Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-25-2023, 10:33 AM   #6101
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutuu View Post
Masters is a few weeks, then a couple weeks after that they usually open. June everything greens up.
Nope. They open up the second they can, which has been anywhere from late March to mid April recently.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 05:49 PM   #6102
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

A few years ago I golfed Glen Eagles on March 23!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:45 PM   #6103
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not warming up much this week, seems likely to be mid April at this rate...
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:04 AM   #6104
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Nope. They open up the second they can, which has been anywhere from late March to mid April recently.
If you want to get technical I've played Fox Hollow every month of the year but January.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 05:35 PM   #6105
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Today I went to the range for my final session before golfing in Palm Springs on Thursday and Friday.

I was a little disappointed not to be hitting further, but I felt like I was pretty consistent with each of my clubs and that more than 90% of my shots were not crazy whiffs.

My longest shot was to 213 - which I was satisfied with thinking that the balls were likely cold and they are range balls
Old 03-26-2023, 07:29 PM   #6106
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tried Launchpad. Not my thing. Have never been to a Top Golf or whatever... It would have been better if it was just a driving range with table service. All the gimmicks and the music and the whole frat bro atmosphere was not helping things.

Looking forward to real golf.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 03-28-2023, 07:37 AM   #6107
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

yesterday i had my last lesson - before i head to palm springs tomorrow - with josh fleming at golf 365. i left the lesson feeling hopeful. towards tehe nd of the lesson he used the trackman to pull up the pga west mountain course for me to hit on - it was pretty cool. he tells me the trackman makes allowances for elevation.

overall it was a really good session, and i am a little optimistic that i will string together some positive holes while in PS. and i will be able to enjoy this game more than i have in the past. my goal when i started working with him, was to try and improve to a point where i could have a shot at scoring 95 to 100.

i am also currently in the queue for a july tee time at kaninaskis
Old 03-28-2023, 07:53 AM   #6108
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

You'll probably lose just over a full club in PS. It's only 500 feet elevation.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:46 AM   #6109
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

well after 40minutes of waiting i managed to snag a tuesday 1pm july tee time on lorette.

i looked thru all of june and july and that was the last mid-day time. lots of tee times before 7am and after 3
Old 03-28-2023, 09:49 AM   #6110
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played my 2nd sunny round yesterday in Vancouver. Have had a couple nice rounds out already with 12-15° weather.

Feeling pretty good for early in the season but putting remains my biggest problem.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:03 AM   #6111
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Early season Vancouver putting is a good short game / putting warm up spot, it seems to me? Everything is receptive and slow as hell.

Unfortunately it's supposed to sleet in the lower mainland over the weekend so you'll have to get those rounds in now.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:03 AM   #6112
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
well after 40minutes of waiting i managed to snag a tuesday 1pm july tee time on lorette.

i looked thru all of june and july and that was the last mid-day time. lots of tee times before 7am and after 3
I got nothing decent!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:45 PM   #6113
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm tryna hack a few balls in a golf sim before courses open. Any recommendations for the north of the city?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 02:08 PM   #6114
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I'm tryna hack a few balls in a golf sim before courses open. Any recommendations for the north of the city?
I've tried two in the north:

XFactor was the first in the city to use the pga tour simulators (whatever they use on golf channel). Good accuracy, rooms aren't super private except the one at the far back (from what I remember).

KGolf is another, and their automatic tee system is fantastic - no more chasing around tees and bending over to tee up a ball. Saves time and your back. Room was private with closed door.

As far as accuracy goes, I'd give the edge to XFactor. Just felt that it tracked fades/slices and draws/hooks better. I think KGolf comes out a tad cheaper, both have senior discounts.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2023, 04:02 PM   #6115
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back from Houston/San Antonio. Courses were in good shape, not dry. Hyatt Hill Country in SA does NOT favour left to right players. Black Hawk in Richmond does. First real swings of the season and things went well all things considered.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:03 PM   #6116
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Tried Launchpad. Not my thing. Have never been to a Top Golf or whatever... It would have been better if it was just a driving range with table service. All the gimmicks and the music and the whole frat bro atmosphere was not helping things.

Looking forward to real golf.
which location? I was at the west side one (by Michelson) and it was pretty low key. Just didn't like not seeing the ball land (snow). and the heaters were nt quite up to the weather.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:29 PM   #6117
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will be in Phoenix in June and thinking of bringing the clubs. I don't mind the heat, just wondering what condition to expect the courses to be in.

I've golfed Vegas in the summer and they were fine.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:55 PM   #6118
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Things should be in good shape. You may run into some maintenance as some course do two punches during the summer so ask before you book. June really isn’t that it either, so you should be fine. Still plan on playing before 10:00 just to be safe.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:22 PM   #6119
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Opened my 2023 golf season at cimmaron in Palm Springs - this course is across from the airport. Course itself is alright, although the sand in the traps reminded me of sylvan lake.

Shot 100 on the nose and left pretty happy, although I got rickety on 15 and stumbled home. Struggled with my touch shots around the green and took me 5 holes to figure out how to putt.

Lost two balls. I felt a huge difference in my game after working with Josh Fleming at golf 365 for the past two months.

My current goal is to be in the 95 to 99 range.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:10 PM   #6120
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Indian canyon north course today. We really liked it - much nicer than cimarron for same price.

Got to my final approach shot on 18 to lose a ball. Of course I dropped another one and stuck it on the green. Shot 100 again, struggled with putter and approach shots. One whif off the tee.

Being more consistent really helps a fella enjoy the game more.

We play je marriot desert springs on Sunday morning. Supposed to be close to 80 this weekend

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow