Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2023, 06:48 PM   #101
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Of interesting note that I hadn't seen until this article - Dave apparently mentioned that they plan to play the US and Canada this summer. Really holding out hope that includes the full Canadian tour they had originally booked, but I could see this being a scaled back (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) tour.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:55 PM   #102
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I thought it might have been Josh Freese taking over.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:02 PM   #103
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like these guys are only filling in temporarily. Pearl Jam are currently on hiatus, so it makes sense for them to snag Matt Cameron for the summer, as they've known him for a long time.

Interesting that they're bringing along the dude from Against Me as well. I'm curious to see how both guys sound with the band.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:09 PM   #104
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
I thought it might have been Josh Freese taking over.
I've seen Josh Freese so many times in Calgary with literally every band you can think of. That guy is like THE go to fill in. Currently with The Offspring.

He is so ****ing good. I remember when he played with Weezer for a few years when their drummer wanted to play guitar. Just incredible.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2023, 08:21 PM   #105
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read a couple of weeks ago that Matt Cameron was a possibility. It was rumoured that Brad Wilk (Rage Against the Machine) had offered to hold them up as a touring drummer until they could recruit someone permanently, but was too dedicated to Rage to join Foo Fighters full time. Apparently he was a big fan of Hawkins and could already play all the songs. Rage recently had to cancel their tour, so he was available.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:26 AM   #106
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...w-drummer.html

Foo Fighters choosing to go with two drummers for now, it appears. I'm excited to see what Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden) can do, along with Atom Willard from Against Me and Angels and Airwaves.

I guess they spent a lot of time playing with a bunch of drummers to see best fit. This is a case where no one will live up to what Taylor brought to the band, but it's nice to see them move on and continue to play as a band.

Part of me thought they'd go with Shane Hawkins on drums after he showed to be able to play incredibly. As much as it'd be a feel good story, I bet the band figured it isn't good to get a kid into that rock n roll, touring environment before he's had a chance to grow up.
A lot of pressure to put on a kid too while he's healing from losing his dad.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post: