Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-04-2023, 11:38 AM   #461
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Video Game thread, but the embargo on Gran Turismo 7 on the PSVR 2 lifted, and the impressions are making the 3 week wait a lot more painful.

A few outlets are reporting similar findings:

- Full game minus split screen
- No noticeable graphic drop (which is wild considering it's almost one of the nicest games I've seen)
- Very-little-to-no motion sickness (insane for a racing game)
- This guy in particular in the video below typically annoys me for how negative he is on most things.

Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:07 AM   #462
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:12 PM   #463
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shoppers is carrying PSVR2, great way to use up points if you were interested in.

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Sho...e=711719560203
Old 02-23-2023, 09:49 AM   #464
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Coming up for air after a day with the PSVR 2. If you had other headsets than the PSVR, this leap may not feel as big, but as somebody who's only ever used the original, this is pure bliss. They eye tracking is so good it's barely noticeable, the controllers track and feel amazing, and the single cable design is a vacation compared to the rat's nest that was PSVR.

Only downside I can really point to is that the movement in the games has increased along with the tech, so the motion sickness seems to still be a thing. I was hoping we could get further past that, but it seems to still be an issue. Starting to take the issue more seriously, as before I mostly blamed PSVR's lack of horsepower.

Gran Turismo is a masterpiece, and I'm excited to dig into horizon tonight.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:32 AM   #465
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played GT7 yesterday, it was pretty good, but unfortunately, I could only do about 10 minutes before the motion sickness kicked in. This was my first racing VR experience, so I'm not sure if I can handle it TBH, which which is too bad as it's really fun.

I didn't have any motion sickness with other games thankfully. Call of the Mountain is visually a huge leap compared to PSVR1's games. I'm excited to try new puzzle games in the future.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 08:57 PM   #466
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shoot, wrong thread.

Last edited by chemgear; 02-24-2023 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:46 PM   #467
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
I played GT7 yesterday, it was pretty good, but unfortunately, I could only do about 10 minutes before the motion sickness kicked in. This was my first racing VR experience, so I'm not sure if I can handle it TBH, which which is too bad as it's really fun.

I didn't have any motion sickness with other games thankfully. Call of the Mountain is visually a huge leap compared to PSVR1's games. I'm excited to try new puzzle games in the future.
Super dorky, but I would play the hell out of a "the room" type VR game

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:32 AM   #468
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Had my Gran Turismo superfan buddy over last night to try it out and I legitimately had to boot him out once I had to go to bed. He felt motion sickness in other games, but for whatever reason, he could play GT7 for hours. His review was that it's the greatest GT experience he's had in 25 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 03:35 PM   #469
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

We've given VR demos to friends & family and some of the most amazing reactions have been with the full driving setups we have.

Seeing somebody turn into a virtual setting sun and trying to flip down an imaginary sun visor whilst wearing a VR headset is hilarious.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:26 PM   #470
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dammit I was trying to hold off buying this but you guys are talking me into it
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 04:16 PM   #471
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Way more expensive but looking forward to the XR Elite:

Old 03-01-2023, 10:48 AM   #472
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I can't believe how fun Pavlov on PSVR 2 is. I know PCVR people have had it for years, but what a cool little game. To finally be able to shoot a sniper rifle in VR is one of my great joys.
Old 03-01-2023, 04:47 PM   #473
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I can't believe how fun Pavlov on PSVR 2 is. I know PCVR people have had it for years, but what a cool little game. To finally be able to shoot a sniper rifle in VR is one of my great joys.
Is that multiplayer only? I'm not much of a multiplayer fan even for non-VR stuff.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:17 AM   #474
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Is that multiplayer only? I'm not much of a multiplayer fan even for non-VR stuff.
I'm in the same boat. There are offline modes, and they could be great, but they aren't.

Zombie mode is very cool, but the zombies are 28 Days Later zombies, so they run and it's equally terrifying and difficult (I've never gotten to wave 4).

You can play various modes against bots, but they're mostly just target practice. They putter around aimlessly and sometimes won't even shoot at you.

The target range is pretty cool as far as target ranges go. You can set up little mini games and stuff, but again it's pretty shallow.

So multiplayer is where it's at for this one. I'm like you, not a big multiplayer guy, but that said I'm having a blast.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:06 AM   #475
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Interested to see Apple's device which has been speculated to be unveiled this month...not sure if that will happen but hopefully!

Not the biggest apple fan, but have to admit that they are amazing at taking a concept and refining it superbly. Could really help more mainstream adoption too!
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 10:26 AM   #476
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

PSVR 2 is such a huge improvement on PSVR...it's crazy. I took advantage of the Gamestop trade in deals they had and it was worth it.

I've only tried Gran Turismo 7 and the Star Wars, Horizon, and NFL Pro Demos but they are great.

All the chatter was about Gran Turismo 7 but I actually thought Star Wars, and Horizon were the more "Woah" experiences for me.

Star Wars Demo especially really felt like you were using a Blaster and were in the Star Wars universe.

Also in NFL Pro Demo I fumbled the ball and panicked and tried to rush over to bend over to pick it up and crashed into my wall lol. Don't think the original PSVR ever felt that immersive.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2023, 11:58 AM   #477
harmfuljays
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I actually had to return my PSVR2. Had nothing but problems with it....blurry screen...controllers that wouldn't work. It seems some people got working models but I guess I wasn't so lucky. I've bought release day PS products for years so there being problems wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately they have made the return process fairly painful and ability to get a hold of them non-existent.

I may try it again but its going to be quite a ways down the road.
harmfuljays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 03:04 PM   #478
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is anyone still enjoying their PSVR2?

I’ve been tempted to jump in lately, but I think I’ll hold off on pulling the trigger until this upcoming PlayStation showcase. You have to think they will have some type of VR content to announce right?

The game selection just looks so arcadey to me save for a couple of the big hitters.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:37 PM   #479
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I still play mine all the time, but I've learned I'm anything but normal when it comes to VR gaming, so take it with a grain of salt.
bax
Old 05-13-2023, 10:55 PM   #480
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

PSVR2 now at Shoppers - use your points! It's also bonus redemption right now.

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/p/B...a=MXxOfDB8WXww