Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2022, 11:59 AM   #701
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I still wonder why some people, in Calgary, are leaving their homes, getting into their own vehicles, and are driving down the road wearing masks when nobody else is in their vehicle. Sadly the fear of "just in case" has overwhelmed logic and science.
Who the #### cares?

How does this have an adverse affect on you or anyone else?

As long as people aren't hurting other, let them do them.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2022, 11:44 AM   #702
MacFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Who the #### cares?

So nobody is allowed to comment? This is a chat board after all.

If you saw someone walking down the street with a full snowsuit on in +30C weather, you wouldnt say, "huh, well that a bit odd...not sure why theyre wearing all that?"

If your partner, turned to you and said the above, would you snap back and say "what's it matter to you? Its not hurting you! let them do them!"....or would you just say "yeah, your right that is a bit weird" and move along?

Simple observations when it comes to this stuff is totally off the table for some it seems nowadays....its a general comment...relax.
MacFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MacFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2022, 03:00 PM   #703
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFlame View Post
So nobody is allowed to comment? This is a chat board after all.

If you saw someone walking down the street with a full snowsuit on in +30C weather, you wouldnt say, "huh, well that a bit odd...not sure why theyre wearing all that?"

If your partner, turned to you and said the above, would you snap back and say "what's it matter to you? Its not hurting you! let them do them!"....or would you just say "yeah, your right that is a bit weird" and move along?

Simple observations when it comes to this stuff is totally off the table for some it seems nowadays....its a general comment...relax.
I don’t see someone wearing a snowsuit in +30 and think “their fear has overtaken logic and science!” like some dork.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2022, 03:14 PM   #704
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

a snowsuit in +30 weather is totally the same thing as a small piece of cloth on your face. imagine someone driving between two public, possibly crowded places and having to tolerate that awful cloth continuing to touch their nose for 5-10 minutes on the way. it's a wonder how they don't immediately swerve off the road and crash in a daze of broken science and logic.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #705
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Who the #### cares?

the act of OBSERVING them doesn't affect me.

It's when they turn all Karen and fear anything to do with society and rage.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:35 PM   #706
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
a snowsuit in +30 weather is totally the same thing as a small piece of cloth on your face. imagine someone driving between two public, possibly crowded places and having to tolerate that awful cloth continuing to touch their nose for 5-10 minutes on the way. it's a wonder how they don't immediately swerve off the road and crash in a daze of broken science and logic.

I've travelled a fair bit, and yes I have seen people in above 30C weather wearing winter coats and full face balaclavas cos they were cold. At the same time they probably thought I was crazy and maybe quite ill only wearing shorts and a very light tshirt and still sweating.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:47 PM   #707
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
the act of OBSERVING them doesn't affect me.

It's when they turn all Karen and fear anything to do with society and rage.

What? Has this happened? I have not seen anybody in masks out in public start chastising anyone or heard this happen.

You worrying that you’ll be affected by somebody going “Karen” is really grasping for things to be anxious about.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #708
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
What? Has this happened? I have not seen anybody in masks out in public start chastising anyone or heard this happen.

You worrying that you’ll be affected by somebody going “Karen” is really grasping for things to be anxious about.
It’s almost like he’s acting all…. Karen about it…. or something
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2022, 09:13 PM   #709
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

naaah man, you do you, just as I let others make their own choices. And yeah, I've had someone get a little upset due to their sensitivity on the subject. I can respect their space, just as I expect mine to be respected.

Someone I know literally sanitized their dog if people petted it just in case they put germs onto the dog and the dog passed the virus onto them (the owner).
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2022, 09:33 PM   #710
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really, dogs should be sanitized frequently anyway.

… and maybe wear diapers - I am looking at you, turn-the-office-into-a-kennel people. Like I need my desk’s legs marked as territory.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:45 AM   #711
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

People bring dogs into your office? Unless you work at a dog groomers, I don't understand how that is permitted.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 09:06 AM   #712
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
People bring dogs into your office? Unless you work at a dog groomers, I don't understand how that is permitted.

No. Not a dog groomer. I haven’t really said anything unless one of them tries to touch me, whence I recoil in disgust, or the barking becomes unbearable and I question whether there is something wrong with the animal.

I figure saying anything beyond that would make me look like the office killjoy.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #713
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of them? How many dogs are in your office??? This is the weirdest thing. Do other people work in dog-offices? And dogs barking? #### that, I'd be Captain Killjoy.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #714
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
One of them? How many dogs are in your office??? This is the weirdest thing. Do other people work in dog-offices? And dogs barking? #### that, I'd be Captain Killjoy.

People bring them in randomly, so it’s not constant. Everybody else seems to be very excited when they see a dog. l That’s not me though. I am more like, I don’t want this slobbering, snotty dog’s snout touching me, so I am removing myself from the situation. I wish I could pull that Tom Cruise quote from Magnolia without coming across like a major dbag.

That said, I’d love an office cat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 10:32 AM   #715
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
People bring them in randomly, so it’s not constant. Everybody else seems to be very excited when they see a dog. l That’s not me though. I am more like, I don’t want this slobbering, snotty dog’s snout touching me, so I am removing myself from the situation. I wish I could pull that Tom Cruise quote from Magnolia without coming across like a major dbag.

Replace the word “dog” with “baby” and I agree 100%. “Oh!!! Person X has brought in their new born!” ….and I should care ‘cause?
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:44 AM   #716
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When I managed in Red Deer the office was small 14 people.

We took a vote at a staff lunch on bringing dogs.

It passed, I voted against.

Everyone had doors so they could keep their dogs in with them.

Honestly only 2 guys brought in their dogs and both were very well behaved.

One person decided to not bring their dog because they said it wouldn't be too rambunctious

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 02:52 PM   #717
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am 100% on-board with having an office cat.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 04:58 PM   #718
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

My office permits dogs on days when there aren't clients on-site. I used to bring my bichon shih tzu. She was a therapy dog, who went into a lot of places (hospitals, nursing homes, airport), so was very well behaved. If I didn't bring her (had an appointment after work or something), my colleagues would ask why not and remind me to bring her next time. She either sat under my desk in the common area or in my room. My colleagues were always coming to visit her whenever she was there and if anyone didn't want to see her, they didn't.

There should be rules around behaviour, but why wouldn't you offer your employees that perk?
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 03:47 PM   #719
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Meh, I let my people bring their dogs in. Two of them do. It's harmless, but I'm also not in a typical office situation since we have the warehouse in the back. It's a bit dirty/dusty here, so dogs aren't going to make it much worse. Makes the people happier and it's nice for the animal since it isn't stuck at home sad all day. One of the dogs I don't really like, but the other one is cool and a net positive to the vibe.

I know I'm the resident dog hater, but at work I'm fine with it. Would never allow them in my house, though.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 08:20 PM   #720
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Coming up on three years now and wife tested positive this morning for Covid for the first time. She was sick back in October with the symptoms in stages, tested daily and always negative, I didn’t get sick at all that time. She felt a scratchy throat on last night and tested this morning, immediate positive, My test was negative so far but hoping for a positive in the day or two to save our Christmas plans. I had it back in Jan/ Feb on this year and she didn’t get symptoms or test positive then.