Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2023, 09:55 AM   #10701
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leondros View Post
i am just waiting for firebot to come back on here now that bvk is back...
Hello
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:14 AM   #10702
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Kriterium View Post
Sir, if people are going to offer up insults then I am going to respond with equally dumb comments.
Baron von Kriterium: Multi-source countering to my BS = insults.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 10:50 AM   #10703
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Now the Russian army has to gnaw through enemy defenses in depth, so the Russians had to rethink the meaning and use of the tank on the battlefield because throwing armoured fists forward on today's battlefield does not work.

Izyum. The Russians tried to capture Kamenka with a tank assault. As a result, this tactic completely failed and the special forces cleared the village on foot. The Wagnerians also advanced in small groups of infantry. Neither Popasnaya nor Soledar were taken head-on by a tank attack.

So what should be done? Firstly, abandon the tactics of tank breakthroughs. Secondly, each tank must be assigned a ground gunner. He must ensure coordination between the tank and the infantry. Thirdly, each tank must have its own drone. Finally, artillery. Better have lots of it. And layered air defence.

Now, has NATO been paying attention?
So if the Russian doctrine is changing, what happened in Vuhledar?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:53 AM   #10704
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sir, if people are going to offer up insults then I am going to respond with equally dumb comments.
He did not insult you. At all.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:54 AM   #10705
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Curious what the relationship between Russia and China means, if it will mean newer and better weaponry. We are living in interesting times. I appreciate the news I see here, thank you everyone.
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:55 AM   #10706
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sir, thank you for responding to my post and noticing I was away. I took a long break because I was out of the country for six months and a little too busy to concern myself with the comings and goings of Calgarypuck.com.

Now, whose Spring offensive am I waiting for?
How was Latvia?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:20 PM   #10707
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was just reading on another forum that Chinese state media is reporting that the deal they offered Zelenskyy and Putin was to let Russia annex Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts, then two Ukraines would be formed similar to North and South Korea. Ukraine east of the Dnieper would be completely demilitarized and subject to Russian foreign policy, and China would provide security assurances. West Ukraine would be free to pursue EU and NATO inclusion.

I won't be providing links because honestly, none of them looked reliable and it could just be BS, but if this is indeed the plan China provided beyond their vague 12-step program, there is no way Ukraine or anyone other than Russia would want to accept that.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 03-23-2023 at 01:11 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 12:52 PM   #10708
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I was just reading on another forum that Chinese state media is reporting that the deal they offered Zelenskyy and Putin was to let Russia annex Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts, then two Ukraines would be formed similar to North and South Korea. Ukraine east of the Dnieper would be completely demilitarized and subject to Russian foreign policy, and China would provide security assurances. West Ukraine would be free to pursue EU and NATO inclusion.

I won't both providing links because honestly, none of them looked reliable and it could just be BS, but if this is indeed the plan China provided beyond their vague 12-step program, there is no way Ukraine or anyone other than Russia would want to accept that.
That would be less of a proposal for real peace and more of a way they can frame the conflict as a proxy war on a neutral nation instead of one nation invading another
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:16 PM   #10709
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is the most ####hole plan ever and Ukraine should be offended that the chinese wasted their time calling them about that.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 01:48 PM   #10710
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine being a Luhansk resident reading that... You are getting favorably compared to North Korea in this scenario. The north koreans have been perpetually starving for like 30 years.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:04 PM   #10711
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Imagine being a Luhansk resident reading that... You are getting favorably compared to North Korea in this scenario. The north koreans have been perpetually starving for like 30 years.
Ya, but think of the glory days in East Germany, what with the Stasi and all! Who wouldn't want to rat on their neighbours and never have to see them again? What a life that would be!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:12 PM   #10712
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post

I won't be providing links because honestly, none of them looked reliable and it could just be BS, but if this is indeed the plan China provided beyond their vague 12-step program, there is no way Ukraine or anyone other than Russia would want to accept that.
#### off China ya bunch of ####s.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2023, 02:15 PM   #10713
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think this really highlights the difference between China and Russia. China will steal your stuff a little at a time while pretending to be your friend, Russia is like #### it, I’m taking whatever I want, just try and stop me.
Either way, their goal is to steal your stuff.
Old 03-23-2023, 02:19 PM   #10714
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
I think this really highlights the difference between China and Russia. China will steal your stuff a little at a time while pretending to be your friend, Russia is like #### it, I’m taking whatever I want, just try and stop me.
Either way, their goal is to steal your stuff.
a right couple of ####s

Quote:
Old 03-23-2023, 02:32 PM   #10715
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Yaroslavl Motor Plant that supplies all the diesel engines for Russian military's GAZ fuel trucks, troop transports, armored cars, and mobile missile launchers, just had a smoking accident. Whole engine plant is burning.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1638870822772146176
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 02:50 PM   #10716
playmaker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

First four Slovak MiG-29 jets have been transferred to Ukraine:
https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...0d0f77050822e1
playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to playmaker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 03:00 PM   #10717
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
The Yaroslavl Motor Plant that supplies all the diesel engines for Russian military's GAZ fuel trucks, troop transports, armored cars, and mobile missile launchers, just had a smoking accident. Whole engine plant is burning.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1638870822772146176
We don't need no water, let the mother####er burn
Burn mother####er, burn
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 03:02 PM   #10718
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe. If the crew isn't buttoned up, they have a better chance of detecting an incoming missile and responding accordingly. If not...

There is a dozen or so Turk Leopard IIs in northern Syria rusting away - taken out by TOW and other ATGMs.

OK, doctrine. Since we are talking about the use of tanks on the battlefield, let's rewind to seven years ago. On 8 Oct 15, Syrian forces launched an attack against the Jihadist forces at the Latamin bridgehead using an armoured fist plan developed by their Russian advisors. They concentrated their armoured forces on the Hama plains with an aim to crush the enemy with one punch. Unfortunately, their plan did not work and the Jihadists routed the Syrian armour using TOW and other ATGM weapons. Even then it was evident the Soviet dogma of "Tank wedges to the English Channel" was outdated.

The Syrians in subsequent years (largely without Russian participation) rethought the meaning of the tank on the battlefield and began to act effectively. In open spaces, the infantry platoon received a tank under its command. The infantrymen went forward, identified enemy firing points and called in their armor to destroy them. The soldiers went ahead of the tanks, which significantly reduced the loss of vehicles on the plains.

In the cities, tactics changed. Each tank had its own “gunner” operating outside of the tank. He operated a drone over a tank in order to provide a broader picture of the battlefield. Such interaction made it possible to break through the enemy's fortifications even in close Arab buildings.

The Syrian experience taught the Russians nothing and, so, fast forward to 24 Feb 22, Russian armoured columns went forward, with practically no connection with the infantrymen. The losses on those days can be judged by numerous AFU videos.

Now the Russian army has to gnaw through enemy defenses in depth, so the Russians had to rethink the meaning and use of the tank on the battlefield because throwing armoured fists forward on today's battlefield does not work.

Izyum. The Russians tried to capture Kamenka with a tank assault. As a result, this tactic completely failed and the special forces cleared the village on foot. The Wagnerians also advanced in small groups of infantry. Neither Popasnaya nor Soledar were taken head-on by a tank attack.

So what should be done? Firstly, abandon the tactics of tank breakthroughs. Secondly, each tank must be assigned a ground gunner. He must ensure coordination between the tank and the infantry. Thirdly, each tank must have its own drone. Finally, artillery. Better have lots of it. And layered air defence.

Now, has NATO been paying attention?
Nato/the US has something no one else has though, complete and utter domination of the air, nothing we have seen so far in any other theatre has really been impacted by air power, the Russian Airforce has turned out to be less effective then the Iraqi, the Rhode Island National Guard could boot shag them, nothing being done in Ukraine or Syria works if a hellfire blows your tank to hell as soon as it moves
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 03:46 PM   #10719
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Nato/the US has something no one else has though, complete and utter domination of the air, nothing we have seen so far in any other theatre has really been impacted by air power, the Russian Airforce has turned out to be less effective then the Iraqi, the Rhode Island National Guard could boot shag them, nothing being done in Ukraine or Syria works if a hellfire blows your tank to hell as soon as it moves
Well part of the lack of Russia's air superiority is the huge number of legacy Soviet AA systems left behind in Ukraine after the fall of the wall. Most non-stealth air forces would struggle in that type of AA rich environment without sinking tons of money into extensive pilot Suppression of Enemy Air Defense (SEAD) training and a mountain of anti-rad missiles.

That it turns out the Russian airforce brass spent most of the training money on vodka and dachas, and whatever anti-rad missiles they had were blown in Syria. Like most things with the Russian military, greed, corruption, and piss poor planning/logistics were a huge problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2023, 04:06 PM   #10720
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always been interested by Russian air doctrine. They just.... don't really have one. It's so weird.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atrocity , badass zelensky , lying russians , mad man , sneaky fn russian , war sucks