Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2022, 08:44 AM   #5341
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone get any word on the Banff deal this year? I've used it the last couple of years and it's been fantastic! Kinda hoping for another round there!
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:13 AM   #5342
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuryisgod View Post
Anyone get any word on the Banff deal this year? I've used it the last couple of years and it's been fantastic! Kinda hoping for another round there!
Someone posted a couple days back that they plan to do it again this year.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:20 AM   #5343
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Someone posted a couple days back that they plan to do it again this year.
Actually, Jayswin updated with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Well I spoke with someone today and apparently Banff Springs went back on their plan and will be offering no discount code this year.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2022, 09:26 AM   #5344
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh damn. Missed that.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 02:30 PM   #5345
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Played 27 holes yesterday including 9 for the start of Mens League. I woke up this morn with sore achy legs from all the walking and pushing a cart. A sign I need to get in better shape.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:38 PM   #5346
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got a 6:30am tee time tomorrow morning! Can't let night shift slow a guy down!
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2022, 08:37 PM   #5347
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played D'Arcy Ranch today. The weather must have kept everyone away, the place was an absolute ghost town.

Played through a 5 some on the 5th hole and breezed to a 3 hour round as a twosome.

Course was in ok shape, which seems to be the norm out there. Nice course, conditions are suspect.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:38 AM   #5348
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

if you have a tee time today (monday), you likely now have some free time in your life.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:39 PM   #5349
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody using the new TM Stealth driver or Irons? If so, whats your thoughts so far?
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:11 PM   #5350
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Anybody using the new TM Stealth driver or Irons? If so, whats your thoughts so far?
I tried both the irons and driver, as well as the fairway woods. I really wanted to like them because they look so cool! At the end of the day though, I didn't love the feel and I ended up with Callaway instead.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2022, 12:37 PM   #5351
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Played my first ever mens league round last night (9 holes). Played horribly but man was it fun. It was competitive without being real serious, and everyone was just happy to be out amongst people it seemed.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:29 PM   #5352
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Men's league is a great time. Except for having to play in the worst weather playable (hurricane down south here 2 weeks ago). I've found that most people are there for the good time and the super serious ones get weeded out by their teams quickly enough.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2022, 10:01 AM   #5353
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i am sure having trouble finding he time and energy to even get to the range so far this year and i made the effort somewhat early in the calendar year to regrip my clubs and go for a couple of lessons - but my lesson guy seems to have flaked a bit.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:12 AM   #5354
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

It's tough getting your game back on track after a winters layoff. My driver and flat stick are working great, but everthing in between is a cluster####! I keep lifting my head when I'm hitting iron or hybrid shots and there's me skulling my chip shots near the green. Maybe I should tie a brick around my neck to keep my damn head down
Old 05-12-2022, 08:05 PM   #5355
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
It's tough getting your game back on track after a winters layoff. My driver and flat stick are working great, but everthing in between is a cluster####! I keep lifting my head when I'm hitting iron or hybrid shots and there's me skulling my chip shots near the green. Maybe I should tie a brick around my neck to keep my damn head down
Go for a lesson?
Old 05-12-2022, 08:21 PM   #5356
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

I try and go to the driving range the day before I have a tee time, it seems to help and I think it keeps me from making bad shots early. I also rarely take practice swings before striking the ball cause usually the practice swing is the nice swing for me at least.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:38 PM   #5357
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
My son's coach likes to start of his first lessons by going over a spiel he gives at clinics he gives before tournaments he plays. He'll have a bunch of people watching and walk up there and start by topping a bunch of balls. He'll ask the people what he's doing wrong. He says almost every one of them will yell at him to keep his head down. He then showed us how he would have his head completely up and looking at us and would flush every shot.

His point was it is far more important to get in an athletic stance and visualize keeping the back of his belt level, like someone was standing behind him keeping his belt level to the ground. He said that trying to keep your head down is not a very beneficial thought.

He does say though, that keeping your head still is important, so you create a good axis to rotate around.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2022, 09:59 PM   #5358
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
My son's coach likes to start of his first lessons by going over a spiel he gives at clinics he gives before tournaments he plays. He'll have a bunch of people watching and walk up there and start by topping a bunch of balls. He'll ask the people what he's doing wrong. He says almost every one of them will yell at him to keep his head down. He then showed us how he would have his head completely up and looking at us and would flush every shot.

His point was it is far more important to get in an athletic stance and visualize keeping the back of his belt level, like someone was standing behind him keeping his belt level to the ground. He said that trying to keep your head down is not a very beneficial thought.

He does say though, that keeping your head still is important, so you create a good axis to rotate around.
My son, who the head pro at our club took under his wing a few years back, makes his rookie friends who he is giving tips to wear a ball cap. He then grabs the brim and they take their shot. Really helps with balance and rotation.
I like to just keep looking at the ball and that helps me, personally, stay balanced and rotating around my spine. It may seem like the keeping your "head down" advice but it's not the same in my mind if that makes sense.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:40 PM   #5359
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I'm big on looking at the ball the entire time until contact as well. I use to be bad for taking extra peaks and looks at my target spot, and it was a monumental breakthrough when I forced myself to never look at where I'm shooting again once I go into my ready stance.

Felt so weird at first as it's human nature to take that one more look at what part of the green you want to hit. But ultimately most of us aren't that good at target shooting to parts of the green anyways. So pick your club, know your distance, line up and then don't look at your target again until the ball's in flight.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2022, 09:56 AM   #5360
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ Very much the same for me.

I try to watch the ball leave the clubface. When I do that I make really nice contact. When I don't remember seeing the ball leave the clubface, I make really poor contact.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow