Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #41
shniper
Backup Goalie

Exp:

What a game. Best one I've ever been to. Started driving 7hrs in the morning without even having tickets and kept refreshing the laptop waiting for more tickets to be released and eventually got 2 side by side seats for 90/each. What a time. I'll never forget it.
shniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shniper For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2020, 10:35 PM   #42
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Is there a way to still watch this game? I've noticed AC's link doesnt work. I was in middle of switching cable providers and sidnt have sportsnet when they rebroadcasted it. Was at the game would sure love to re live it.
Here, I reuploaded them:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dA...SX_I5iysXHacG4
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q2...obfl_-47GNKQRO
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xG...mdvrvXO4RNLrHe
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2020, 05:40 AM   #43
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Canucks were 2nd in the division that year...they weren't a bad team
The divison placing is misleading. The Canucks were 4th in the western conf. and the Flames were 8th, just 4 points back of the Canucks.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #44
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yikes in watching that game again I realized how bad the Canucks were but you could see the trajectory of each team, with the Canucks looking older and slower. Five years after there are only a handful of Canucks from that team still in the league: Horvat, Tanev, Bonino, Elder, and Richardson... with no call ups of any significance.

Contrast that to the Flames team where Gaudreau, Monahan, Giordano, Brodie, Backlund, Russell, Byron, Engelland, Ferland, and Bennett are still in the league, with many of them playing in significant roles.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:16 AM   #45
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Yikes in watching that game again I realized how bad the Canucks were but you could see the trajectory of each team, with the Canucks looking older and slower. Five years after there are only a handful of Canucks from that team still in the league: Horvat, Tanev, Bonino, Elder, and Richardson... with no call ups of any significance.

Contrast that to the Flames team where Gaudreau, Monahan, Giordano, Brodie, Backlund, Russell, Byron, Engelland, Ferland, and Bennett are still in the league, with many of them playing in significant roles.
That’s an interesting way to look at it. After five years every team is going to have a lot of turnover, but in terms of players still in the league (but perhaps with other teams), it helps to illustrate how teams were trending.

EDIT: I would add Ryan Miller to the Canucks list, although he is on the cusp of retirement as well...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote