Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #901
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Whats Lovren supposed to do though? The only thing you can say he should have done different is not have his hands up when CL jumps into him. That's a tough one though because defenders are routinely allowed to use their hands to defend.

Anyways, doesn't matter anymore. We should have put the game away earlier as you've said.
The thing that really bothers me is how quickly he awarded that, no hesitation whatsoever on an incredibly iffy call, kind of seems like he was looking for it.

And celebrating their weak penalty like they just won the World Cup after playing the most negative game of the season.

Again, Allardyce came in and did a 'Bus Park' that would make even Jose Mourinho embarrassed and because of an incredibly cheap call he got a point out of it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #902
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Klopp interview after the game about the penalty was something else

He's losing it
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #903
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
That Klopp interview after the game about the penalty was something else

He's losing it
It was a terrible call after a very frustrating game, but yeah, he was choked but hes so polite.

One day Klopp is going to lose his temper and I wouldnt want to be that reporter.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #904
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

No complaints about that. City completely controlled that. Probably the earliest that one could possibly say that the league is over.

Having said that I cannot stand the sight of Oliver. I said to my friends when I saw his little rat face at the start of the game that he was guaranteed to be a talking point after the game. I can sorta forgive the missed call but to turn round and book Herrera after ignoring a 9.9 flop by Jesus in the first screams inconsistency.

Guardiola is a very good manager.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #905
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
One day Klopp is going to lose his temper and I wouldnt want to be that reporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Having said that I cannot stand the sight of Oliver.
I actually thought he had a very good game. Jesus should have been booked, but that's pretty much it.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 11:37 PM   #906
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was a terrible call after a very frustrating game, but yeah, he was choked but hes so polite.

The laughter reminded me of the joker

Would have loved to see the reporters face right after he said 'soft but a pen'

Regardless of whether it was one though, just the nature of that game, they could have played for 10 hours and Everton weren't scoring if it wasnt a pen or some random fluke. So his level of frustration is understandable
Old 12-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #907
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excited to hear to hear about the milk incident for the next 10 years with new trickles of news every few years just like pizzagate

Who threw the milk?
What % was it? Did it just skim him?
Who threw the water?
Who smashes Arteta in the head????
Old 12-11-2017, 01:54 AM   #908
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
No complaints about that. City completely controlled that. Probably the earliest that one could possibly say that the league is over.

Having said that I cannot stand the sight of Oliver. I said to my friends when I saw his little rat face at the start of the game that he was guaranteed to be a talking point after the game. I can sorta forgive the missed call but to turn round and book Herrera after ignoring a 9.9 flop by Jesus in the first screams inconsistency.

Guardiola is a very good manager.
There was no way they were winning that game without Pogba. The difference with him in the lineup for them is dramatic. Not a good thing actually that they are so dependent on one player. For United though this can very much be a blessing in disguise. Champions League becomes the priority and it should be anyway / always was number one for Sir Alex. Jose can use the Premier League to experiment and get time in for the young guys etc.. Just needs enough results to stay top four.

Plus he can readily point to the need for more players and show ownership that they aren't there yet / he needed four in the summer just to close the gap a bit and then more in January, if possible. and more likely next summer. They didn't give it to him / now his case is stronger.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St. Pats For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #909
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Excited to hear to hear about the milk incident for the next 10 years with new trickles of news every few years just like pizzagate

Who threw the milk?
Who threw the water?
Sounded like a pretty good bust-up.

I for one hope there is video of Mourinho meekly going over to the visitor's dressing room and politely asking them if they could turn the music down.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #910
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Who threw the milk?
Who threw the water?
Quote:
Sounded like a pretty good bust-up.

I for one hope there is video of Mourinho meekly going over to the visitor's dressing room and politely asking them if they could turn the music down.
If it's true that Lukaku threw a bottle then how many games will he get? 10? 12? Has to be a significant number...
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #911
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The laughter reminded me of the joker

Would have loved to see the reporters face right after he said 'soft but a pen'

Regardless of whether it was one though, just the nature of that game, they could have played for 10 hours and Everton weren't scoring if it wasnt a pen or some random fluke. So his level of frustration is understandable
His mannerisms remind me of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Hes polite and smiling to your face but in his mind he is plotting your gruesome death.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #912
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
His mannerisms remind me of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Hes polite and smiling to your face but in his mind he is plotting your gruesome death.
The whole soft-pen debate is hilarious. A penalty is a penalty, so the distinction is just irrelevant.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #913
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ederson was legendary yesterday. Not only did he stop Lukaku point blank with his neck tats, he doused Mourinho in milk, and he also ended up with more touches (41) than Rashford (38), Martial (38), Lukaku (27) or Lingard (22). And of course his first touch is miles ahead of Lukaku. Might be the non-Salah signing of the summer.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #914
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

quality trolling from Louis.

Quote:
“I would rather watch City than United,” said the Dutchman. ”You need quality in a squad and it’s clear City have a better squad. If you ask me how did I do at United, I will say it was my best year ever, given the circumstances I was working under. We played football that was quite all right. But it’s not football that is appreciated in England. And yet, right now, looking at United, I have to conclude Mourinho is not being criticised while it’s far more boring football.

“What United produce now is defensive football. I always played attacking football. The proof is that the opposition were always parking the bus. They don’t do that now because Jose plays so defensive.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ring-football/
Old 12-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #915
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Well.....you could always throw some milk at him...

Old 12-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #916
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
To be fair, he's not really wrong. Mourinho plays a very boring brand of football. If it's your team and he gets results, then you don't care, but for neutral or rival fans it's generally a snoozefest.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #917
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
There was no way they were winning that game without Pogba. The difference with him in the lineup for them is dramatic. Not a good thing actually that they are so dependent on one player. For United though this can very much be a blessing in disguise. Champions League becomes the priority and it should be anyway / always was number one for Sir Alex. Jose can use the Premier League to experiment and get time in for the young guys etc.. Just needs enough results to stay top four.

Plus he can readily point to the need for more players and show ownership that they aren't there yet / he needed four in the summer just to close the gap a bit and then more in January, if possible. and more likely next summer. They didn't give it to him / now his case is stronger.
Sure, they're a better team with Pogba in the side but I don't buy the argument that they had no chance yesterday without him.
Fact of the matter is that United play scared/conservatively against the top teams. Look at their timid approach at Anfield against a fragile defence. Look how they say back at The Emirates relying on De Gea to save a dream two goal start.

And look at yesterday. There was no attempt to break at speed. They sat back, they invited city to come at them, and when they did get possession back they promptly returned it to them with a long ball to a lonesome Lukaku. Even when he was winning it there was no one around him to lay it off to. They were extremely lucky to go in at 1-1. City looked comfortable yesterday but part of that is because imo United made it easy for them.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #918
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
To be fair, he's not really wrong. Mourinho plays a very boring brand of football. If it's your team and he gets results, then you don't care, but for neutral or rival fans it's generally a snoozefest.
Mourinho's brand of football whilst at times boring is riveting compared to the crap that cloghead produced and has bizarrely produced the second most goals in the league.

As for results. van Gaals last game in charge was lifting the FA cup with every single MU fan there and at home thinking, good, now feck off!

van Gaal's football simply is dull, drab, soulless and lifeless. Like his personality. The most exciting thing I can remember from his tenure was Phil Jones taking a corner. Mourinho's whilst generally not edge of the seat stuff is not even comparable to the tripe he served up.

I am happy about the bust up. Can't beat a bit of genuine hate to spice things up. Hopefully get back to something similar to the good old Arsenal days.

Quote:
I always played attacking football.
Sweet Jebus. He couldn't even get a shot on goal some games.

Last edited by Bagor; 12-11-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #919
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
oh I get that. The point is that the comment is coming from the man who guided them to 49 league goals in a full season and is a huge part of why "City have a better squad".
Old 12-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #920
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect today's UCL draw sealed this as Mourinho's last year at United. PSG will flame out to Madrid, Emery will get canned and Jose will take the easy way out. I think he knows beating Pep in the league is going to be nearly impossible given the advantage of unlimited finance Pep enjoys. PSG allows him to keep a profile and really only have to game plan for up to 7 games a year in the knockout stages. All for more money than he'd make at United, and unlimited finance himself.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 12-11-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote