Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2024, 11:12 PM   #6621
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is my bold prediction for the next year of WWE programming. I think they are setting up The Rock as a super heel vs Super Face Roman.

It's not a coincidence they've started mentioning Roman's battle with Leukaemia more loudly again.

Cody is going to beat Roman tomorrow.

Rock is going to beat Roman up on Monday and blame him for shaming the family name...and take over as the "Tribal Boss" of the Bloodline on Monday night. Roman will take the time off he's rumoured to be taking.

The Rock will probably beat Cody at Summerslam or another PPV in 6-8 months for the title.

And then a returning face Roman will win at Mania against the Rock in a 1:1 match at WM 41 in Vegas.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 11:28 PM   #6622
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also I want to praise the Rock for working a real match and not just a Brock squash what I was worried could happen.

He let Cody and Seth hit a lot more offense than I though.

Rock bumped for a Cody Cutter, A stomp, a Rock Bottom through a table, a pedigree, a spear...might be missing a few others.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 01:30 AM   #6623
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really wish Cody would retire the Cody cutter. It looks so bad, especially when you put it up against Ospreay's version.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 02:02 AM   #6624
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Jade looked really good! Most reviews seems to say the same. Lots of power moves, all of which were executed properly. She still needs to improve her skills, but you can tell she's grown her moveset in the performance center. Most critics seem to agree. Calling her Ryback green is laughable... Isn't AEW responsible for not training her despite running her into a 60-0 record as champion?

As for my thoughts on Mania night one. I thought it was really good! Rhea/Becky could have been better, but I think you could tell Becky was sick. I hope they have a rematch down the road. Tag match was fun. Great moment with having Truth win. Mysterio match was filler. I was hoping Dom would win, but it was a match to make the home town fans happy... So whatever.

Uso's match was good, very story driven. I was kind of hoping Jimmy would pull off the upset. They weren't given a ton of time, but at least the finish was captivating. Going to quote Tito here "Take note, Young Bucks. You lack emotion and psychology in your awful matches. Jey hits a spear and then a rotating splash for the win". That's how WWE matches differ to a Bucks match. Bucks are complete spotfests, nothing more.

I liked the women's match. It didn't get a ton of time, but they all get their moments. I liked the finish. I do think they need to give Jade time to learn from Naomi and Bianca. Eventually Jade will be a cornerstone for the division imo. She's excellent for the limited amount of training she's had, and has a marvelous look and physique. She's only 31 years old, and will be against Bianca at next year's Mania (book it).

Zayn/Gunther was easily match of the night. Pretty much as expected. Gunther is the best wrestler in the company right now. One of the best in the world. He just does everything so well. The match wasn't predictable or formulaic in the usual WWE manner. Most WWE matches have a rhythm to them, this one felt different. Gunther can say he wasn't focused on the match. Although I assume he'll be going for the World Title in the near future. He's surpassed the mid-card.

Fantastic main event! The best "sports entertainment" match of the night. The Rock looked great, just as Austin did last year. Maybe they can go one more round? The result was predictable, yet it makes tomorrow's match more interesting. The Rock was so over in the match. It's incredible how big he's become after turning heel only a month ago. I liked how their setting up for him turning on Roman with that spear. They're booking a full year in advance these days, which usually results in a great payoff. Works so much better than "let's fight"... "Okay!" that were often accustom to. I don't know why Rock didn't "turn" sooner... I'm glad it worked out this way in the end. We just had to suffer through all those corny Rock appearances of goofy chants and sucking up to the crowd. Cody MUST go over tomorrow, otherwise his burial will be complete.

****/***** tonight for me. A really solid night one. The last two matches were best of the night for me. The only one I didn't enjoy was the Mysterio filler match

Last edited by trackercowe; 04-07-2024 at 02:35 AM.
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 03:14 AM   #6625
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Here is my bold prediction for the next year of WWE programming. I think they are setting up The Rock as a super heel vs Super Face Roman.

It's not a coincidence they've started mentioning Roman's battle with Leukaemia more loudly again.

Cody is going to beat Roman tomorrow.

Rock is going to beat Roman up on Monday and blame him for shaming the family name...and take over as the "Tribal Boss" of the Bloodline on Monday night. Roman will take the time off he's rumoured to be taking.

The Rock will probably beat Cody at Summerslam or another PPV in 6-8 months for the title.

And then a returning face Roman will win at Mania against the Rock in a 1:1 match at WM 41 in Vegas.
He definitely made it seem like there was more planned after wrestlemania in the press conference

I think he and roman are both away after monday for a while, summerslam the earliest they are back, but setting up rock v roman next year makes a ton of sense, and it doesnt need the title

He also said expect some surprises tomorrow
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 03:16 AM   #6626
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also I want to praise the Rock for working a real match and not just a Brock squash what I was worried could happen.

He let Cody and Seth hit a lot more offense than I though.

Rock bumped for a Cody Cutter, A stomp, a Rock Bottom through a table, a pedigree, a spear...might be missing a few others.
Yep, he looked better tonight than in any of the stuff with cena and punk

His best match in 2 decades
Old 04-07-2024, 03:25 AM   #6627
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

So who helps cody?

Austin and cena I've seen rumors of, jey and seth would make sense, Seth's may depend on how his goes

I know there's a 99.9 percent chance he already resigned with AEW, but MJF would be incredible
Old 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM   #6628
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
If only TK could maintain this level of composure when he's on social media...

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...t-a-boss-media
I thought this was a joke at first...so maybe not that composed by Tony...

https://x.com/wrestlepurists/status/...584898140?s=46

I'm not a big Punk fan in any of this but all this shows to me is that both sides always seem to be at fault and just cant let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
So who helps cody?

Austin and cena I've seen rumors of, jey and seth would make sense, Seth's may depend on how his goes

I know there's a 99.9 percent chance he already resigned with AEW, but MJF would be incredible
If Austin and Cena are true then I wonder if they set up a situation where Seth can't help.

Seth is easy enough, have him lose his belt and get kayfabe injured in that match somehow or attacked by the Bloodline.

Then you have Jey come out to fight Jimmy. Cena comes out to negate Solo. And then when it's Rock and Reigns beating down Cody 2-1 and that's when Austin comes out.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 04-07-2024 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:53 AM   #6629
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I thought this was a joke at first...so maybe not that composed by Tony...

https://x.com/wrestlepurists/status/...584898140?s=46

I'm not a big Punk fan in any of this but all this shows to me is that both sides always seem to be at fault and just cant let it go.

Why? This does zero to further AEW as a product.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:37 AM   #6630
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Why? This does zero to further AEW as a product.

It goes to show that CM Punk was the biggest draw they'll ever have, that they are still trying to trot him out to get eyes on their product.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:43 AM   #6631
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
It goes to show that CM Punk was the biggest draw they'll ever have, that they are still trying to trot him out to get eyes on their product.
Are they still selling Punk merch? I remember Cody and Punk merchandise were still top sellers well after they had left and gone back to the WWE.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:40 AM   #6632
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its not like its going to set up a future feud with Punk. It does nothing to sell tickets.

They might get a quarter hour boost, but if it shows what Punk says happens and there was no sign that Tony was afraid for his life, then all its going to do is make fans turn on Tony.

This is just a dumb move.

Maybe halfway through, they'll have Jack Perry return using the Cult of Personality theme song and the little moron screaming "Its clobbering time".

Tony needs to stop reacting.

I have to wonder who got into his ear on this one.

But this goes back to what I've been saying about AEW for a while, and its not bashing. They don't have anyone there that is asking, how does this build our business, how does it draw money. It doesn't happen with Tony, it clearly doesn't happen with the executives or the EVP's or the producers.

Instead everything feels like its being done for the boys in the back. For all of his awful booking even Vince Russo realized that doing that was bad for business.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 04-07-2024 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-07-2024, 12:53 PM   #6633
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1776957974721769502

Bro is never beating these allegations lmao.

Get uppppppp
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 12:55 PM   #6634
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Logan Paul wins, man that guy is a world class Heel.

I am also interested in Styles VS Knight.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 01:35 PM   #6635
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I hope Logan Paul wins, man that guy is a world class Heel.

I am also interested in Styles VS Knight.
Plus an Owens/Orton program coming out of Mania would be fun as well... although Orton/Rhodes also has to happen at some point.
Old 04-07-2024, 03:40 PM   #6636
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its not like its going to set up a future feud with Punk. It does nothing to sell tickets.

They might get a quarter hour boost, but if it shows what Punk says happens and there was no sign that Tony was afraid for his life, then all its going to do is make fans turn on Tony.

This is just a dumb move.

Maybe halfway through, they'll have Jack Perry return using the Cult of Personality theme song and the little moron screaming "Its clobbering time".

Tony needs to stop reacting.

I have to wonder who got into his ear on this one.

But this goes back to what I've been saying about AEW for a while, and its not bashing. They don't have anyone there that is asking, how does this build our business, how does it draw money. It doesn't happen with Tony, it clearly doesn't happen with the executives or the EVP's or the producers.

Instead everything feels like its being done for the boys in the back. For all of his awful booking even Vince Russo realized that doing that was bad for business.
I dont think anyone got in his ear, this screams cocaine tony

It's not gonna draw any new numbers, people will watch on twitter
Old 04-07-2024, 04:15 PM   #6637
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

One blessing about tonight is I'll never have to hear Gasoline by The Weekend ever again. That song has been annoying the heck out of me for months.
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 05:02 PM   #6638
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well this is interesting, just realized that Wrestlemania is free on SN+ subscribers? Have it on now, haven't watched a Wrestlemania since the days of Hulk Hogan, etc!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 05:10 PM   #6639
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't care, I still have a mad crush on Stephenie.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 05:17 PM   #6640
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What the blue hell?