Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #1061
Nancy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Youth hockey is unchanged despite the fact that many outfits I know are not adhering to the 10 person limit/no intermixing.

He’s a complete gutless joke.

There is a reason why the virus is primed for hockey.

If Covid is a perishable product then playing hockey is like skating on and in a refrigerator with minimal airflow and no UV light, while breathing heavy.

I want hockey for my kid as much as the next person, but not at risk to his and community health.
Shandro just said that playing surfaces can no longer be shared, which means 10 skaters max, I am assuming. That will throw a huge wrench into all of the spring programs that are currently launching.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:10 PM   #1062
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

On site testing for all employees at Sunshine and Lake Louise (sounds like there's an outbreak but they're not saying that...?)
Old 04-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #1063
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t think this enough unless people take the no in home seriously. I really think schools 7-12 needed to be closed to make this real again for people.

17% of schools with cases is not sustainable.

Kenny’s messaging was pretty good though and he didn’t undermine himself. I like the focus on just 1-2 months more. Whoever had blame the feds for vaccine supply on the bingo card wins.

What’s interesting about his claim about having the best vaccine injection in the country was true until 10 days ago and it looks like they have plans to fix it. So we will see if we are back on track by the end of week.

With 26k being reported as today’s number that’s is promising. Puts us down to 11 days of supply
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 05:15 PM   #1064
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

first question. David Staples "when will be like Texas?"
Old 04-06-2021, 05:16 PM   #1065
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Shandro just said that playing surfaces can no longer be shared, which means 10 skaters max, I am assuming. That will throw a huge wrench into all of the spring programs that are currently launching.
That isnít what the website says, but itís no surprising that donkey wouldnít be organized.

Quote:
Safety requirements:
Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
A playing surface (for example, arena, field, court or swimming pool) may be occupied by more than one youth group, as long as 3-metres of physical distancing can be maintained between groups of 10 and the groups do not intermingle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #1066
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
First we need to kill 6000 more people.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:18 PM   #1067
Nancy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
That isnít what the website says, but itís no surprising that donkey wouldnít be organized.
I saw that too, but then noticed that it says "Revised March 8" at the top of that section.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #1068
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
At one point I would have agreed with you, but I think she's complacent and equally responsible as those two.
Not me. She showed who she is at the beginning before she clearly took a step down for Kenny to blabber on after Kenny didn't like what she was portraying to his base. She didn't change, she's just not in a role where she can have any more input than the government instructs her to have before the meetings.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #1069
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
First we need to kill 6000 more people.
do you have a followup David?

yes, how long will that take...
Old 04-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #1070
Tron_fdc
Has My Daddy Syndrome

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I donít think this enough unless people take the no in home seriously. I really think schools 7-12 needed to be closed to make this real again for people.

17% of schools with cases is not sustainable.

Kennyís messaging was pretty good though and he didnít undermine himself. I like the focus on just 1-2 months more. Whoever had blame the feds for vaccine supply on the bingo card wins.

Whatís interesting about his claim about having the best vaccine injection in the country was true until 10 days ago and it looks like they have plans to fix it. So we will see if we are back on track by the end of week.

With 26k being reported as todayís number thatís is promising. Puts us down to 11 days of supply
I missed part of it, but didn't he say he was scaling to 125000 administered doses per week?

That's around 18 000 a day, which won't use up supply.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #1071
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
I missed part of it, but didn't he say he was scaling to 125000 administered doses per week?

he didn't really frame that 125 000 number, I think he was implying that is what we are doing right now...if that's his aspiration well its pathetic- but I don't think that is the end game at all- based on today's numbers, we should be scraping 200k/wk
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 04-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #1072
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post

He also said we have the best vaccination program in the country which is objectively, not true.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #1073
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
He couldnít be any dumber.

Heís the person who posts utter nonsense on social media then says... ďoh... interesting.Ē

I canít stand that toxic clown.

Texas will likely be be the next breeding spot of a nasty variant.
  • There is evidence that the variants proliferate in immunocompromised people.
  • How many immunocompromised people went to that game yesterday?
  • What are the likelihood all of them were vaccinated?
  • What is the likelihood the virus incubates variants in one them for weeks while they spew virus around the state?
Old 04-06-2021, 05:39 PM   #1074
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
He also said we have the best vaccination program in the country which is objectively, not true.
Technically today we injected the most doses per capita.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #1075
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know the best way to sign up for 2B? Link? Does it open for everyone at same time (8 I believe?)

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:52 PM   #1076
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Anyone know the best way to sign up for 2B? Link? Does it open for everyone at same time (8 I believe?)

Thanks in advance.
Id phone around to pharmacies now and see if they will book you given todayís announcement
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #1077
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to say it’s more than a little disappointing to be a year into this and basically in the same spot as we were a year ago. I realize that better days are ahead, but it doesn’t feel as though the sacrifice has accomplished much.

And I really feel for the small businesses today. The gyms, restaurants and cafes that barely reopened just got crushed again. I feel so bad for these people because it’s just devastating. They’ve taken huge risks, pledged their homes and retirement savings and any other assets they had as collateral, and through no fault of their own they’re getting hammered with closure after closure and restriction after restriction.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 06:07 PM   #1078
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I have to say it’s more than a little disappointing to be a year into this and basically in the same spot as we were a year ago. I realize that better days are ahead, but it doesn’t feel as though the sacrifice has accomplished much.

And I really feel for the small businesses today. The gyms, restaurants and cafes that barely reopened just got crushed again. I feel so bad for these people because it’s just devastating. They’ve taken huge risks, pledged their homes and retirement savings and any other assets they had as collateral, and through no fault of their own they’re getting hammered with closure after closure and restriction after restriction.
I'm sorry I don't understand this.
If we hadn't taken the steps we did, at various points, there would be a lot more people dead and a completely overwhelmed system.

That's been what the sacrifice has been about.

It's not about where we are versus where we've been. It's about where we are versus where we would have been

I feel for small businesses too. And I'm not minimizing that.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:10 PM   #1079
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I'm sorry I don't understand this.
If we hadn't taken the steps we did, at various points, there would be a lot more people dead and a completely overwhelmed system.

That's been what the sacrifice has been about.

It's not about where we are versus where we've been. It's about where we are versus where we would have been

I feel for small businesses too. And I'm not minimizing that.
Yeah and Iím not saying we should have just let things run their course. Just saying that itís disappointing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 06:10 PM   #1080
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I heard that too. The governments job is to be the adult bad guy. Coaches or managers who have to tell which kids canít go on the ice shouldnít be tasked with that decision.

Yeah it sucks, but games arenít happening anyways. Itís just another lazy half step for the pontificating sloths to pander to a few groups.
Closed Thread