Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-06-2023, 02:27 PM   #961
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I've been using this 3.5 mm adapter for a long time (I got one with my Pixel 2, still use it today with other phones) and even bought an extra for my wife because of the durability.
https://store.google.com/product/usb...apter?hl=en-CA
I did end up ordering two of those. I was hoping to find an adapter that would also have the 3.5 jack and a USB-C for power supply because my one kid has trouble ensuring that her devices charge overnight for the next days usage but those adapters have very mixed reviews.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:50 AM   #962
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the Android Auto update to new 'coolwalk' interface. I read about it a bit ago (reddit I think) but never got it until yesterday
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:06 AM   #963
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
I like the Android Auto update to new 'coolwalk' interface. I read about it a bit ago (reddit I think) but never got it until yesterday
Now if Google could only fix the "My phone is melting and the battery is draining at 1% per minute" issue with wireless Android Auto it would be perfect
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:07 PM   #964
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Now if Google could only fix the "My phone is melting and the battery is draining at 1% per minute" issue with wireless Android Auto it would be perfect
Ain't that the truth. You gotta plug it in anyway to keep it from completely draining while driving from Canyon Meadows Drive to Anderson.

That said, Coolwalk is quite good and I am really enjoying the new look.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:01 PM   #965
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm. I have no issue with battery drain on wireless AA, it's just almost impossible for me to ever get a GPS fix under any circumstances. If I can't get some satisfaction via warranty, I'm going to have to try flashing it I gueds
Old 02-10-2023, 10:42 AM   #966
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Being able to seek to a specific part of a song was long overdue in Android Auto. I assume the map/audio/other window display looks better on larger screens, but on my small screen it's pretty crowded. I just switch to one app full screen.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 06:38 PM   #967
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

0 to 100% charged in less than 10 minutes?
Only takes a 240W charger lol

https://www.phonearena.com/news/firs...icial_id145485
Old 03-07-2023, 11:29 AM   #968
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nokia has released a repairable budget phone, this might be my next purchase. It should be $240 CAD. Wish it was a touch smaller, but this seems to be the way these days.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/n...epair-yourself
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:49 PM   #969
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pixel 7 pro users, is the battery really as bad as the reviews seem to say it is?

While I’m at it, I’m looking at new phone options as I want something that will give me dual sim capability (physical and esim is fine). If there are recommendations I’d be up for it.

I’m annoyed to find many Samsung CA variations of phones (my s20 FE included) have done away with the second sim slot making it microSD exclusive. It seems gone are the days of two sim slots and a microSD slot.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:59 PM   #970
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnaceFace View Post
I’m annoyed to find many Samsung CA variations of phones (my s20 FE included) have done away with the second sim slot making it microSD exclusive. It seems gone are the days of two sim slots and a microSD slot.
Recent higher-end Canadian Samsung phones (starting from the S21) have esim now.
accord1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:27 PM   #971
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Pixel 7 pro users, is the battery really as bad as the reviews seem to say it is?

While I’m at it, I’m looking at new phone options as I want something that will give me dual sim capability (physical and esim is fine). If there are recommendations I’d be up for it.

I didn't have a pro but my regular Pixel 7 had horrible battery life. I couldn't make it through a whole day without recharging. I went back to Samsung because of it, and other reasons.

I agree it dumb that they don't have MicroSD support but it's an easy profit source charging for extra storage.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:03 PM   #972
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for answers on both. Disappointing the battery blows as the rest of the phone is pretty compelling. I was thinking the newer phones have esim and nano but I’m gunshy now on the CA variants. it’s not the easiest thing to find out as it doesn’t seem to always get listed in specs.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:06 PM   #973
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had a Pixel 7 Pro since launch. I have no problem getting a day out of it without charging. Could probably stretch it to two if I really had to.

Being able to dual sim is pretty good for travel.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:12 PM   #974
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

In my opinion, the pixel problem is not really the battery but the slow charging. A power user's phone will not last a day. OnePlus will charge from 5 to 50% in 15 minutes. Pixel will charge from 5 to 25% in same time.
I'm first in line for a pixel when they fix this
Old 03-24-2023, 10:55 PM   #975
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Using my new S23 then my wifes iphone is shocking in comparison. Apple ####ing sucks. The S23 plus is a ####ing 10 of a phone
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:32 AM   #976
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too bad to hear about the Pixel, I've been Samsung for years and was considering jumping to the Pixel when my contract expires at year's end. My one knock on Galaxy phones is the battery life (which it manages with quick charging). For it to be markedly better than a Pixel in that regard - combined with alleged slow Pixel charging - is quite the red flag.

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll just stay the course..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:55 AM   #977
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I've had a Pixel 7 Pro since launch. I have no problem getting a day out of it without charging. Could probably stretch it to two if I really had to.

I think the purported battery issues are related to the fact that it takes a couple days to learn how you use it.

My Pixel 7 pro lasts all day without any problem at all. It took about 3-4 days to optimize for my usage, but since then I haven't even thought about it.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2023, 04:17 PM   #978
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Having issues with Google search on this problem. Is there any Google maps mod or other good navigation apps that allow you to reduce the frequency of the voice navigation? Looking for something between on and alerts only. It goes off every few seconds, especially in my roundabout neighborhood
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 11:54 AM   #979
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post

I just got my Pixel 7 Pro a week ago. The battery life is better than my previous Samsung S21 FE. With the Samsung I would be at 10-15% at bed time but with the Pixel I'm at 40%.

... I still miss my Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom. The battery was the same size as the Pixel 7 Pro but back then a 5000 mAh battery lasted 3-4 days between charges! I miss having that capability.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:01 AM   #980
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
Having issues with Google search on this problem. Is there any Google maps mod or other good navigation apps that allow you to reduce the frequency of the voice navigation? Looking for something between on and alerts only. It goes off every few seconds, especially in my roundabout neighborhood

I am positive that Google maps has that option. I think you can toggle from full voice nav to alerts only to off. Just click the speaker button. This is for Android Auto.

When I am out and about today, I'll confirm.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote