Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #2541
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ And, in light of the events in Paris recently, I'm not surprised departments are training for active shooter scenarios these days. Even without the Paris attacks, one only needs to look at all the shootings this year alone (per the calendar that's been floating around), on the domestic front, to realize it's becoming more and more that they need to practice these scenarios probably weekly at this point.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #2542
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyakasha View Post
PLEASE speak for yourself.

No, WE do not ALL occasionally go on mass shootings because "it is in our nature"...

This is just evil people that have been mis-educated on how to live and love among each other as HUMANS.
All of human history is pretty clear, we are basically a violent xenophobic race, 'evil' if you will, and have to be educated not to go round randomly killing each other, that education is called 'civilization'. Every now and then that millimetres thin veneer of civilization slips and out tumbles our ape like tendency to slaughter each other.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #2543
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
Why is this always a thing for conspiracy guys? Emergency services consistently training in actual scenarios that have happened in other places? Seems more coincidence then anything.

And on the topic of the militarization of the police, its calls like this that forces their hand. At the end of the day, the police need to be prepared to deal with on going, dynamic, situations like this when the people are doing this are so well equipped.
Once or twice is a coincidence, numerous times makes a guy wonder. I honestly don't know.

No, it's not calls like this that forces their hand. It's fulfillment of contracts, using gear and kit that otherwise would sit unused. This goes beyond SWAT or other associated tactical police outfits, this is military gear that is given a fresh coat of PD paint and put to use state side.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #2544
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stonedbirds View Post
Once or twice is a coincidence, numerous times makes a guy wonder. I honestly don't know.

No, it's not calls like this that forces their hand. It's fulfillment of contracts, using gear and kit that otherwise would sit unused. This goes beyond SWAT or other associated tactical police outfits, this is military gear that is given a fresh coat of PD paint and put to use state side.
You do realize that this group of three shooters is essentially modern warfare when it comes to policing? They've killed 14 people in cold blood. Injured god knows how many more. If you want to argue that their use and utilization of it, fine, but calls like this require close to military tactics to deal with them.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #2545
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tactics and kit are not the same thing.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #2546
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Tactics and kit are not the same thing.
I never said they were but they go hand in hand. You need proper kit to have effective tactics.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #2547
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
What a coincidence.

https://www.facebook.com/SanBernardinoCountyFire/

Yesterday they posted this along with photos...

"County Fire Participates in Active Shooter Exercise
A Battalion Chief and 9 firefighters from the High Desert participated in an active shooter exercise held at Victor Valley Community College on Nov 30. Working closely with our public safety cooperators, firefighters practiced mass-casualty incident (MCI) triage techniques, patient care and safety measures during an active shooter incident, and took this opportunity to test inter-agency communication equipment. SBCoFire personnel are trained and ready to respond to mass-casualty incidents from traffic collisions, to large scale disasters."

I'd believe in such coincidences if this wasn't a common occurrence in large scale attacks. ...I'll put the tin foil away now.
So kind of like a student studying a subject one night and the next day he gets a surprise exam.

The luminati must have called him.

Back to topic, this seems like a very professional well planned attack. They were well equipt, they didn't hole up in a building, if its to be believed they had explosive devices planted to slow down the police, and they attacked hard and heavy and then left the area, they didn't stick around to enjoy the carnage.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 12-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #2548
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Absolutely true jar_e. But this proper kit they are using is not because they R&D'd it for themselves, but rather run off from a over 600 billion dollar industry.

SWAT and other tactical units develop tactics in house. As it applies to domestic situations, not those in a war zone. The issue for some people is that the shift has moved towards a militarization of police. Given today's current climate/attitude towards police in the US this is a contentious issue.

Then there is the issue of the posse comitatus act, some say it has been subjugated by the militarization of domestic police forces. But I digress.

I'm not against the police being able to do their jobs or having proper gear to do it. It is rather concerning though when you see military grade equipment, vehicles and weapons being used by our police. I'm not talking about plated up cop cars/paddy wagons but equipment specifically made for the military that's given a new paint job and re-purposed for domestic use.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #2549
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A dispute at a holiday gathering may have sparked a mass shooting in San Bernardino that left 14 people dead and 17 others wounded on Wednesday morning, federal law enforcement officials said.

As many as three assailants, who carried long guns and wore masks, opened fire on a gathering of San Bernardino county employees around 11 a.m., sources and a witness told the Los Angeles Times.

A senior federal official who is monitoring the case said investigators believe one of the shooters left the party after getting into an argument and returned with one or two armed companions.

The shooting took place in a large conference room on the grounds of the Inland Regional Center, which serves people with developmental disabilities in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...202-story.html
Old 12-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #2550
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So kind of like a student studying a subject one night and the next day he gets a surprise exam.

The luminati must have called him.

Back to topic, this seems like a very professional well planned attack. They were well equipt, they didn't hole up in a building, if its to be believed they had explosive devices planted to slow down the police, and they attacked hard and heavy and then left the area, they didn't stick around to enjoy the carnage.
Or studying subway bombings while one happens down the street during happy fun study time in London.

School shooting training exce... studying a few miles down the road from Sandy Hook.

NORAD studying for a "planes hitting buildings" exam the same day of the big test, and being told to stand down.

Like I say, makes a guy wonder is all.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #2551
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Right? Did you know too that steel totally can't be melted by airplane fuel and that someone said "pull it" ON TAPE during 9/11? Plus I heard the moon landing was done on a TV set, not the real moon. Can you believe that? Makes a guy wonder is all.

Anyway, it's a shame again this won't matter in the US, the totally false flag operation that was Sandy Hook couldn't convince anyone to fix gun control laws so a bunch of dead adults won't matter much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #2552
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Or studying subway bombings while one happens down the street during happy fun study time in London.

School shooting training exce... studying a few miles down the road from Sandy Hook.

NORAD studying for a "planes hitting buildings" exam the same day of the big test, and being told to stand down.

Like I say, makes a guy wonder is all.
Staaaaaaaaahhhhppppp
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #2553
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Where do we go from here? It's an endless loop.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #2554
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Where do we go from here? It's an endless loop.
The people may have to rise up in a mass movement of civil disobedience, such as we saw in the 1960s.

Lay down your arms.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #2555
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Allah on a crutch.

Condoleezza Rice said they had intelligence reports that al-Qauda was preparing a attack in the US prior to 9/11. So running training exercises makes total sense. The confusion for the coincidence of both training and the actual attack happening on the same day makes total sense.

Christ, you'd think I'd have linked an article to infowars or something.

Again, I digress. Back to your regular scheduled loathing.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #2556
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 12-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #2557
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Police are serving a search warrant on a home in Redlands, California, in connection with the deadly shooting at a social services facility in neighboring San Bernardino.

City spokesman Carl Baker says Redlands police are assisting San Bernardino police in the search connected to the Wednesday morning shooting that killed at least 14 people and wounded more than a dozen others.

An Associated Press reporter watched as a half-dozen vehicles carrying helmeted police drove into the area. One officer carrying an assault rifle ordered reporters to clear the area, and an armored vehicle parked outside a row of homes.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...b-2dd762949657
Old 12-02-2015, 06:39 PM   #2558
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So two suspects dead, one male and one female.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #2559
HarryH93
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Third person is detained but they're not 100% sure he/she was involved. Just saying that he/she was running in the area around the gunfight.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #2560
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Allah on a crutch.

Condoleezza Rice said they had intelligence reports that al-Qauda was preparing a attack in the US prior to 9/11. So running training exercises makes total sense. The confusion for the coincidence of both training and the actual attack happening on the same day makes total sense.

Christ, you'd think I'd have linked an article to infowars or something.

Again, I digress. Back to your regular scheduled loathing.
What the he'll are you drivelling about? I have a really confused impression of you, as being somewhat of a right wing gun nut but conspiracy theorist at the same time? I have learned absolutely nothing from your posts, and I suggest you go back and look at your overall body of work and I think you'll agree with me. I've seen zero posts from you in the actual flames forum. The only thing that gets you typing nonsense are tragic events and politics. So depressing
Closed Thread