Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2023, 02:57 PM   #1341
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

It does appear that "Expert Child Groomers" is a really bad name for a kid's hair salon.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2023, 09:33 AM   #1342
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
quite a few youth pastors in the USA have been busted recently for molesting kids. I can only imagine how many are getting away with it. Especially in the states.
Similarly, I've seen a steady trickle of news stories from the States for teachers being busted for the same. As I was saying in the other post, I honestly think it's purely a position of power situation than a specific religious one.

But I can also agree how the religious person is weirder/creepier due to the religion adding hypocrisy to the situation. Of many of posters complaints about religion, I think they too seemingly should agree that the religion should be something to help prevent these molestations in the first place, but be a platform to give them the opportunity in the first place.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:48 AM   #1343
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

WTF is with some people who go ridiculously overboard for taking advantage of the generosity of others. "Hey, I have some chocolates that are for everyone. You can have one. Hey, take an extra one if you like chocolate. I'll quickly grab something and I'll be back for our chat."

Come back 2 minutes later and they've literally consumed half the brand new box (that holds like 30-40 pieces) on their own.

You were offered 1-2, why did you literally take 10-20? You consumed that much in 2 minutes and you're sitting there with a defensive body language because you're expecting consternation for your actions or something? Holy ####ing diabetus man.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:15 AM   #1344
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

My five-year-old lost her first tooth yesterday. I feel like she was freaking born yesterday. Where has the time gone?

It literally got me a bit stressed out - first it's a tooth, then it's cellphones, boyfriends, breakups, crop tops, competitive sports, college and career choices.

I literally can't even.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:20 AM   #1345
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
My five-year-old lost her first tooth yesterday. I feel like she was freaking born yesterday. Where has the time gone?

It literally got me a bit stressed out - first it's a tooth, then it's cellphones, boyfriends, breakups, crop tops, competitive sports, college and career choices.

I literally can't even.
My kid is 7, turning 8 this year. Two days ago a boy from her class knocked on the door and gave her flowers that he picked. Totally not ready for this. Time to get a neck tattoo I think.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:24 AM   #1346
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I literally can't even.
My almost-8 year old has lost 4 teeth in like 4 weeks (including 2 in one day) -- he looks like an old man waiting for his dentures right now lol.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:08 AM   #1347
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
WTF is with some people who go ridiculously overboard for taking advantage of the generosity of others. "Hey, I have some chocolates that are for everyone. You can have one. Hey, take an extra one if you like chocolate. I'll quickly grab something and I'll be back for our chat."

Come back 2 minutes later and they've literally consumed half the brand new box (that holds like 30-40 pieces) on their own.

You were offered 1-2, why did you literally take 10-20? You consumed that much in 2 minutes and you're sitting there with a defensive body language because you're expecting consternation for your actions or something? Holy ####ing diabetus man.
At work we had a guy oddly turn into a low key pizza supervisor around the office two months ago when it was brought in. He was hovering and watching the pizza table frequently over the lunch hour and made multiple comments about not taking too much so there'd be enough for everyone...when we had over ordered.

Everything became clear when he literally grabbed a full, unopened box at the end and slinked out to his car to stash it there until home time.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2023, 11:49 AM   #1348
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
At work we had a guy oddly turn into a low key pizza supervisor around the office two months ago when it was brought in. He was hovering and watching the pizza table frequently over the lunch hour and made multiple comments about not taking too much so there'd be enough for everyone...when we had over ordered.

Everything became clear when he literally grabbed a full, unopened box at the end and slinked out to his car to stash it there until home time.
We have guys like that as well in our office that take extra slices and stash it in the fridge.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:52 AM   #1349
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe you have to pay your employees more so they're not resorting to stealing food.

I thought about getting a locking cabinet for the TP here at the office.

Not because its a problem, but solely because I think it would be funny.

Until the day its not...Taco Tuesday...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-30-2023, 12:23 PM   #1350
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I got a couple of African Dwarf frogs for an Acquarium I got for Chistmas. After a couple weeks I named the larger one Jabba because it appeared to be a thug who hogged all the food. The other smaller one was Clyde Frog from the get go. Now I need to hold an inquiry into the disappearance and suspected murder of Clyde Frog. I think Jabba just decided to kill him, hide the corpse and snack on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2023, 12:24 PM   #1351
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I literally can't even.
It gets worse (but better).

My oldest if half way through the same degree I took at university and my youngest is shopping Universities..........

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #1352
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I got a couple of African Dwarf frogs for an Acquarium I got for Chistmas. After a couple weeks I named the larger one Jabba because it appeared to be a thug who hogged all the food. The other smaller one was Clyde Frog from the get go. Now I need to hold an inquiry into the disappearance and suspected murder of Clyde Frog. I think Jabba just decided to kill him, hide the corpse and snack on it.
When I was a kid I kept three salamanders in a tank and the same thing happened. The skinny one just disappeared one day but the overfed one remained. I just can't imagine he ate the small one but to this day 35 years later I remain mystified.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2023, 08:19 PM   #1353
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Need opinions/advice.

Someone hit my truck at work (left note and contact info and seems to be above board). Dented the box side pretty damn good, well into and above the body line. Great, so go through insurance right?

Two tone paint job, and panel has existing rust. Insurance will for sure, without doubt, write off my mechanically sound, perfectly good 200k project truck because of this. Shows relatively well, usual 90s truck rust.

I have patch panels for the box sides, which is now useless because the extent of the damage, any sane body man would just do a box side.

Guy said he’s rather not so insurance but would if I wanted. Should I just explain to him the situation and split the diff on the cost of a box side panel?
Old 03-31-2023, 12:11 AM   #1354
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Maybe you have to pay your employees more so they're not resorting to stealing food.

I thought about getting a locking cabinet for the TP here at the office.

Not because its a problem, but solely because I think it would be funny.

Until the day its not...Taco Tuesday...
Isn't it just you in that office most days?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:37 AM   #1355
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
When I was a kid I kept three salamanders in a tank and the same thing happened. The skinny one just disappeared one day but the overfed one remained. I just can't imagine he ate the small one but to this day 35 years later I remain mystified.
I had a fish go missing from my condo one time. I think a bird flew in and took as I used to leave my balcony door open during summer.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 03:20 PM   #1356
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Isn't it just you in that office most days?
I also have a unique sense of humour.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2023, 03:50 PM   #1357
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was today-years-old when I realized there are two completely different forum members with the usernames DoubleF and DoubleK.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 03:51 PM   #1358
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
I was today-years-old when I realized there are two completely different forum members with the usernames DoubleF and DoubleK.
What the FF##KK?
Old 03-31-2023, 04:45 PM   #1359
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Need opinions/advice.

Someone hit my truck at work (left note and contact info and seems to be above board). Dented the box side pretty damn good, well into and above the body line. Great, so go through insurance right?

Two tone paint job, and panel has existing rust. Insurance will for sure, without doubt, write off my mechanically sound, perfectly good 200k project truck because of this. Shows relatively well, usual 90s truck rust.

I have patch panels for the box sides, which is now useless because the extent of the damage, any sane body man would just do a box side.

Guy said he’s rather not so insurance but would if I wanted. Should I just explain to him the situation and split the diff on the cost of a box side panel?
Get a quote for the box side and show it to him. Negotiate from there on percentage he will pay for.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geraldsh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 12:39 AM   #1360
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
There's also jar_e and rain_e.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote