they are now “very uncomfortable” with the association with Hardwick in the #MeToo and Time’s Up era of Hollywood after months of sexual harassment and sexual assault revelations in the industry. At the very least, the reps are pressuring to have the debut postponed until the claims against Hardwick are throughly investigated, some have advocated.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:19 AM   #1331
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Chris Hardwick Denies Claims That He Sexually Assaulted Chloe Dykstra

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ykstra-1120718
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #1332
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Not sure why it isn't embedding:

Robert Kazinsky
@RobertKazinsky
As @hardwick has chosen to deny Chloe’s account, I’ll take the opportunity to say I have seen the proof myself, I have seen the evidence first hand, I’ve seen the people who have come forward to tell @skydart how Chris ordered her blacklisted, there isn’t just one, there are many

https://twitter.com/statuses/1007837986833121280

Last edited by KTrain; 06-16-2018 at 03:00 PM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #1333
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Again I can’t help but wonder how it is people allow ####ty situations to continue to be a part of their life. The list of rules after “2 weeks” should have been enough to make anyone not stay in the relationship. Expecting you to ‘starfish’ when he gets home, and you eventually confess your love?
I really don’t mean to defend the guy, because he sounds like a POS (never heard his name before reading that article). The number one, most important thing someone can do is not stay in a relationship they aren’t enjoying, let alone one where you are treated like dirt. There is obviously some complex self-loathing and control issus at work, but if one continues to allow themselves to be controlled or manipulated or used, there is going to be someone who is willing to treat them as such.

Ugh, I can’t really verbalize what I mean. But ####, you know the guy for two weeks and he is already displaying really controlling traits you don’t like? How’s about not continuing to date him?
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #1334
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Mabye he promised to make her famous.this is an opportune time for stuff like this to come to light.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #1335
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

On one hand she says he destroyed her career which was undoubtedly done out of spite. You can argue she's simply paying him back. Two sides to every story here and I don't doubt there is truth to some of her story that he was not a great guy at times but most bad relationships are have two sides where both parties failed.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #1336
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
On one hand she says he destroyed her career which was undoubtedly done out of spite. You can argue she's simply paying him back. Two sides to every story here and I don't doubt there is truth to some of her story that he was not a great guy at times but most bad relationships are have two sides where both parties failed.
If that list of rules is anywhere remotely true or it's true he blacklisted her. It isn't a two sides to every story. She was emotionally abused to keep her compliant. Though she does use a wierd definition of sexual assault as the article appears to say she consented to all the sexual activity. That doesn't excuse the emotional abuse though.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:19 PM   #1337
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
It isn't a two sides to every story.
When it comes to nasty breakups there is. Because when you hear from one person, you're hearing from someone who absolutely loathes the person they're talking about. That kind of emotion clouds reason and casts the credibility of the person telling their account into doubt. I don't believe anyone unconditionally when it comes to breakups. I didn't trust I got the whole story when my sister divorced her husband, or when my best friend split up with his wife. So why would I trust the account of one narcissistic entertainer I've never met over the account of another?
Old 06-29-2018, 11:19 AM   #1338
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Tool’s Maynard James Keenan Accused of Rape, Calls Claim “Despicable,” “False”

An anonymous Twitter user claimed that Keenan raped her in 2000, when she was 17

https://pitchfork.com/news/tools-may...ocial_facebook
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #1339
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

An anonymous Twitter user? Sorry, but that's garbage. I can't believe news agencies are even picking this story up.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #1340
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

That's just stupid. One anonymous tweet and it gets escalated to "He's being accused of rape" by actual media? There has to be more diligence on the media's part in these celebrity accusations.

That's just irresponsible, imo, considering half the damage seems to come from just an initial accusation report.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote