Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2023, 08:52 AM   #441
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Yeah, you're right, Queer youth aren't killing themselves in record numbers. They have all the power in this society. There also isn't any anti Trans legislation sweeping the US or Great Britan. You're right. I'm really the ####### here. / eye roll
Have some respect. Cannon’s made up trans kid is doing just fine so that means it’s ok for the bible to view queer folks as invalid sinners.

It’s a shame he couldn’t react quickly enough and make up a Muslim kid, but I think racism and homophobia are more his speed. Religion is a big no-no when it comes to what he thinks we’re allowed to critique.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:58 AM   #442
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You threw a fit when we criticized Reimer’s beliefs, so I assume he rules over you?

Kind of sad. He’s not even that good of a goalie.
So you and other CPers criticizing Reimer, which you're clearly allowed to do, means he rules over me? Okay.

Do you think with that brain or is it just for show? Your powers of convolution know no bounds.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:05 AM   #443
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
So you and other CPers criticizing Reimer, which you're clearly allowed to do, means he rules over me? Okay.

Do you think with that brain or is it just for show? Your powers of convolution know no bounds.
Please tell me how Queer folks rule over modern society with the rise in transphobic legislation?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Old 03-20-2023, 09:05 AM   #444
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Have some respect. Cannon’s made up trans kid is doing just fine so that means it’s ok for the bible to view queer folks as invalid sinners.
I think we're all going to have to be OK with it to some degree (tolerance). Unless you're advocating rounding up Christians into concentration camps for extermination?

Quote:
It’s a shame he couldn’t react quickly enough and make up a Muslim kid, but I think racism and homophobia are more his speed. Religion is a big no-no when it comes to what he thinks we’re allowed to critique.
Hey, one of them could convert, you never know.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:08 AM   #445
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The point of the conversation is that Reimer should wear the jersey despite his personal beliefs. No one is saying James, we need you to demonstrate your gayness in front of 18,000 fans by kissing Logan Couture.

What they are saying is that James, we want the gay community to feel welcome at our organization. Wear this jersey showing that we welcome them.

If he refuses, then he is just an #######. It actually has nothing to do with religion right now. If he can be friends with a Muslim (Kadri) why can't he just show that he would welcome a gay person into his place of employment? As far as these types of Christians are concerned, both muslim and gay are antithetical to Christianity.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:11 AM   #446
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Please tell me how Queer folks rule over modern society with the rise in transphobic legislation?
I didn't say that.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:14 AM   #447
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think we're all going to have to be OK with it to some degree (tolerance). Unless you're advocating rounding up Christians into concentration camps for extermination?
I mean, turn about is fair play, no? Or are we conveniently forgetting both the crusades and the inquisition? No shortage of Christians killing non-believers in their history.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:21 AM   #448
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't say that.
When I talked about punching up you said this
Quote:
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
~ -Kevin Alfred Strom
So yeah. You did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2023, 09:21 AM   #449
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Well that's a leap and a half. Nobody's rounding up Christians and sending them to concentration camps. Being asked to wear a rainbow jersey and then attacked on the internet for your decision not to partake is not persecution.

Last edited by Torture; 03-20-2023 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:28 AM   #450
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
No one is saying James, we need you to demonstrate your gayness in front of 18,000 fans by kissing Logan Couture.
But you gotta admit that would be hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
What they are saying is that James, we want the gay community to feel welcome at our organization. Wear this jersey showing that we welcome them.

If he refuses, then he is just an #######. It actually has nothing to do with religion right now. If he can be friends with a Muslim (Kadri) why can't he just show that he would welcome a gay person into his place of employment? As far as these types of Christians are concerned, both muslim and gay are antithetical to Christianity.
Yeah, I get that. But my interpretation of Reimer's statements suggests that he sees a distinction between being welcoming and endorsing something. And he seems to believe that wearing the jersey is an endorsement of something that his faith finds to be immoral. I don't agree with him. But in a free society, you should be allowed to be wrong. And by "allowed" I mean tolerated. And by tolerated, I mean permitted to exist in a civil society.

It seems like what some really mean by "inclusivity" is really "exclusivity". If you don't prescribe to our rigid views then we will do what we can to harm or destroy you. The fact that you exist is a threat to our group. I've read multiple posts in this thread alone expressing that Reimer's inaction is a threat to the LGBT+ pride movement. I just don't see it. But I also don't think the movement is that easily threatened.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:34 AM   #451
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah, I get that. But my interpretation of Reimer's statements suggests that he sees a distinction between being welcoming and endorsing something. And he seems to believe that wearing the jersey is an endorsement of something that his faith finds to be immoral. I don't agree with him. But in a free society, you should be allowed to be wrong. And by "allowed" I mean tolerated. And by tolerated, I mean permitted to exist in a civil society.

It seems like what some really mean by "inclusivity" is really "exclusivity". If you don't prescribe to our rigid views then we will do what we can to harm or destroy you. The fact that you exist is a threat to our group. I've read multiple posts in this thread alone expressing that Reimer's inaction is a threat to the LGBT+ pride movement. I just don't see it. But I also don't think the movement is that easily threatened.
OK he's wrong. But aren't we tolerating it? He is still employed by his company. He hasn't been docked pay or suffered any consequences or threatened.

Us commenting on the internet say we believe he's wrong is not intolerant. We are letting him be wrong. We are just commenting on it.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:34 AM   #452
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
But you gotta admit that would be hot.

Well damn, I didn't realize that Reimer was no longer permitted to exist in civil society.

I'm sorry that the Sharks canceled his contract, the NHL banned him from hockey forever, and then Biden renounced his American citizenship, that does seem a little extreme.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:35 AM   #453
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

He is being tolerated and he is being permitted to exist. He wasn’t fired. He wasn’t put on waivers for unconditional termination of his contract. Some people online said they found his choice distasteful and bigoted. That’s it.

Maybe we have different ideas of what “permitted to exist” means but I’m like 100% positive he’s completely being permitted to exist.

What you seem to want is for his views to be accepted, not tolerated. We’re tolerating your dog and pony crap with this aren’t we? Doesn’t mean we have to accept it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2023, 09:35 AM   #454
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
Well that's a leap and a half. Nobody's rounding up Christians and sending them to concentration camps. Being asked to wear a rainbow jersey and then attacked on the internet for your decision not to partake is not persecution.
It's hyperbole for sure. But I've been actively attacked in this thread for advocating tolerance. Accused of being a racist bigoted homophobe numerous times. If there is anything to be drawn from this thread, it is that there is increasing intolerance for tolerance.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:35 AM   #455
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just don't see it. But I also don't think the movement is that easily threatened.
https://www.them.us/story/anti-trans...ation-march-17

Tell me how there isn't a direct line between "not endorsing" Queer rights logical end point isn't the above?
Old 03-20-2023, 09:36 AM   #456
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
He is being tolerated and he is being permitted to exist. He wasn’t fired. He wasn’t put on waivers for unconditional termination of his contract. Some people online said they found his choice distasteful and bigoted. That’s it.

Maybe we have different ideas of what “permitted to exist” means but I’m like 100% positive he’s completely being permitted to exist.

What you seem to want is for his views to be accepted, not tolerated. We’re tolerating your dog and pony crap with this aren’t we? Doesn’t mean we have to accept it
out of thanks so

THANKS!
Old 03-20-2023, 09:38 AM   #457
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
It's hyperbole for sure. But I've been actively attacked in this thread for advocating tolerance. Accused of being a racist bigoted homophobe numerous times. If there is anything to be drawn from this thread, it is that there is increasing intolerance for tolerance.
OK, so because you were "actively attacked" on an internet message board Christians are going to be rounded up and exterminated. Still a massive leap bud.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:39 AM   #458
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
OK, so because you were "actively attacked" on an internet message board Christians are going to be and rounded up and exterminated. Still a massive leap bud.
cannon sounds like my coworker in 2015 when Trudeau won, she was legitimately scared Chrsitianity would be outlawed.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:40 AM   #459
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Well damn, I didn't realize that Reimer was no longer permitted to exist in civil society.

I'm sorry that the Sharks canceled his contract, the NHL banned him from hockey forever, and then Biden renounced his American citizenship, that does seem a little extreme.
Give it time. Others have been "cancelled" for similar transgressions. Multiple posters in this thread have called for Reimer to be banned from hockey. Agree that it is a "bit extreme".
Old 03-20-2023, 09:41 AM   #460
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Give it time. Others have been "cancelled" for similar transgressions. Multiple posters in this thread have called for Reimer to be banned from hockey. Agree that it is a "bit extreme".
OK, I'll give it time. And when Reimer is banned from the NHL and has his American Citizenship revoked I will come to this thread and say "cannon7 was right", we need to stop persecution against the Christians.

You convinced me!
Closed Thread