Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-28-2023, 03:12 PM   #301
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Pretty much Cruncyroll, Netflix or Amazon. I'll probably have to get a HIDIVE account for a bit at some point when there's enough series from there that I want to see.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2023, 06:31 PM   #302
photon

Exp:

If you like music anime or cute girls doing cute things anime then you should like this one. Good characters and the main character deals with social anxiety.

Old 03-01-2023, 11:31 AM   #303
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's the best way to watch One Piece. I have finished everything on Netflix and I want to continue on my journey as a pirate.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 11:49 AM   #304
photon

Exp:

Crunchyroll has all of it afaik.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:24 PM   #305
photon

Exp:

If you like mystery or supernatural shows Summer Time Rendering is really good. A show that should be getting a lot more attention than it is.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:21 PM   #306
photon

Exp:

Soon!

Old 10-05-2023, 11:01 AM   #307
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

There is also https://onepace.net/. From the website "One Pace is a fan project that recuts the One Piece anime in an endeavor to bring it more in line with the pacing of the original manga by Eiichiro Oda. The team accomplishes this by removing filler scenes not present in the source material. This process requires meticulous editing and quality control to ensure seamless music and transitions."

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cKy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2023, 11:07 AM   #308
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I subscribed to Crunchyroll earlier this year in order to finally watch the entire Dragonball story arc. Currently on the Buu saga in Z. Afterwards I'll probably start watching the Robotech series (what can I say, I like old anime). I like Crunchyroll, and it's decently priced versus other streaming services at $9.99 / month.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #309
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I subscribed to Crunchyroll earlier this year in order to finally watch the entire Dragonball story arc. Currently on the Buu saga in Z. Afterwards I'll probably start watching the Robotech series (what can I say, I like old anime). I like Crunchyroll, and it's decently priced versus other streaming services at $9.99 / month.
IIRC, Crunchyroll has the remaining eps of Attack on Titan. If you didn't finish it after starting it on Netflix, worth finishing it there.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2023, 11:36 AM   #310
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Robotech Macross as a live action would be one of the best sci fi series ever!

Well they would have to fix the Macross movie where Minmay sings the enemies to death... lol

I started to rewatch DBZ in japanese again. The original soundtrack was sooo much better than the American version. I started rewatching it again just because i randomly saw this on youtube. lol

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 10-05-2023 at 11:39 AM.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:59 AM   #311
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
I started to rewatch DBZ in japanese again. The original soundtrack was sooo much better than the American version. I started rewatching it again just because i randomly saw this on youtube. lol

Nice find! Crunchyroll has the original soundtrack for DBZ (still with American voiceovers though), which is fun - I remember watching the American version on YTV when I was a kid, and the soundtrack I thought was epic... honestly, I love the original soundtrack (like from the clip you posted), but I also really appreciate the American one - although I might be in the minority on that haha.

Also, I like the blood and violence in the Japanese DBZ - I know that was taken out in the American version. Master Roshi is a super pervert though in the Japanese version, geezus christ!
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 12:00 PM   #312
photon

Exp:

I purchased the Dragonball Z Kai series, that's the last time I watched it, it's a cut down version with some updates too.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #313
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nice find! Crunchyroll has the original soundtrack for DBZ (still with American voiceovers though), which is fun - I remember watching the American version on YTV when I was a kid, and the soundtrack I thought was epic... honestly, I love the original soundtrack (like from the clip you posted), but I also really appreciate the American one - although I might be in the minority on that haha.

Also, I like the blood and violence in the Japanese DBZ - I know that was taken out in the American version. Master Roshi is a super pervert though in the Japanese version, geezus christ!
When it originally aired in Hong Kong it was on at 11pm! lol Not meant for kids but they watched it that late anyways and they would be dead tired for school the next day.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:13 PM   #314
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Robotech Macross as a live action would be one of the best sci fi series ever!

Well they would have to fix the Macross movie where Minmay sings the enemies to death... lol
I dunno...I don't have much faith in them getting it right. I also feel that with a bit more explaining, they could get the idea of the Zentraedi being starved of emotions and music bringing that out.

I think I'll go rewatch New Generation...I still want a Cyclone.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 12:24 PM   #315
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/O...haracter_names

The logic behind the naming is kinda funny. I always picked up that a lot of the names sounded like certain categories (ie: Vegetables) but it wasn't until years later that I realized that those coincidences were intentional. The entire brief family for instance are named after underwear puns.

It has been mentioned in many internet discussions discussions that Chi Chi and Maron's names are basically innuendos for boobs.

TBH, I think the pervy aspect is due to a Japanese category of anime called Ecchi. It's similar in nature categorically to perhaps something like "raunchy" in English like we'd see for movies like Old school, American pie etc. Dragonball often went too overboard for my liking IMO. Often felt a bit more awkward than comedic IMO.

Last edited by DoubleF; 10-05-2023 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:37 PM   #316
photon

Exp:

Yeah old school Dragonball was just weird sometimes, but different time and different culture.

Ecchi is pretty broad.. I've watched series that have an ecchi tag and I have no idea why, or watched series that are and deserve the tag since there's some risque stuff that makes sense in the story but are really great series (My Dress-Up Darling).
Old 10-05-2023, 12:39 PM   #317
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well did you watch the original Dragonball when Goku first meets Bulma? They are sleeping in the same bed and he wakes up, pulls down her underwear and is wondering where her dick is? and he is like slapping her all around there! lol.

I highly doubt that made the North American cut! hahaha
Old 10-05-2023, 12:51 PM   #318
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Grew up as a big anime fan but now as an adult, I find most animes are made for children and teenagers/young adults and about high school shenanigans or younger kids in empowered fantasy worlds. I can't watch anime anymore as I cannot relate to it anymore.

There is a bunch of manga called Seinen (young adult) or Gekiga (adult). Where are the animes for that? I want an anime about the struggles of being a Japanese salary man working for a difficult company with office politics and his struggles to pay the bills.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2023, 12:59 PM   #319
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Yeah old school Dragonball was just weird sometimes, but different time and different culture.

Ecchi is pretty broad.. I've watched series that have an ecchi tag and I have no idea why, or watched series that are and deserve the tag since there's some risque stuff that makes sense in the story but are really great series (My Dress-Up Darling).
Ranma 1/2 was pretty funny how they played the Echhi card with him changing back and forth from male to female due to hot and cold water. Green Green TV's first episode is one that actually made me burst out laughing.

Then there's other stuff that's basically Soul Calibur body physics or worse and I can't help but wonder why people watch/produce that stuff. Different strokes for different folks, but that area of that genre definitely ain't my stroke. Something like high school of the dead was interesting, but the Ecchi in it was annoying and pointless. I think it does give credence to the formula though as there have been a few recent live action releases from Korea and Japan pulling heavily from that genre of urban zombie survival.

Not all nudity is Ecchi though. There's series like Berserk that throws it in there for a variety of combinations of shock factor and romance in a surprising parallel to something like Game of Thrones.
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2023, 01:07 PM   #320
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I want an anime about the struggles of being a Japanese salary man working for a difficult company with office politics and his struggles to pay the bills.
I feel like Aggretsuko and Shirobako would be good fits for what you're looking for. A more light-hearted one in this vein that might be too cutesy is New Game.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote