Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #1781
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

MRI confirms Wentz has a torn ACL.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #1782
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chargers might have a good claim as the team with the best chance to beat the Patriots in the AFC. Pass rush is simply elite, very good secondary, offense that is heating up. Jags defense is great but relying on Blake is a poor bet. Steelers just don't inspire a lot of confidence.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:34 AM   #1783
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

So Philly is drafting at 25 then huh? Sweet
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #1784
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, that's HUGE news with Wentz being out. Sad, philly looked like they were going to be rolling this year.

In a league lacking thirsting for the new wave of superstar QBs to sell the next generation on, tough year given all these injuries!
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #1785
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The NFC is really fascinating now.

Of all the potential playoff teams, I would have to think that Russel Wilson and Drew Brees are the two QB's that you would want to put a game in the hands of.

But...if Aaron Rogers can get the Packers in, who wants to bet against him?

I still think the AFC is New England and Pittsburgh. Jacksonville does have an emerging young defence that is really going to dominate for years. But at this point I think the experience of Roethlisberger and Brady will show thru. You can see as the season goes on that these guys get their game into form. The one wild card could be if the Ravens were to find a way to match up with the Patriots, since they've tended to play the Patriots tough over the years. But with Smith out, I think the Raven defence takes a bit of a hit.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #1786
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simanium View Post
This is the 4th straight primetime game for the Steelers and it is clear that they are pretenders. They can barely handle mediocre teams. The Patriots are going to annihilate them, as usual.
I don't know - Ben keeps making plays in the clutch. Flacco could not.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #1787
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

to be honest, the last two games have actually made me more confident in the Steelers. This is a resilient team with a lot of character that finds ways to come back late in games. That's not a bad thing going into playoffs. Ben is seemingly finding his groove too.

Defensively they need Joe Haden back ASAP. Stabilizing the defense without Shazier is going to be a big task for Butler but he has a few weeks to figure that out.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #1788
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Just saw the shenanigans at the end of the Jags/Seahawks game...victory formation, game is over, and Bennett rolls into the centers knees?

What a dbag. That also precipitated the whole series of events that led to other ejections ad Richardson trying to clib into the stands.

Bennett should be suspended...period. Its all on his shoulders. The guy that was a victim in that Vegas thing which was disturbing to say the least.... then turns around and behaves like that? Clown.

Seahawks are so unlikeable.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #1789
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
But...if Aaron Rogers can get the Packers in, who wants to bet against him?
As a gambler, I'd absolutely bet against them. That's a very mediocre team and, as good as Rodgers is, football is still a team game. Look at all those years the Saints have pissed away by not surrounding Brees with a good defense, the Colts with Manning, the Chargers with Rivers and Brees. Franchise QBs are generally the guys who will make you perennial playoff teams but you need a good supporting cast and coaching to be a Super Bowl contender and I don't see that in this year's Packers (apologies in advance to transplant).

That said, Green Bay would probably be the second or third best team in the AFC this year and in that scenario I could definitely see Rodgers willing them to a Super Bowl. I just can't see it against the slate of teams the NFC is putting out this year.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #1790
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Rodgers can come back and beat the Panthers, Vikes, and then Lions I think it proves the team is decent enough to make a run

I wouldn't call them favorites, but they have better than a punchers chance, and the best player at the most important position in the game
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #1791
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rodgers coming back just in time for the Panthers makes me so happy. Get it done, A-Rodg
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #1792
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Rodgers coming back just in time for the Panthers makes me so happy. Get it done, A-Rodg
Not a done deal yet. He is having bone density scan tomorrow and then meeting with doctors. If he isnt 100% then he wont be playing.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #1793
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
If Rodgers can come back and beat the Panthers, Vikes, and then Lions I think it proves the team is decent enough to make a run

I wouldn't call them favorites, but they have better than a punchers chance, and the best player at the most important position in the game
Well there is an outside shot the Vikes could be resting their starters when they play the Pack.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:39 PM   #1794
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like good Jay showed up today, at least so far. Man when he Is on he can hang with the best of them but 3 or 4 games a season will never cut it
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #1795
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Zach Miller talks about his horrific injury and almost losing part, if not all, of his leg. Good to see he is going to be OK. Scary stuff.

Quote:
"It was very real," Miller said, when asked about the threat of amputation. "A couple wrong turns away from actually happening. I had a ton of care, a lot of people helping me out through that entire process. But we were a couple minutes away from having that be real. Thankfully, we were able to avoid it and we didn't really get into where I had stuff that was starting to die off or anything. We were able to save pretty much everything. So I'm very thankful that happened."

Added Miller: "I remember, before I got into the emergency surgery, the last thing I was telling the doctors was, 'Please, save my leg!' Because I knew that something wasn't quite right just in the way my leg was feeling and the way it was filling up. I knew we had issues."

"I haven't really talked about a timeline," Miller said. "When am I going to be able to get off crutches? When do I start walking? When do you get off the brace? I think I'll probably just take all that and rehab as it comes. I haven't asked many questions as far as down-the-road-type things. I'm kind of just taking this day by day, the steps and the process of going through surgery, rehabbing."

"But vascular-wise, artery's as strong if not stronger than it ever was," he added. "... The risk of reinjuring that is the risk that I had of doing it in the first place. I don't know what the percentage is. I don't imagine it's very high."

"Things could be worse," Miller said. "I've been in a ton of situations that have been far better than this. [After] all of the things that I've had gone on throughout my entire career, I don't think there's a point for me to sit back and think, 'Why me?' If anything, I know that I'll be better when this is done. This ain't the end of my life.

"There's a ton of things that I'll still be able to do, and really everything's been conveyed to me is that I'm going to be completely fine after we get through this. So now it's just grind through this, use this for any amount of positivity you can and carry on because we've got a lot of life left to lead. I'm trying to have as much fun doing that as possible."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rgency-surgery
Old 12-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #1796
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, phins d showing up tonight. Lifetime dolphin fan and I was contemplating not even turning it on. Glad I did, at least thus far
Old 12-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #1797
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just turned on the game. Those Dolphins retros are infinitely better than their current unis. And not just because they're retro either.

Something about the current shade of aqua and the updated boring version of dolphin that I'm not digging at all. Go back to these
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #1798
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing makes the football fan in me happier than seeing Tom Brady lose... Well perhaps a Miami win comes close.

Hope Pats get spanked next week and are an early out come play offs.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #1799
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Worst onside kick of all time?
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DropIt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #1800
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Worst onside kick of all time?
It was pretty bad but I think this one is the most epic fail ever for an onside kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIyN9jWC1Y0