Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2022, 12:27 PM   #21
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Posted this in the other thread but makes sense in my mind

If the Flames move the entire cap hit they will have over 7.5M in space so Kadri could happen?

To Arizona: Valimaki, Folgino
To Boston: Lucic (50% retained by Arizona)
To Calgary: 5th round pick (Boston)

Sign Kadri to a 4x7.5M deal

Yotes get to test drive Valimaki for free and likely can turn Folgino into a mid round pick at the deadline for eating 400k in salary and 2.625M in cap space (in addition to the space they take on). Boston sheds a bit of cap in this deal and keeps the 2011 rebuild alive. Flames open up space to sign the top free agent left on the market
Why would we trade Valimaki to simply get a 5th round pick back?

Lucic doesn’t have negative value, you just have to trade him to the right team - ie one that isn’t worried about the cap hit.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:29 PM   #22
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Why would we trade Valimaki to simply get a 5th round pick back?

Lucic doesn’t have negative value, you just have to trade him to the right team - ie one that isn’t worried about the cap hit.
So they have the money to sign Kadri. Rumors Valimaki wants out so could add some fuel to the fire. Lucic has a limited NTC so we can’t dump him wherever. For all we know his trade list is all capped out teams
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:30 PM   #23
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hall had 20 goals and 61 points last season. Why would they trade him to us for Lucic? Nostalgia?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:31 PM   #24
GS Skier
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

FWIW no interest in Kadri at all. The guy has a gigantic chip on his shoulder about his heritage. In this day and age no one needs that. There's room for everyone and Kadri is not "special" (GAG word) he's just a decent skilled #2 center. We have colored and first nations players throughout the league thrilled to play without bringing that baggage.
GS Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:33 PM   #25
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Skier View Post
FWIW no interest in Kadri at all. The guy has a gigantic chip on his shoulder about his heritage. In this day and age no one needs that. There's room for everyone and Kadri is not "special" (GAG word) he's just a decent skilled #2 center. We have colored and first nations players throughout the league thrilled to play without bringing that baggage.
There are plenty of reasons to not want Kadri on our team, but his ethnic pride is not, and should not be one of them.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to bdubbs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:33 PM   #26
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Well this is an absolutely horrible take...
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to Tbull8 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:35 PM   #27
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Aaand thread derailed.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:36 PM   #28
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
wtf, this is trash.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #29
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Hall had 20 goals and 61 points last season. Why would they trade him to us for Lucic? Nostalgia?
Would need a sweetener for that to work. Like another poster said, something like Zary or Ruzicka and a pick?

Treliving traded down twice in that 2020 draft because he knew he'd be picking from a group of players in the same tier. I'd guess Zary is probably more expendable to him than a Coronato or Pelletier.

It is too bad Zary didn't get going until the second half of last season. It'd be nice to dangle him without having to add more.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #30
Remember1989
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
With that attitude I think you have a future in entering essay contests.
Remember1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #31
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Weird stance to take in a thread about a Lucic trade, but ok
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #32
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

My only input to Looch potentially moving on is, "noooooooooooo"
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:40 PM   #33
Backlund22
Draft Pick

Quote:
Why shouldn’t people be proud of where they come from and their respective cultures? It’s cool to see and the diversity creates role models for younger generations to say hey if they can do it maybe so can I. If someone has a chip on their shoulder about being Canadian or American or something they can relate to, people don’t bat an eye, but I find it interesting they bat an eye when it’s outside that. Short sighted take, no need to bring that in as a discussion point, it’s irrelevant.
Backlund22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backlund22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:41 PM   #34
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
As a proud Arab Canadian, I must say, this is garbage. Would love for Kadri to sign with the Flames and have the dome filled with Lebanese flags just to piss the likes of you off.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:42 PM   #35
Knut

Exp:

There have been some truly deplorable takes on this board recently. Holy Crap. Do people feel that they can now say anything they want in today's climate? or have the rest of us all evolved past the garbage ?
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:43 PM   #36
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Not really sure what you mean by this... Care to clarify or provide an example?
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:44 PM   #37
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d be happy to see Looch go back to Boston. I’ve loved him as a Flame, and it’d be a shame to see him shipped off to somewhere like Arizona or Anaheim.

He’d go back to Boston and the crowd would welcome him the way the Flames fans did (even more so I imagine). It’d be a good story.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:47 PM   #38
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
There have been some truly deplorable takes on this board recently. Holy Crap. Do people feel that they can now say anything they want in today's climate? or have the rest of us all evolved past the garbage ?
On a side note. I had to stop using Microsoft Edge recently and go back to Chrome. For some reason the news feed is full of extreme right trolls spouting off racist and bigoted rhetoric in every single article. Just bizarre today's political climate. I'm a moderate / centrist so I find it really irritating that ever since Trump made it main stream these types haven't gone back to their caves yet.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:48 PM   #39
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I certainly try to follow the norms myself!

But yeah Flames specific should always have an individual topic or at least a bump of the player's on going topic in my mind.
If I remember correctly you had a line on a potential Lucic trade rumour earlier this summer. Are you able to share if this rumour is related?
HitterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:48 PM   #40
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking at Twitter I am seeing Boston fans get really excited about the thought of getting Lucic back. Seems like they would love it
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote