Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2023, 02:56 PM   #10581
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its funny that the war in the air has become this high tech stalemate, which is a bit of a surprise to me as the Russian's had the edge in terms of sheer number of front line aircraft and they had the more advanced birds.

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked the Mig 29, it was probably one of the best homegrown jets that the Russian's had built in a long time. It was an absolute beast in its time both in air to ground, and as a dog fighter.

One of the nice things about the design was it could theoretically use NATO weapons, With the newer missiles and bombs that's more uncertain though NATO still claims it can be done.
I always preferred the Su-27 myself, simply because the Mig has no legs at all. I remember listening to a US Navy fighter pilot that was hired to help train with the Malaysian air force after he retired. When they were doing exercises with the Mig-29's, he would have to take off from his air base, fly across the country to where the Mig-29's, they'd come up and play for a few minutes before running out of gas and having to land. It makes sense given their design more as a point defense fighter, but sure limits it's use. He said half their fights wouldn't even end before the Mig was Bingo fuel.

Then my complete anecdotal silly evidence of being a DCS player for years backs this up, lol
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:44 PM   #10582
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
https://www.reuters.com/investigates...russia-wagner/

Reuters posted an interesting article about the life a a few Wagner conscripts before, during and after their time "served". Some interesting tidbits and images for sure and worth the read. Also learned that Wagner has giant nice looking office building in SPB.
#### those ####s

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:07 PM   #10583
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Am I obliged to have lived, not just visited, HK/China, before I can pass opinion? Is that where you're going with this?
Nope. Just calling out a poster who slinks off when asked to share what his views are actually based on.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:26 PM   #10584
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

seems like the Bakhmut situation is stabilized and perhaps turning.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1636854781615513600

https://twitter.com/user/status/1636853655054712832

Last edited by Cheese; 03-17-2023 at 04:33 PM.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 04:39 PM   #10585
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Nope. Just calling out a poster who slinks off when asked to share what his views are actually based on.
The ability to ingest information and form an opinion. Your question was so loaded that it's ridiculous, but you know that. Or you don't, that's a possibility too. One doesn't have to live in a place to learn about it and form an opinion, you seem to be fine doing it about other countries, and based on your seeming heat seeking missile like defense requirement for anything negative said in this thread, I'd go as far as saying it actually hinders in this case. It's cartoonish.

Again, I've never seen someone so defensive about a country. Now finding out you weren't even born or live there any longer, it legitimately makes it just bizarre. You no longer have the excuse of filtered information.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:44 PM   #10586
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Reason wars are started! See above!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:51 PM   #10587
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
The ability to ingest information and form an opinion. Your question was so loaded that it's ridiculous, but you know that. Or you don't, that's a possibility too. One doesn't have to live in a place to learn about it and form an opinion, and based on your seeming heat seeking missile like defense requirement for anything negative said in this thread, I'd go as far as saying it actually hinders in this case. It's cartoonish.

Again, I've never seen someone so defensive about a country. Now finding out you weren't even born or live there any longer, it legitimately makes it just bizarre. You no longer have the excuse of filtered information.
You don't seem to do that well, or to answer pretty simple questions well. Like, for example, I could say "your posting about this topic sucks" and base that upon your inability to answer pretty simple questions. That would be more than you have offered.

Old 03-17-2023, 11:53 PM   #10588
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What's your thoughts on the Chinese treatment of the Uyghurs?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:23 AM   #10589
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Funny enough, the below video popped up on my YouTube this morning.

activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:06 AM   #10590
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Wonder if this will affect the narrative that China puts out regarding Xi's meeting in Moscow next week? Will they be cementing their relationship, will China ignore or discredit the ICC?
It will be interesting to see how this impacts the meeting and the resulting communications that come out. The world hasn't forgotten the threats from the US and the west to sanction ICC judges, steal their money and then press charges BACK against the judges if they ever dare to charge anyone from the west for war crimes committed. It was a bad move by the west to damage the ICC like that and the obvious concerns at the time were, what happens when it's someone else outside of the western bloc that has actually done stuff, like in this case, with Putin?

https://www.france24.com/en/20180910...han-war-crimes

Quote:
The United States threatened Monday to arrest and sanction judges and other officials of the International Criminal Court if it moves to charge any American who served in Afghanistan with war crimes.
Quote:
"We will ban its judges and prosecutors from entering the United States. We will sanction their funds in the US financial system, and we will prosecute them in the US criminal system," he said.

"We will do the same for any company or state that assists an ICC investigation of Americans," he said.

"We will not cooperate with the ICC. We will provide no assistance to the ICC. We certainly will not join the ICC. We will let the ICC die on its own."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2023, 03:42 PM   #10591
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
What's your thoughts on the Chinese treatment of the Uyghurs?
Is your implication in the context of this discussion that I skirt questions on that or something? I don't get how it's relevant in this thread otherwise, but feel free to check my posting history on it. I've never shied away from saying I'm opposed to any arbitrary detention of people who have done nothing wrong, violence towards people, or attempts to erase culture. Whether that stuff is happening to Uyghurs or anyone else, I'm opposed to it. I feel a lot of sympathy for people whose lives and families are affected by any of that kind of stuff and I hope anyone who's in such a situation can get out of it soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2023, 03:45 PM   #10592
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is your implication in the context of this discussion that I skirt questions on that or something? I don't get how it's relevant in this thread otherwise, but feel free to check my posting history on it. I've never shied away from saying I'm opposed to any arbitrary detention of people who have done nothing wrong, violence towards people, or attempts to erase culture. Whether that stuff is happening to Uyghurs or anyone else, I'm opposed to it. I feel a lot of sympathy for people whose lives and families are affected by any of that kind of stuff and I hope anyone who's in such a situation can get out of it soon.
Whatever that stuff that is happening, is ####ing genocide. Chinese government is ####ing trash.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:06 PM   #10593
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

So apparently Putin was in Crimea today to celebrate the anniversary of it's annexation. Except the guy walks nothing like Putin, and his face looks suspiciously rubbery

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...d_in_occupied/

Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:06 PM   #10594
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
So apparently Putin was in Crimea today to celebrate the anniversary of it's annexation. Except the guy walks nothing like Putin, and his face looks suspiciously rubbery

Go on... Tell us what you believe is happening here... All ears...
Old 03-18-2023, 07:07 PM   #10595
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Kinda looks like a body double with a bad plastic mask is what they’re saying. Not rocket appliances to figure that out is it?

Eh could be. Picture was taken with a potato though so could be anything
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:10 PM   #10596
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Kinda looks like a body double with a bad plastic mask is what they’re saying. Not rocket appliances to figure that out is it?

Why are they sending a double?
Old 03-18-2023, 07:13 PM   #10597
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Why are they sending a double?
Psht who knows. Russia does all manner of crazy stuff. You got an idea or trying to say you think it’s a ludicrous proposition? If so cool, noted.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2023, 07:28 PM   #10598
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol jeez you people are triggered haha
Old 03-18-2023, 07:58 PM   #10599
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post

Usually keeps one hand to his side too.
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:04 PM   #10600
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post

Bono really fell off.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:

Tags
atrocity , badass zelensky , lying russians , mad man , sneaky fn russian , war sucks