Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #181
Pinner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Not every stoner is a lazy bum, that is an unfair statement to make. However, the people in their 20's and 30's I work with, that are regular cannabis smokers, tend to not be the sharpest knives in the drawer. They are typically the people regularly calling in sick, are late for work, and are never promoted. This is not a coincidence in my eyes.
Maybe low energy laid back people migrate to pot the way high energy, always on the run people tend to like Coke... Chicken before the egg ?

And I'd say these traits existed before or without any drugs.

Not nearly as much pot being smoked in the states, but the population is pretty sedentary and seemingly always have the munchies
Pinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #182
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
I still know which one I'd rather be smoking, and I would probably need one after reading your post. Is everything you don't agree with '######ed'?
Is everything I don't agree with ######ed?
No, it's only ######ed when someone is ignoring empirical facts, and making completely irrational arguments to back up their "side".
Especially when they compare two (for the purpose of the point you're trying to illustrate) nearly identical products, state all the bad about one (all of which are shared by the second), and then state that the other is completely different, and therefore safer, because it is part of an irrationally broad set of items, that also includes the first product.

To illustrate, you're argument was something akin to:

Coca-Cola: Comes in aluminum cans (Causes Alzhemiers), contains Carbon Dioxide (poisionous to humans), phosphoric acid (Acids are bad), sodium benzoate (This stuff is really bad. I know this because the sprinkles ,though not cursed, did contain sodium benzoate, and "That's bad")

Pepsi: made with sugar and water, THOSE ARE NATURAL PRODUCTS!

I know wich one is safer!

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 04-21-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #183
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck-Hater View Post
Marijuana is not a hallucinogen.
You're not smoking enough then... Marijuana is considered to be a mild hallucinogen classification-wise. If you smoke a lot, you can have pretty strong hallucinations.

http://www.discoveriesinmedicine.com...ucinogens.html

"Marijuana and hashish, two substances derived from the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa), are also considered natural hallucinogens, although their potency (power) is very low when compared to others. "

I have nothing against marijuana, but I just don't enjoy it any more. People are kidding themselves though if they don't think it is harmful to their health in some ways..

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-21-2010 at 10:05 AM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #184
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeper View Post
For those who smoke but don't like the smoke (like me). I own one of these and it's the best thing ever when ever I feel like one. This thing never burns the weed. It doesn't even smell when you use it. Your welcome.

http://www.my-iolite.com/

Wow!...Makes me wish I still smoked. I want to start again just to try one of those puppies out!

That's pretty awesome for all you dumb ass, useless, lazy potheads out there! Too bad you potheads are so lazy though that you don't have a job. If you do, you probably only work long enough in a day to buy your dope. Yeah....lazy dicks will never have enough money to buy one of these anyway so what's the point. Even if you were able to scrounge up enough coin to buy one of these, you're so burnt out, you'd have to ask a non-dope smoker how to use it.

God damn lazy vegetables.
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buzzard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #185
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

If there any Spanish speakers and you like to toke, check out lyrics for the song El Sensei by Las Pastillas Del Abuelo :0)
Old 04-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #186
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I have nothing against marijuana, but I just don't enjoy it any more. People are kidding themselves though if they don't think it is harmful to their health in some ways..
Agreed on that much. While its clear from my earlier posts that I'm partial to weed, the people that trumpet it as some kind of miracle drug devoid of health risks make me laugh. It still results in short-term memory loss, lack of motivation, low sperm count, and of course lung problems. And it can be classified as a gateway drug, although I think that's overblown. While I still think its not as bad for you as alchohol(go on a 5 day weed binge and a 5 day boozin' binge and tell me what your body feels more broken after. Not even close), and I think its only a matter of time before its legislated, I'm not foolish enough to believe its some wonder drug with no health concerns. That doesn't even make sense.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #187
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
However, I do take offence to people that try to get on THEIR high horse and preach to me that I am below them because I am not experiencing this mind blastingly awesome drug because in their mind I am not as cool or enlightened as them.
I've never heard that from a weed smoker. Ever. That just sounds like normal ultra left wing, college hippy talk. Don't blame it on the drugs, they talk like that even when they're not high. If someone I knew was talking like that about weed, I'd laugh my ass off and tell them to quit being such a f*g.

Last edited by Sainters7; 04-21-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #188
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Hope everyone had a good 420, and before this thread is locked:

Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #189
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Colbert Refuses To Celebrate 4/20:

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displ...9-0d4eadf36af8
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #190
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFO View Post
So what do cigs do then exactly? It's just a different high that you're on.
Sure, I've never denied that, and I'm not advocating tobacco smoking.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #191
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anybody celebrating 4/21 today?
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delthefunky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #192
carom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthefunky View Post
Anybody celebrating 4/21 today?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grounation_Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Grounation Day (April 21) is an important Rastafarian holy day, and second after Coronation Day (November 2). It is celebrated in honor of Haile Selassie's 1966 visit to Jamaica.
Haile Selassie visited Jamaica on Thursday, 21 April 1966. Some 100,000 Rastafari from all over Jamaica descended on Palisadoes Airport in Kingston,[1] having heard that the man whom they considered to be God was coming to visit them. They waited at the airport smoking large quantities of ganja,[1] and playing drums.
dear god is he 14?
carom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #193
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck-Hater View Post
You don't DO pot ya smoke it. Hey guys let's do pot! I got some right here man!
Ya caught me.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #194
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I got this from the Beyond board, great clip that is safe for work. As someone who has rediscovered herb in my 30s, I agree with most of what Joe has to say, and while I have no plans to DMT any time soon, I've been burning one down more than I did in my 20s.
aaronck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #195
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
When something changes the way that your body or brain functions, to me thats a clear sign that your bodies screaming, quit f$$king with my chemistry balance, your doing damage.
Sure... sugar does the same thing, tobacco, as you mentioned, caffeine, prescription drugs, etc. The argument isn't that marijuana is harmless, it's that it's hypocritical of the legal system to allow similar drugs but not marijuana 'just because'. If marijuana is outlawed because it 'changes the way your body or brain functions', then a whole host of other stuff has to go too.

Quote:
Its the same with liquor, when you get drunk, its your body telling you that your poisoning it.

When you do other drugs, its the same thing.
Exactly. So why are some drugs (liquor/tobacco) legal, and others aren't? Hypocracy of the system imo.

Quote:
Personally I don't care one way or another if they legalize that stuff, as long as I get a cut of the tax revenue. But the argument that making it legally will reduce the criminal element doesn't work for me either. The criminal element thats involved in dealing is going to find a way to make it more potent or cheaper, or they're going to work harder to find a substitute revenue stream.
This same argument would apply to liquor, and yet we don't see a massive black market for liquor out there. That's because with privatized sales, aside from taxes, retailors can sell marijuana for whatever they want. There would be no incentive for retailors to sell it at a price at which people may as well turn to the black market.

If beer was $12/can at the liquor store, but your buddy down the alley brewed it for $0.50/can, you'd buy from him if you could. This isn't the case, because booze is reasonably priced to the point where it's a hassle to make your own compared to the cost at the store. What would be the point of legalizing marijuana, and then having all stores selling it to price it so high that no one bought it legally? Dumb way to 'legalize' something. It's like legalizing prostitution then saying the minimum price is $1000.00... people would just keep doing it illegally. Now if the minimum price was $50.00, most people would go the 'legal' route.

The criminal element isn't selling chocolate bars, or coffee, or any other drugs in massive quantities over retailors, I'd even wager over %95 of cigarettes out there are bought legally.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #196
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

oh come on. it's the pharmaceutical companies fault it's this great big american conspiracy funded by major corporations

riiiight. that's why its illegal
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #197
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
"dumb" pot smokers??

Here is the answer!!

http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/
Looks like they just sit on the couch all day, ya know doing nothing but play video games and eat! Dam those lazy ____ for putting their time and effort into this program.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #198
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
oh come on. it's the pharmaceutical companies fault it's this great big american conspiracy funded by major corporations

riiiight. that's why its illegal
Wow, I think you seriously underestimate the power of lobbyists in the US.
Why else would Tobacco be legal and regular medicine cost twice what it does in Canada? They also killed the Electric car and make sure everyone is paying too much for energy.
aaronck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #199
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, I think pot (and most drugs) should be legal. The only thing that bugs me about it is that so many people think that getting high and driving is ok.

I think there should be a social contract concept in Canadian law where if you choose to get high recreationally and something happens to you (injury/illness, unemployment) as a result of getting high, you forfeit your right to free medical care or welfare/EI benefits and if someone else is harmed, you are dealt with severely from a legal stand point.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-21-2010 at 03:05 PM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #200
drew24
Scoring Winger

Exp:

drew24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drew24 For This Useful Post: