Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2023, 10:57 AM   #3561
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
I hope it gets better, my wife wants to watch it because it was made in Nova Scotia. It's pretty bad, and way too many scenes with music playing and really nothing going on of note.
Yeah, it's certainly not as well acted or produced as Virgin River but it's not dreadful either. Just a little uneventful so far. We'll see.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:55 PM   #3562
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure how many folks caught the premier of Bob Odenkirk's new series Lucky Hank, but I really liked it.

Kinda cool to see Nancy Robertson cast, and in a perfect role for her.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:21 AM   #3563
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone catch the S2 E1 of Yellowjackets? I'm wondering if this is worth any more investment. My wife likes it but that Bear scene at the end of S1 was close to a deal breaker for me.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:35 AM   #3564
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

White Lotus is such a strange show for me. I struggled through the first season, made it about halfway through the 2nd but I just have zero desire to finish it now. I recognize the talent in it. The cinematography, acting, writing, all top notch. But it's just so slow, I just can't find the time to finish it when I have a backlog of other shows that I'm actively engaged in
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 02:25 PM   #3565
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Anyone catch the S2 E1 of Yellowjackets? I'm wondering if this is worth any more investment. My wife likes it but that Bear scene at the end of S1 was close to a deal breaker for me.
I'm starting to think the writers don't know what to do with the story.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 09:26 PM   #3566
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Oops my bad for reading this. Just recently started watching season 1. About 5 episodes in. Also actually had no clue season 2 was starting a few days after I started watching.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:10 PM   #3567
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I'm starting to think the writers don't know what to do with the story.
It was pretty apparent from the middle of season 1 that they were milking your standard Lord of the Flies scenario, none of the present day stuff was interesting at all
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 06:30 AM   #3568
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel the writers went too Lost too fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 10:01 AM   #3569
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
It was pretty apparent from the middle of season 1 that they were milking your standard Lord of the Flies scenario, none of the present day stuff was interesting at all
i just hate Shauna and every scene she is in is brought down
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:38 AM   #3570
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Started watching "Stranger Things" Season 4. I didn't enjoy season 3 a whole lot but holy moly is season 4 great. The episodes are fairly long (over an hour) but they are very entertaining.

Really enjoying the story for the most part. The only issue I have is the Eleven story so far. I find it to be really boring and drawn out but maybe they're building up to something - I still have three episodes to go which is about four hours of content.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:53 AM   #3571
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Started watching "Stranger Things" Season 4. I didn't enjoy season 3 a whole lot but holy moly is season 4 great. The episodes are fairly long (over an hour) but they are very entertaining.

Really enjoying the story for the most part. The only issue I have is the Eleven story so far. I find it to be really boring and drawn out but maybe they're building up to something - I still have three episodes to go which is about four hours of content.
This seems to be the general consensus. Seasons 1-2 were pretty 'pedal to the metal' awesome, Season 3 was pretty meh and then Season 4 just rocked.

I thought after season 3 this show was done. Gas leak season? So Season 4 really surprised me.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 12:57 PM   #3572
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post

Scratch my comment about the Eleven story arc. It was a slow build but everything has come together. Really liked how they did it!
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:03 PM   #3573
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watching Class of '07 (Prime) with my wife, and it's actually a surprisingly entertaining comedramedy from down under.

The conceit is basically it's Yellowjackets, but with like 1/10th as many flashbacks, nothing supernatural, and actual jokes. Oh and everyone is stuck on an island inside the girls high school where they had all met up for a 10 year reunion, but the oceans level has risen for ???reasons??? and they don't know if the rest of the world drowned or not.

A lot of really good comedic actresses in this one. Emily Browning (Babydoll from Suckerpunch) is surprisingly decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 03-29-2023 at 02:05 PM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 11:10 PM   #3574
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Your Honor season 1 was definitely flawed, but the plot was compelling enough that I wanted to see it through.

Two episodes into season 2 and there is nothing compelling at all to the story. I'm done unless someone here says it's worth sticking it out.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 11:40 PM   #3575
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Your Honor season 1 was definitely flawed, but the plot was compelling enough that I wanted to see it through.

Two episodes into season 2 and there is nothing compelling at all to the story. I'm done unless someone here says it's worth sticking it out.
Season 2 just sucked because Rosie Perez is in it. How is she employed?
Old 03-30-2023, 12:20 AM   #3576
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Regarding Yellowjackets... Just watched S2E1, and it was so boring. The casting for the adult characters suck, especially Juliet Lewis.

Regarding Your Honor... The beginning of season 1 was really good, and then it just trailed off. Watched some episodes of season 2, and it just wasn't captivating enough.

Good thing HBO is killing it with The Last of Us and now Succession to tie me over for the next little while.
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:27 AM   #3577
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

lmao

Lewis and Ricci are highlights of the show for me.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:44 AM   #3578
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
lmao

Lewis and Ricci are highlights of the show for me.
I tend to agree. Ricci almost carries the show on her own. She needs to get her own series.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:44 AM   #3579
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
This seems to be the general consensus. Seasons 1-2 were pretty 'pedal to the metal' awesome, Season 3 was pretty meh and then Season 4 just rocked.

I thought after season 3 this show was done. Gas leak season? So Season 4 really surprised me.
I guess I'm different but I personally liked season 3 better than season 2 and 4.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:50 AM   #3580
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I tend to agree. Ricci almost carries the show on her own. She needs to get her own series.
S2E1 Spoilers
Spoiler!
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote