Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many forward acquisitions do the Flames need in your mind?
0 2 1.03%
1 76 38.97%
2 101 51.79%
3 16 8.21%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #81
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Number one I don't see it as a center, I don't think it's needed.

Monahan is improving every year and is young and a sniper. Backlund is an elite third or a middling second, and then you have two other guys that could evolve into 2nd or 3rd line centers in Jankowski and Bennett.

I don't see a point in moving a center in and having one of them on the fourth line.

If it happens you convert both to wingers, but it wouldn't be my call.
I think if you have the option you add a center over a winger of the same pedigree every time. Look at San Jose all these years. Four #1/#2 centers in Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski and Couture. When they were all healthy they'd just put guys on the wing. That kind of depth at center helps get you 14 of 15 years in the playoffs.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 06:28 PM   #82
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Good write up.

I wonder what Peters will do as one thing I took away from allot of his interviews is him mentioning finding pairs that work well together and keeping them together.

I agree it’s time to pull Johnny and Shawn apart to drive their own lines. I think in order for us to see what we really have with Jankowski and Bennett this has to happen.

With the potential to see mangiapane and Foo up at some point things need to be figured out early .

I wonder what will become of Ferland, Frolik, Backs, as there are definite changes coming. I’m curious between now and the start of the season what the draft will bring, what Loob will find in Europe to send over.

I voted 3 I want new blood in the locker room this year. I’d like to see no more Brouwer, Hathaway or Bartkowski.

Keep forgetting about shore and wonder what he’ll bring .
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote