Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #21
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Is it wrong that a part of me wants a loss just to see the CP meltdown?
plz no.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #22
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oilers have a chance to drive a nail into the Flames playoff coffin. They will be motivated to play. Will the Flames have an answer? I hope so, but I'm not confident in that. The Flames have been a poorly prepared team most of the season. They have to break that habit to pull a win out tonight.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #23
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
I don't even care if we make the playoffs. We cannot go 0-8 against the Oilers!!!!!

If we lose i want Gully's nuts on a silver platter...
I think we are already 0-8 against the Oilers, I think the Oilers are aiming for their 9th straight win against us tonight. Pretty sure Glen has never ever beat the Edmonton Oilers.

I think Glen would be the only the second Flames coach (Don Hay being the first) to never ever beat the Edmonton Oilers. Even Guy Charron beat the Edmonton Oilers.

Last edited by Aarongavey; 03-13-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #24
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Watching with channel changer in hand
Old 03-13-2018, 08:46 AM   #25
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

The question is not will I weep, but that when I do will they be tears of joy or tears of dispair.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:46 AM   #26
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

The Calgary Flames are a professional hockey franchise that was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1971 before relocating to Calgary, Alberta in 1980. They have won the Stanley Cup once, defeating the Montreal Canadiens in six games in 1989.

The Edmonton Oilers are a professional hockey franchise based in Edmonton, Alberta. First operating in the World Hockey Association as the Alberta Oilers in 1972, the team was part of the WHA merger in 1979 and made their NHL debut the same year.

Hey, the creative writing didn't work...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #27
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
Watching with double scotch in hand
Fixed
Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #28
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

McDavid is the issue. Backlund, though an top notch defender IMO, seems to have difficulties with his speed and muscle. Backlund fares best against shifty playmaking centres like Tavares, who he was effective against last game. It's still gotta be Backlund against him tonight but Backs is going to have to have a great game.

The last few games they've also matched Brodie/Hamonic against McDavid. Brodie's been exploited a bit - I noticed McDavid chose to carry the puck down his right wing (Brodie's left more often). Gio/Hamilton might be a better matchup because McDavid is less good against defencemen who play him tough physically. Gio can still skate fairly well and Hamilton can as well.

Of course, since they play McDavid half the game they all have to be aware. And the top line and third line really need to expose Edmonton's defence.

I wonder who plays goal? Smith was not great early last game (but came on pretty well), and he started the first two losses (though Rittich took the L in the second one because of Calgary's comeback and Brodie's own goal). Rittich started the last one which went to the shootout and played well.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #29
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
There's going to be a lot of emotion on this forum today, either way this thing goes.

I think I might just avoid the forum today just so I don't get sucked into it.
Don't you think it'll be at least a little fun to join the fray? I'll be in the GT. I'm curious to know who doesn't even belong in the NHL, how Monahan is overpaid and actually sucks, Gio is a brutal leader, GG should be shot into the sun, Treliving gave away the farm for Hamonic, etc etc. Plus, you get to learn who is "done" with this team, only to come crawling back into the PGT and future GDTs.

Or you could hang out with all geriatrics in South Florida.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #30
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

14-1 Oilers
Old 03-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #31
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Given the reports out of practice I think Gulutzan knows his job is on the line -- narrowly missing the playoffs is bad but two more losses to the Oilers would be the final two nails in the coffin IMO.

We'll find out tonight if the players are still listening to him.

Prediction: Flames 4, Oilers 1.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #32
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Beat them 2 times down the stretch will make up for the awful GG record against them
Old 03-13-2018, 09:02 AM   #33
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

If there’s another lackluster effort or poor start against the Oilers tonight I want the entire team and staff keelhauled down Stephen Ave. Or whatever the dry land equivalent of keelhauling is.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #34
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Flames don't show up for the start of a BOA. All hope is lost for the season and GG.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #35
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

with the potential of the Flames playoff hopes riding on 3 losses or less, 2 losses could in a sense bury them. So whatever is in their head, they have to figure it out tonight.

this is the backs against the wall moment that every pro-athlete is suppossed to relish and want.

We'll see

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #36
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

For the love of God, just win this one friggin game!

Oiler troll sightings have been few and far between this year, and I've loved every minute of it... They generally now only pop their heads out after BOA games.

I love the Flames, and it's about time they began to love me back!! 5-2 in a dominating win with Talbot pulled, Russell exposed, McDavid shut down, and Greaser trolls smacked back down into their holes.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #37
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
The Calgary Flames are a professional hockey franchise that was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1971 before relocating to Calgary, Alberta in 1980. They have won the Stanley Cup once, defeating the Montreal Canadiens in six games in 1989.

The Edmonton Oilers are a professional hockey franchise based in Edmonton, Alberta. First operating in the World Hockey Association as the Alberta Oilers in 1972, the team was part of the WHA merger in 1979 and made their NHL debut the same year.

Hey, the creative writing didn't work...
Well, it sure seems you're being creative again...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to J79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #38
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't think that there is a dry land equivalent unless you chain them to the front of a semi and throw them under while on the move.

I don't even know what they would call it Truckhauling?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #39
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well it's the Oilers Stanley Cup tonight. Putting a nail in the Flames coffin is all they have to play for. Gulutzan fired some F-bombs at the team yesterday so it's possible this team finally comes out strong on home ice. I expect the Flames to at least make a game out of this one and if that doesn't happen then it's going to be an ugly offseason.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #40
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chalk up another L.
Closed Thread