Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-01-2020, 08:02 PM   #201
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well after a very short playthrough, love the graphics, storyline seems solid so far. The controls arent overly intuitive but that's a user issue. Really enjoying it so far.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 AM   #202
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Further update on Witcher 3, made it to the 2nd quest zone and did a few side quests + 1 main quest. I've learned a few things so far:

1) when doing main quests load up on WAY more food/healing items than you think you'll need. I almost got trapped in a quest with no food and a boss to fight.

2) dodge/parry/quen is a great way of preserving health if you run low on food.

3) pay attention to the level of enemies in an area, you may see some level 5-6 guys and a little ways up the road they could be level 10.

Still a fantastic choice
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:56 AM   #203
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm going to start this game too soon. Question for the group, is this game more suited for a (Xbox) controller or mouse/keyboard combo?
Old 03-31-2020, 09:36 AM   #204
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LChoy View Post
I'm going to start this game too soon. Question for the group, is this game more suited for a (Xbox) controller or mouse/keyboard combo?
That's a good question. I played on Xbox and not sure how the combat would adapt to mouse/keyboard.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 07:02 PM   #205
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I started playing with mouse/keyboard and felt the combat to be clunky. It's still not perfect with a controller but I found it to be better.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 10:13 PM   #206
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I played on PC with a controller and loved the game, but I always prefer controller
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:15 PM   #207
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
About 3/4 done with this Witcher 3 business. Outside of being the most glitchiest bug crashingest make sure you save often this quest is brokenest game I’ve ever played it’s pretty good. Fun.
Sorry, reply to an old comment. That's weird you've had a lot of issues, I don't think I had a single glitch/crash in 2 full playthoughs on PC
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #208
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was up until almost 3am playing Witcher 3 last night. After 20 in game hours I'm finally getting the hang of it.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #209
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just started it too.
I am finding it a little too involved for my liking TBH. I generally don't like games where you have to collect too many items, play card games, talk to every random villager etc.
I think I lack the patience for this sort of gaming.

I'll keep going with it for now but I usually prefer games that are more directly to the main missions and I don't have to do a bunch of meaningless extra side stuff.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:07 AM   #210
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I just started it too.
I am finding it a little too involved for my liking TBH. I generally don't like games where you have to collect too many items, play card games, talk to every random villager etc.

I'll keep going with it for now but I usually prefer games that are more directly to the main missions and I don't have to do a bunch of meaningless extra side stuff.
That's exactly how I felt about it before I was locked in the house 24/7 with very little to do.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:21 AM   #211
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I just started it too.

You can mostly focus on the stuff that feels interesting. The card games for example have zero to do with anything else, and the rewards are mostly just more cards. Flowers can be bought, etc.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:45 PM   #212
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Update: Definitely more natural with a controller. Still really early into the game to provide any detailed comments, other than it's a harder version of Skyrim
Old 04-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #213
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Sorry, reply to an old comment. That's weird you've had a lot of issues, I don't think I had a single glitch/crash in 2 full playthoughs on PC
Maybe my issue was PS4. I had weird glitches a lot, NPCs not spawning or getting stuck in doorways eternally, that kind of thing. Same with my character more than once I managed to jump myself into an area I couldn’t escape from without a quit and reload. The inventory screen is painfully slow and made an alchemy build nigh impossible to tolerate playing. It was good though, finished it all up. No lore quests left anywhere, finished both expansion packs. Wish the grandmaster armour became an option earlier and that there was an option to get rid of the damn feline hood but that’s not so terrible. Certainly worth the time I put into it.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #214
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK so I got all the single player trophies in The Last of Us. Very good game, but I'm a little disappointed after the hype in this thread. Uncharted 4 was way better for a similar style game.

Anyway...

I beat all the modes and collectibles etc, so now I only have the multiplayer trophies left. I was under the impression this was a single player game. I am not a PS+ subscriber because I refuse to pay a monthly fee for the "privilege" of online gaming when I can do it for free on my PC.

Nevertheless, I can't stand having uncompleted games when I'm so close to a platinum trophy.

Is anyone still playing this game online? Is it possible to get the trophies if pay for PS+ for one month?

It's not about the money. Its the idea of paying to play that pisses me off.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #215
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to disagree with that as IMO The Last of Us was a far superior game. Uncharted 4 was like that empty blockbuster action movie. It straddled the line of a good (not great) action game and a frustrating climbing simulator. It's a game I would never consider playing again while I played the original and remastered version of TLOU.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #216
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I started playing with mouse/keyboard and felt the combat to be clunky. It's still not perfect with a controller but I found it to be better.
This is what I worry about. Because of a spinal cord injury I have some limitations to my hand function. I can use a mouse and keyboard well enough that games like the Mass Effect series, where the camera and character orientation were linked to the mouse, could be played perfectly fine. However,I can't use a controller and as games have started to be more tailored to consoles, and they've unlinked the camera and player orientation, I've really struggled. I believe The Witcher 3 is a game where the camera and the player orientation are controlled separately, so as much as I'd love to play it, I may not be able to.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote