Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #1121
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stellaris is free on steam all weekend and 75% off. Fun game if you haven't tried it, and if you do have it but haven't played since release I recommend giving it another go, it's had a lot of updates and tweaks
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #1122
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

A new expansion for 2006's Titan Quest??

Old 05-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #1123
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Don't care how much it costs, I'm getting whatever absurdly overpriced collector's edition they release.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #1124
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was excited for the new PS4 Predator game announced today until it was revealed it's a multiplayer game.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #1125
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I was excited for the new PS4 Predator game announced today until it was revealed it's a multiplayer game.
Probably turn out just like that Friday the 13th game. Looks neat until you realize everyone just plays it like it's call of duty.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #1126
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Probably turn out just like that Friday the 13th game. Looks neat until you realize everyone just plays it like it's call of duty.
It's the same developers so it probably will be. I was glad when they decided to add a single player mode to it and ended up buying it when it went on sale for under $20 but it got old pretty quick. Then the lawsuit over who owns the rights to the franchise happened and they had to stop making new content.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #1127
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post

Don't care how much it costs, I'm getting whatever absurdly overpriced collector's edition they release.
It still looks like FFVII skin over FFXV engine and systems... which doesn’t sound like something I really want to play?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #1128
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Combat looks closer to Kingdom Hearts, tbh.

But yeah, I know. The amount of whinging from people who ignore the fact that the FF series has always changed and modernized and are angry this game won't retain design choices from a quarter century ago is pretty hilarious.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #1129
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Stellaris is free on steam all weekend and 75% off. Fun game if you haven't tried it, and if you do have it but haven't played since release I recommend giving it another go, it's had a lot of updates and tweaks
Very flawed, very fun game.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #1130
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
It still looks like FFVII skin over FFXV engine and systems... which doesn’t sound like something I really want to play?
Ohhhh it sounds like something I'll play. Cheesy or not. Hook that nostalgia right into my veins.

I hope this features... it'd be cool if they properly did the Shinra Mansion secret and had a solid FMV or something that properly goes through who Zack was.

Anyway, yeah, I'm buying that day 1 and finishing it in a weekend, probably.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #1131
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The new Ghost Recon looks like it could be an improvment over the last one. The trailer looks terrible but actual gameplay footage is okay
Old 05-11-2019, 01:50 PM   #1132
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Monster Hunter expansion looks great too, though they certainly took their time getting to it. I will need to start playing again and re-learn the controls...
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #1133
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The new Ghost Recon looks like it could be an improvment over the last one. The trailer looks terrible but actual gameplay footage is okay
I know it didn't do very well critically or commercially but I really enjoyed Wildlands
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #1134
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I know it didn't do very well critically or commercially but I really enjoyed Wildlands
I enjoyed and loved the idea of it but found it too repetitive, only put 60 hours into it and was maybe halfway done. That's pretty good for me though I usually get tired of games after 20

Last edited by btimbit; 05-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #1135
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Finally got into AC Odyssey after barely getting past the first quest back when I bought it.

A lot of the gameplay is similar and enjoyable. As usual the world is huge and there’s a million missions and places to see. It’s a beautiful world, combat is varied, the auto enemy levelling keeps it interesting for every mission. I’m good with all the details they’ve added to the inventory system and mercenaries. I also don’t mind the decision making system, although I cheated and looked up the path to the best ending for the key choices. I like that I can be a lady hero or a guy. The options to hit on the women I save seems a bit unnecessary. I don’t think we need a romance angle to the story. Otherwise the story seems a little more, I don’t know, coherent? than Origins.

I do have some complaints though. Still not a huge fan of the naval battles. The menu map is awkward with the zooming being set to three levels. Odd complaint but I like it better when I can choose the zoom level. Also not a fan of the new specialized abilities. How am I supposed to remember all 8 abilities I’ve assigned? I liked it better when each weapon had unique features. Forced you to use different weapons for different situations based on their strengths.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:14 PM   #1136
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got into AC Oddysey recently too and enjoyed it way more than the first time I tried it. But same problem as most Ubisoft's open world games I get 30% of the way through and start to feel like I've already seen and done everything there is and the rest is just doing it again somewhere else. Same as Wildlands above. Which I guess is like a lot of games, and at least the setting is great, but the grinding between story missions bored me fast
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #1137
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I enjoyed and loved the idea of it but found it too repetitive, only put 60 hours into it and was maybe halfway done. That's pretty good for me though I usually get tired of games after 20
To be fair - I stopped playing after about 20 hours for about three months or so and then revisited it. Steamrolled it through to the ending - was very satisfying.

Also - I really enjoyed the multiplayer deathmatch they added later. Problem was not enough population to make the queue times less than five minutes.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #1138
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first did do a lot of things I loved. The setting, graphics, customization and open world nature was very enjoyable. Things I hope they improve are the AI, gunplay (especially introduce longer range sniping) and more focused story elements.

At the end of the day I'm glad they're taking another crack at it, even the disappointing parts of the first still showed a lot of potential.

I enjoy that they seemed to slow down the gameplay, made it less run n' gun. Disappointed to hear you won't have AI teammates though, it's either coop or alone, which I suppose could still be neat though. Like MGS5 without with wacky Kojima stuff

Last edited by btimbit; 05-13-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 PM   #1139
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

This looks cool, something different, I think it's supposed to be a stealth game and I like those.

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #1140
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mark your calendars: WoW Classic goes live worldwide August 27! Whether your battle cry is “For the Horde!” or “For the Alliance!”, there’s no shortage of adventure awaiting you in the vast continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

Classic WoW Testing Schedule

Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test. Players will also get a chance to help put our servers and technology through their paces in a series of stress tests running from May through July—you can opt in now through Account Management and select the WoW Classic beta. Subsequent stress tests will extend the opportunity to even more players. Level caps will also be in place to ensure we’re emphasizing the “stress” in “stress test”

—we want to push our tech to the limit, and that means a critical mass of players in close proximity.

Stress Test Schedule*

Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
Stress Test 3: Thurs Jul 18– Fri July 19
*Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Create Your Character

If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13.** Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-Beta-May-15th
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote