Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #521
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey Hes, as an Optimist how do you handle the Flames losing ways in the playoffs?
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:10 AM   #522
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Hey Hes, as an Optimist how do you handle the Flames losing ways in the playoffs?
Eye patches
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #523
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
This is kind of a strange question I would imagine. But four of us drove home from Kelowna a few days ago and all four of us have sore eyes. So eight sore eyeballs. Like it feels like the strings that attach your eyes to your brain have been strained. It hurts to look side to side. Same for all four of us. What gives? Could a change in location cause this?
Interesting. I wonder if you all slept on a pillow someone farted on.

Could be a virus? Tough to say really. I have never heard of that before.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #524
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I've got 20/20 vision in one eye, 20/25 in the other, just had an eye appointment a few days ago. He did show me a few options for slightly correcting the 20/25 eye that I did notice a bit of a difference. My plan will cover a pair of glasses so I thought hey maybe I will get some, why not if it is free. I forgot to ask him though, if I was to wear glasses for this would it affect my eyesight? Would they set up the glasses so only the 20/25 eye would use a corrective lens?
Wearing or not wearing glasses should have no effect on your eyesight. Especially if you just wear them part time.

You could have a plano lens on the 20/20 eye, but there could also be a very small prescription in there that had minimal effect on vision.

I have a feeling those glasses will help you with night driving.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #525
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Probably haven't been to an eye doc for a check up in 15 years or so. My eyesight has not changed over that time.

Should I go for a checkup?
Could idea to get a new eye health baseline in case something changes in the future. Always good to have something to compare results to.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #526
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Not well. Work is a welcome relief. I was at the game last night too.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #527
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Wearing or not wearing glasses should have no effect on your eyesight. Especially if you just wear them part time.

You could have a plano lens on the 20/20 eye, but there could also be a very small prescription in there that had minimal effect on vision.

I have a feeling those glasses will help you with night driving.
Hrmm now that you mention it I do find that I sometimes struggle with night driving, I'll be saying damnit I can't see anything with this windshield and my wife will ask me what the hell I'm talking about.

I guess its time for me to become a 4 eyed loser... as opposed to a 2 eyed loser :/
Old 04-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #528
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

At what point should you consider switching from Reading Glasses to full prescrpitions ??
Old 04-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #529
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
At what point should you consider switching from Reading Glasses to full prescrpitions ??
When you get Headaches or eye strain with the readers. Over the counter reading glasses do not wreck your eyes and are a nice cheap option, if they work for you.

Going to progressives is a good option when you get tired of the constant on and off of reading glasses.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #530
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

My question was answered two pages back. Thanks for the info!

I wear overnight one month contacts, and have found that I get far fewer infections just from never sticking my fingers in my eyes - aside from twice monthly. Guess this is bad though.

Last edited by AltaGuy; 04-18-2017 at 06:58 PM.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #531
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Might have been asked earlier in the thread, but about 2 weeks ago I woke up and can now see something very small and black/grey out of my right eye. It's not enough to impair my sight or anything, but it's extremely annoying. I'll get it checked out, but what would cause that?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #532
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Might have been asked earlier in the thread, but about 2 weeks ago I woke up and can now see something very small and black/grey out of my right eye. It's not enough to impair my sight or anything, but it's extremely annoying. I'll get it checked out, but what would cause that?
Lots of things. Ranging from sight threatening to benign. You should go in tomorrow to get it checked out by an Optometrist
Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #533
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Everytime I see this thread I am tempted to start one titled: "I am an Optimist, Ask me Anything."

Anyhow, the protective coating on my glasses is "peeling" and I figured I should go in and get them replaced. I really like the frames at the Costco Optical and have had good experiences with them in the past, but my wife has suggested making an appointment with the kids' optometrist; I usually just use the in-house Costco one.

Is there any reason to think that I would be better served to have my eyes checked somewhere other than Costco?

...and if anyone does have any questions for me, I really am an optimist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #534
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Everytime I see this thread I am tempted to start one titled: "I am an Optimist, Ask me Anything."

Anyhow, the protective coating on my glasses is "peeling" and I figured I should go in and get them replaced. I really like the frames at the Costco Optical and have had good experiences with them in the past, but my wife has suggested making an appointment with the kids' optometrist; I usually just use the in-house Costco one.

Is there any reason to think that I would be better served to have my eyes checked somewhere other than Costco?

...and if anyone does have any questions for me, I really am an optimist.
You will typically get a more thorough exam done by an Optometrist not affiliated with a big retail chain. Better equipment and more experience with eye disease on a daily basis.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:30 PM   #535
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Here's a question...I have daily contact lenses that are unopened and still sealed. I didn't realize they had expired. My prescription hasn't changed. Any harm in wearing the contacts?
bagofpucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #536
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had cataract surgery and my reading vision has worsened. Is this normal?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #537
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Here's a question...I have daily contact lenses that are unopened and still sealed. I didn't realize they had expired. My prescription hasn't changed. Any harm in wearing the contacts?
It is like expired food. It may be good, it may not be. All depends on how risk-adverse you are. There is an increased risk of infection. The lens also could have broken down a bit in the sealed package, making it less comfortable.

Personally, I do not eat expired food.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #538
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I've had cataract surgery and my reading vision has worsened. Is this normal?
It can happen. Could have exchanged distance vision for the near vision. If it is relatively soon following surgery there is still some time for interest change however.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #539
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
It is like expired food. It may be good, it may not be. All depends on how risk-adverse you are. There is an increased risk of infection. The lens also could have broken down a bit in the sealed package, making it less comfortable.

Personally, I do not eat expired food.
Good to know, I need them for a softball game, so I think I'll just pop them in before and take them out after. I've got new ones on order, but they won't be here for tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!
bagofpucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:45 PM   #540
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It can happen. Could have exchanged distance vision for the near vision. If it is relatively soon following surgery there is still some time for interest change however.
It was recent. Are you saying my reading vision may improve?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote