Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2018, 04:42 AM   #181
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
I'll take Donothan Hurley if that's okay? No one else is picking anyway.
rumy and Iceman57 get a chance to pick before you. If Donothan's still available, I'll mark him down as your pick.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #182
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
rumy and Iceman57 get a chance to pick before you. If Donothan's still available, I'll mark him down as your pick.
Doesn't seem all that fair when I was never messaged that my pick was up by the person before me. That's just a common courtesy.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #183
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Doesn't seem all that fair when I was never messaged that my pick was up by the person before me. That's just a common courtesy.
Perhaps, but this is straight out of the 'Rules' post I made:

Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: That you are responsible for monitoring the thread and making your picks when it's your turn. Do not depend on getting a PM Notification to tell you when it's your turn. There have been some problems in the past with PM's not going through or not being sent. While I ask that folks send the next person in line a PM...no one is OBLIGATED to...please don't miss your pick because you were depending on/waiting for a PM that didn't come.
This has been a problem for the last 3-4 seasons, with PM's going astray or not being sent. Yes, it's a courtesy, but one that can't be depends on. Which is why I've put into into the Rules to please keep up with the thread.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:04 PM   #184
rumy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Pool B. I'll take Stephanie Johnson.
rumy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 AM   #185
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What a craptastic game that was so I'm pretty drunk and I'm not entirely sure if it's my pick or not but how about we just put this second round of pool B drafting out of its misery already, lol.

If it is my pick, I'll be cool and pass on Hurley to take the kid Micheal Yerger

Pool B

cammy13 - Bradley Klehege - Desirre Afuye??
trackercowe - Chris Noble - Donathon Hurley??
Iceman57 - Sebastian Noel - Micheal Yerger??
rumy - Brendan Shapiro - Stephanie Johnson
droopydrew19 - Jenna Bowman - Laurel Johnson
KootenayFlamesFan - Morgan Ricke - Kellyn Bechtold
csnarpy - Angela Perkins - James Lin
Cheese - Wendell Holland - Stephanie Gonzalez
Regulator75 - Chelsea Townsend - Chris Noble
ratech - Domenick Abbate - Sebastian Noel
Tron_fdc - James Lin - Angela Perkins
Iggy_12 - Libby Vincek - Chelsea Townsend
bigtmac19 - Laurel Johnson - Bradley Klehege
WhiteTiger - Stephanie Gonzalez - Morgan Ricke
Yoho - Donathan Hurley - Wendell Holland
killer_carlson - Michael Yerger - Libby Vincek
Otto-matic - Stephanie Johnson - Jenna Bowman
Puxlut - Kellyn Bechtold - Domenick Abbate
GreenLantern - Desirre Afuye - Jacob Derwin
savardandjokinen - Jacob Derwin - Brendan Shapiro

Last edited by Iceman57; 02-22-2018 at 02:00 AM.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 04:47 AM   #186
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

That does wrap up Pool B picking! The show starts in 6 days!
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2018, 01:09 AM   #187
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just a reminder it starts tonight and it's a 2 hr premier so set your pvr's accordingly.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2018, 08:31 PM   #188
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some terrible play right out of the gate....
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2018, 09:22 PM   #189
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
Just a reminder it starts tonight and it's a 2 hr premier so set your pvr's accordingly.
I needed something other than the hockey game.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:59 PM   #190
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well...that was an interesting go.

Gonzalez played way too hard, way too fast.

Jacob...well, that Legacy Advantage does seem to be cursed, though Stephanie played him like a fiddle, which didn't help.

A Tribal Swap already in the next show. No big surprise with Orange getting dominated at every turn.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 02-28-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #191
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't think I have ever fist pumped over the first tribal, Gonzalez really thought she was something special, doing the ear whispers and then everyone votes her out, lol. Donathon and his coming in to out muscle the muscle is why I love this show, I'm really pulling for him. I'm not digging the shake-up so soon.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #192
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

The standing and whispering in the middle of tribal might be the worst thing to come out of Game Changers. I'm glad Gonzales got voted out first for trying that.

It's early, but I like Donathan. I'm glad Jacob got voted out, anything else would have been stupid. Stephanie played him.

Would have liked to seen at least a couple more tribals before a swap.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:11 AM   #193
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jacob could have been fun to watch for a few more weeks.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #194
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
I don't think I have ever fist pumped over the first tribal, Gonzalez really thought she was something special, doing the ear whispers and then everyone votes her out, lol. Donathon and his coming in to out muscle the muscle is why I love this show, I'm really pulling for him. I'm not digging the shake-up so soon.
I was watching at work and my co-workers thought I was insane.... screaming "See you next Tuesday! Adios!" The "resting-b!tch-face" when she got voted off was awesome. It was girls like her in high school that pissed me off.
And from the look of Donathon's dive from the dock and surface dive to go underwater, I call BS on his inability to have done the challenge. He has swimming skills. I think he might be playing people.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #195
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
And from the look of Donathon's dive from the dock and surface dive to go underwater, I call BS on his inability to have done the challenge. He has swimming skills. I think he might be playing people.
I was kinda wondering what was going on with both of them, honestly. But I do suppose there is quite a difference between dog-paddling around with your head above the water, and diving down 8 feet or so. If you aren't a swimmer, and you 'practiced' or even learned just for Survivor, I guess I could see it.

But they also knew it was part of the challenge, as it was described to them...so why did both get chosen for that leg? You could have had Morgan (I think? Maybe Chelsea?) go in that leg and do it, while James treaded water picking out the marked balls.

It was weird all around.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:47 AM   #196
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know, it kind of baffles me. These guys and gals know they're applying to the show. They get a bunch of warnings when they get accepted so they can put their lives on hold.

Half of this game is the physical challenges.

You pretty well know that at the core of these games, there's swimming, running, diving, going through obstacle courses and solving those slide puzzles.

Personally the minute I sent my video tape in, I'm at the pool everyday, in the gym every day. I have every slide puzzle app on the internet bookmarked on my computer.

I'd probably quietly take a wilderness survival course so that I'm entirely useful.

You have to wonder if the producers go up to some of these guys, and say "You probably aren't going to win, here's 10k to make this challenge dramatic.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #197
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Donothan is Kate McKinnons younger version of Jeff Sessions. Also, it appears that possums do in fact crossbreed with humans.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #198
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I was kinda wondering what was going on with both of them, honestly. But I do suppose there is quite a difference between dog-paddling around with your head above the water, and diving down 8 feet or so. If you aren't a swimmer, and you 'practiced' or even learned just for Survivor, I guess I could see it.

But they also knew it was part of the challenge, as it was described to them...so why did both get chosen for that leg? You could have had Morgan (I think? Maybe Chelsea?) go in that leg and do it, while James treaded water picking out the marked balls.

It was weird all around.
Both my picks
Old 03-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #199
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You know, it kind of baffles me. These guys and gals know they're applying to the show. They get a bunch of warnings when they get accepted so they can put their lives on hold.

Half of this game is the physical challenges.

You pretty well know that at the core of these games, there's swimming, running, diving, going through obstacle courses and solving those slide puzzles.

Personally the minute I sent my video tape in, I'm at the pool everyday, in the gym every day. I have every slide puzzle app on the internet bookmarked on my computer.

I'd probably quietly take a wilderness survival course so that I'm entirely useful.

You have to wonder if the producers go up to some of these guys, and say "You probably aren't going to win, here's 10k to make this challenge dramatic.
Just speculation, but I would guess the application tape is a long shot, many of these people have probably sent in multiple applications and they probably find out about this pretty shortly before leaving.

Although I do kind of agree, why go on survivor if you cant swim or compete physically to some extent, Why go on the amazing race if you are unwilling to dance and skydive. It is unlikely they have much chance to prepare and the producers probably bias the pool to applicants that are more likely to have these problems.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #200
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wonder how hard they vette these candidates.

Because personally, I would make sure that I had some debilitating fear in my tape

"Jeff, I'm afraid of jello, terrified, I have seizures when I see it"

Probst chuckles - "Boys we need a jello wrestling challenge"

"I'm totally afraid of the water"

"Heh heh heh lets up the water challenges and force him to over come with yelling and jingo's"

I'd pad my shirt, wear think glasses and show me spending my time locked in my moms basement surrounded by Klingon outfits and survivor posters.

Then I would make sure that I knew that I could do every challenge.

Probst - "What a great story captain, we know that you're afraid of the water, but man you over came it"

Me - "Afraid of the water what now? Jeff, the water is my b%tch"

Probst - "Unbelievable, you over came your fear of jello by pinning 6 female opponents in the jello wrestling challenge"

Me - "I just wanted to live the dream man . . . of wrestling 6 hot chicks in bikini's in Jello. John Candy Represent yo"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: