Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2020, 08:05 PM   #1761
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

This “match” is a trip
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:10 PM   #1762
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Somehow Titus made that match/segment even better
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:16 PM   #1763
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I really liked it and regretted that I didn't drop acid before I watched it. That was one of the most creative things that I've ever seen.

I expect this is the last we see of John in the WWE for a long long time.

But it gives a major bump to Bray

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #1764
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I really liked it and regretted that I didn't drop acid before I watched it.
About 5 minutes ago I just posted on Facebook if I could imagine watching wrestling while on acid it would be the Firefly Funhouse match.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #1765
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well that title match is what I expected, Nobody sells like Brock if he likes you and he sold the hell out of those Claymores. It'll be interesting to see how patient they are with Drew as the top of the company.

Not a bad wrestlemania for the circumstances, it was weird to see two over the top gimmick matches.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #1766
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1246978080314286083

Old 04-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #1767
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So a few closing thoughts.

Night 2 wasn't nearly as strong as night one. In fact one of the better matches was the undercard match between Nattie and Liv Morgan which was a really solid match with good chemistry.

Charlotte vs Rhea - Not a huge fan of putting the NXT belt on Charlotte. To be honest between Rhea and Baszler losing against main roster opponents it weakens the NXT woman's brand. Plus I don't want to see Charlotte in NXT. You could see a bit of inexperience on Rhea's part in terms of selling her knee injury. She would pull off moves with ease and then limp afterwards. When she was lifting Charlotte she should have buckled her knee to really sell it. Charlotte for the most part is really robotic. She's technically proficient but there's nothing in what she does that has any fire.

Bobby Lashley vs Aleister Black - Lana makes her return, but Lashley is just such a personality black hole, and this loss drives him further down the card. I wouldn't be surprised if Lashley wasn't a casualty of post wrestlemania releases that are sure to come. Good win for Black. Lashley looks like a main event guy, but he lacks on the presentation side of the business.

Otis vs Zigglar - I enjoyed this match just due to the chaos of the ball shots. Look this match is to set up intergender matches and promote the Sonya Mandy feud to come, and Sonya needs a push, she's very good. I think Zigglar is a spectacular in ring performer and the best seller in the business. But his career really hasn't panned out, again maybe its time for Dolph to wrap up his career, i hear he's very successful as a stand up comedian.

Edge vs Orton - From a technical stand point there was a lot to like. The commentary team killed this match as they sounded bored, maybe because they're so used to working with crowd noises. Frankly I hate the last man standing match because of the 10 count. The best part is that Orton and Edge fought like they hated each other, which is something that younger wrestlers don't do so well.

Theory and Garza vs The Street Profits - This was a very bleah match, even with Belair jumping in at the end. But there was nothing that shouted wrestlemania in this match.

Banks vs Tamina vs Evan's vs Bayley - Not a great match, Pretty low energy match. Bayley just isn't great as a heel and Lacey has a ton of potential but she's just so fricken green. The spot where Banks took the Woman's right was great though. When there were 4 participants this match was awful but improved when it got to the one on one, and like I said Lacey had a lot of energy in the end and she does some things well, but she could have used another year in NXT. Time to shuffle the Smackdown and Raw woman's rosters. I get why Tamina has a contract (Legacy) but she's awful.

Cena vs Wyatt - I give WWE credit for trying something new, and it was a mind trip, however after I sat down and thought about it, this was wasted opportunity. Cena can pull a good match with anyone, but there was no wrestling, and Bray would have been served by a win where he beats Cena wrestling. I give credit for trying something different. But I don't know if this helps the Fiend character. I'm sure Cornette will be railing against this match on his pod cast.

Lesnar vs Drew - Not surprised and am surprised that Lesnar lost, but this was about the match I expected. Brock is still a beast, but his matches are all back suplexs and F5's I remember when he was younger he had a monstrous playbook. I have this feeling that this is the end of Lesnar in WWE, there's no reason to really bring him back, but Vince has to be terrified that Lesnar shows up on AEW at some point, so maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, another Wrestlemania season gone, it was good but not a great wrestlemaina, though I did like the two night split, because it wasn't 6 hours in front of the TV.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 09:19 PM   #1768
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe Lesnar can be AEW's Hogan?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #1769
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved everything about Cena/Wyatt. That said, I'm also a man who enjoys the occasional acid trip.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #1770
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
I prefer WWE personally, but I want AEW, NJPW and other organizations to have as much success as possible.
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not going to #### on people who like WWE more. I can see why people like it. It super polished and exceptionally produced. For me it lacks the rawness and spontaneity that AEW and especially NJPW have.

That said, ultimately we win as fans when we have more options to choose from so I want every promotion to succeed. I think WWE's decision to air NXT on Wednesday nights is cutting off its nose to spite its face. Both NXT and AEW could likely pull 1M+ viewers if they aired on separate nights, which would be great for both sides.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:30 AM   #1771
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know anything about this match you guys are freaking out about, or even what promotion it's on, but I need to see it.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:46 AM   #1772
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Make sure to take some acid first.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:48 AM   #1773
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I don't know anything about this match you guys are freaking out about, or even what promotion it's on, but I need to see it.
Well Nik, there are two matches we are discussing, both of the WWE variety. The first would be the "Boneyard Match" between AJ Styles and The Undertaker, which fell into the category of "This is so ####ing dumb and I love it". The second is the John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt match, which fell into the category of "Did someone spike my gin with highly concentrated LSD?" category.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:49 AM   #1774
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
That's generally my advice for everything.

"Alright, we're off to our daughter's ballet recital!"

"Make sure you take some acid first!"
Old 04-06-2020, 12:54 AM   #1775
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Oh I used all my acid in the first week of quarantine.
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 01:04 AM   #1776
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh I used all my acid in the first week of quarantine.
You can order mushrooms online now apparently.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:12 AM   #1777
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
You can order mushrooms online now apparently.
I have seen this. I'm not sure 4 weeks into isolation with job uncertainty is a great time for psychedelic introspection.

That's likely a freak out waiting to happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 02:57 AM   #1778
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have seen this. I'm not sure 4 weeks into isolation with job uncertainty is a great time for psychedelic introspection.

That's likely a freak out waiting to happen.
Existential crises are all the rage these days, brah.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:42 AM   #1779
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not going to #### on people who like WWE more. I can see why people like it. It super polished and exceptionally produced. For me it lacks the rawness and spontaneity that AEW and especially NJPW have.

That said, ultimately we win as fans when we have more options to choose from so I want every promotion to succeed. I think WWE's decision to air NXT on Wednesday nights is cutting off its nose to spite its face. Both NXT and AEW could likely pull 1M+ viewers if they aired on separate nights, which would be great for both sides.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy AEW and I watch it weekly, and I agree that the more options we have the better, especially right now when wrestling is the only "sport" we are getting.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:12 AM   #1780
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy AEW and I watch it weekly, and I agree that the more options we have the better, especially right now when wrestling is the only "sport" we are getting.
Exactly. I actually give WWE props for putting on a pretty decent show all things considered. In my ideal world MLW also gets a major TV deal and we have wrestling 4 nights/week.

Triple H and Cody both seem to get that it's not a competition. It's just old man Vince who insists on it being this way.