Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #501
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
It'd be fun to have "re-do" vote at the end once everyone got to watch the entire thing, including everyone's DR clips. I'd have a hard time believing that Josh still wins if everyone saw the "open book" that the public saw.
They felt slighted by Paul. If they got to watch it all and actually see him talk behind their backs even more you think they would change their votes?

It's easy for us here but when you are the brunt of the attacks I doubt its easy to change your opinion.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #502
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
How can you give him any credit when you believe Paul manipulated him all season? Paul did of course and he manipulated everyone which is the genius of his game. I don't believe Paul is a bad guy. Paul is simply a guy that wanted to win badly. Some of you are making it out to sound like Paul is the only winner that ever lied or backstabbed anyone. As was said in the jury arguments that's Big Brother.

I'm fairly sure some of the jury voters that voted Josh probably felt silly after they showed the clip of all of them being conned by Paul. That video was pretty well all the evidence you need to know who played the best game. There are two ways you can vote; 1) within the spirit of the game which is for the best player that outsmarted everyone else 2) be spiteful and try to ensure the best player doesn't win. There is no rule against option 2) however IMO that cheapens the game.

It's not like I'm even a Paul fans as I was hoping Josh would have picked Christmas if only because it was getting depressing seeing how easily Paul duped everyone (just after the final competition when Josh won you could see Paul on the left point at him and give him the indication to take him) and it would have been nice to see the look on his face being sent to the jury for the first time. I also feel that was the big move that would have made Josh more palpable as a winner (first player in two years to evict Paul) as it sounded like the jury wasn't going to give Christmas many votes as they feel her injury helped her get to the end. The fact that he still let Paul suck him into that argument where the jury all loved Christmas (they clearly didn't) was just more icing on the cake of how he didn't deserve to win over Paul head to head.

We will never see a player participate in two seasons to never once get evicted as it's quite a feat and a shame that he wasn't rewarded at least once for being the best player in the game.
Where did I say I gave him any credit? I said it was obvious 4 weeks ago Josh was going to win, and Paul is actually an idiot for the way he ended the game.

Then you say Josh should have taken Christman? HE WON! He obviously made the right decision!

I think you may have a man crush on Paul and it's clouding your judgement! Just like the house guests!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #503
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Where did I say I gave him any credit? I said it was obvious 4 weeks ago Josh was going to win, and Paul is actually an idiot for the way he ended the game.

Then you say Josh should have taken Christman? HE WON! He obviously made the right decision!

I think you may have a man crush on Paul and it's clouding your judgement! Just like the house guests!
I agree he made teh right decision. I think Christmas beats him if he took her.

The other houseguests didn't like Josh at all so would have voted for her.

Christmas though... what a terrible player. Her stupid inside joke question with the jury was so stupid...
Old 09-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #504
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

EE's "not a Paul fan" in the same way he's "not an Xbox fan" from the looks of it.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #505
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
They felt slighted by Paul. If they got to watch it all and actually see him talk behind their backs even more you think they would change their votes?

It's easy for us here but when you are the brunt of the attacks I doubt its easy to change your opinion.
Exactly. This is why they have a jury in the first place as in Big Brother 3, Danielle spoke poorly of all the houseguests and ended up having everyone vote against her except the third-place finisher (who never saw the show/feeds).
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #506
Guest1

No Megan on the final show. would have been cool if she showed up and told them to their faces what a-holes they were to her.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #507
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
EE's "not a Paul fan" in the same way he's "not an Xbox fan" from the looks of it.
LOL what the hell is wrong with you man?

The funny thing is that I've posted in this thread since the beginning and if you follow my posts you would know I am not a Paul fan. I simply have the ability to separate my like/dislike for an individual and give credit when deserved.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #508
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

No one is denying that he manipulated the house and pretty much controlled everything though. We all agree he did. He got that credit he deserved for that.

However, as everyone knows and no one better than Paul, to win the game you need to get to the end and receive 5 votes. He didn't do latter. He burnt bridges, pissed people off, lied to their faces. When you betray everyone who walks out that door, never own up to it, and make things personal in the game, why would they turn around and vote for you?

The one guy that Paul didn't betray, he purposely attacked to try and "crack-him" by attacking his military service. Paul set out a plan to have Cody punch someone (Josh, I believe) to have him get expelled, and they wanted to do that by bringing up his service. Either call him or a liar or bring up the combatants that Cody killed during his service. Yeah, have fun getting a vet's vote when you're trying to ignite some sort of PTSD.

Jury management is part of the game, Paul's was terrible. If a hockey team has the best forward group but no defense or goalie, they don't deserve to win just because they were the best at one aspect if they are losing every game 8-10.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #509
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
No one is denying that he manipulated the house and pretty much controlled everything though. We all agree he did. He got that credit he deserved for that.

However, as everyone knows and no one better than Paul, to win the game you need to get to the end and receive 5 votes. He didn't do latter. He burnt bridges, pissed people off, lied to their faces. When you betray everyone who walks out that door, never own up to it, and make things personal in the game, why would they turn around and vote for you?

The one guy that Paul didn't betray, he purposely attacked to try and "crack-him" by attacking his military service. Paul set out a plan to have Cody punch someone (Josh, I believe) to have him get expelled, and they wanted to do that by bringing up his service. Either call him or a liar or bring up the combatants that Cody killed during his service. Yeah, have fun getting a vet's vote when you're trying to ignite some sort of PTSD.

Jury management is part of the game, Paul's was terrible. If a hockey team has the best forward group but no defense or goalie, they don't deserve to win just because they were the best at one aspect if they are losing every game 8-10.
Did he really try to do that? That is awful. I hope someone in the media asks him about that and if he regrets it. That is horrible.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #510
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Did he really try to do that? That is awful. I hope someone in the media asks him about that and if he regrets it. That is horrible.
He has already claimed he didn't say those things or mean them in the way they were captured. Or that since Cody had stretched the truth on his age that he couldn't possibly believe what he said about his Military service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #511
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.globaltv.com/bigbrother/...-vicious-plot/
Quote:
Talking to Josh, Raven and Matt Clines, Paul suggested getting Cody, a former marine, to crack and goad him into being aggressive.

“Jason wants to question his (Cody’s) military background. Why is he taping those dog tags, if he is so proud?” said Paul to Matt. At first, Matt suggested that they need to go all out with that tactic.

Christmas Abbott entered the HOH room saying her plan to rile up Cody by using Josh failed.

“We have to put him (Cody) in such an uncomfortable spot that he leaves or he gets aggressive and he gets kicked out of this house by default,” said Paul.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #512
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOL what the hell is wrong with you man?

The funny thing is that I've posted in this thread since the beginning and if you follow my posts you would know I am not a Paul fan. I simply have the ability to separate my like/dislike for an individual and give credit when deserved.
Look at it this way:

In 2011, the Vancouver Canucks were, statistically, the best team in hockey. They had the most points, scored the most goals, and had an overall tremendous season. Yet many people hated them and did not want them to win. And it was more than a mere regional/division rivalry. Why, as fans of hockey, would they actively hate a team that was so good at it? People hated the way they played the game and their smug/arrogant players.

Paul is the 2011 Canucks of Big Brother.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #513
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

So with Jessica and Cody together as a couple outside the house does that mean she will be quitting her job as a "VIP concierge"?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #514
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
So with Jessica and Cody together as a couple outside the house does that mean she will be quitting her job as a "VIP concierge"?
Some of the BB relationships have withstood the test of time and I'm interested to see how these two get along in the real world.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #515
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
No Megan on the final show. would have been cool if she showed up and told them to their faces what a-holes they were to her.
She's doing an AMA on the BigBrother subreddit next Friday.

Really funny to see guys like Dr. Will and Rob Cesternino completely troll Raven in their backyard interviews.

Cody's first tweet since leaving the house: "Hi." ha.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:25 AM   #516
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Some of the BB relationships have withstood the test of time and I'm interested to see how these two get along in the real world.

Nicole and Vincent are a couple and from what I see on instagram it seems pretty serious.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #517
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Nicole and Vincent are a couple and from what I see on instagram it seems pretty serious.
You mean Corey?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:00 AM   #518
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You mean Corey?
No she is dating Victor now. Paul's ride or die and the girl who beat him haha.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #519
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeff and Jordan are still together, married with a kid.

Rachel and Brendon are still together.

Daniele Donato(Evel Dick's daughter) married Dominic after they met on Season 13. They weren't a showmance in the house though.

Trying to think of others that have lasted. I'm sure I'm missing one.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #520
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
No she is dating Victor now. Paul's ride or die and the girl who beat him haha.
Wow. Didn't see that one coming.