Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2023, 12:22 AM   #3441
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That's amazing! I thought 100% that was a made for talk show story that didn't actually happen.
The full explanation in the comments is gold

Quote:
Translation and explanation:

I've been callin' y'all for better than a month, griping about y'all, every time Looney Tunes come on, y'all put Porky's Bu*thole on, I figure last night, and the second the cartoons come on, it was Porky's freakin' ol' Bu*thole, I said "Surely, y'all ain't gonna put the last two on Porky's freakin' Bu*thole", I, nah y'all are gonna die [if] you'all don't put Porky's freakin' Bu*thole on last dang' ol cartoon like you'all did this morning.

I've seen the dang 'ol crap a half-a-million-and-a-half times.

I don't see why in the heck y'all think these dang ol youngins are gonna sit there and watch Porky's dang ol Bu*thole, time after time after time after after [d-ol] time, and don't y'ever get tired of it, like–

and, yesterday, y'all, I got up 7:30 in the morning, and watched all day, and I don't think y'all was right on time with y'own show all dag-gum day. I went to bed last night, wantin', wantin' to get– get one right.

But y'all was wrong, still wrong. I was gonna say, I guess I'mma gonna have to call the FCC about shuttin' y'all's butt down.

Y'all don't I just don't, you don't think no three-year-old kid's gonna buy, buy something, buy a dag-gon armload of stuff, cause y'all put'n those dang-old commercials on, dropping that crap on and on and on, it don't matter crap today, cause you was 5 minutes late this time, you gonna be 5 minutes late next time, cause you gonna drop those freakin' commercials on, till, till y'all get ready to... quit, yo.

For some reason y'all think you're got'dang job every 10 minutes a commercial's on every dag-ol time, y'all get through, every time a show goes off or somethin. I dun-no.

[click] – end of message

He’s been calling to complain for over a month, tired of seeing the same show (Porky's Bu*thole), so often.
He tuned in to watch last night, and it was “Porky’s freakin ol' Bu*thole”, over and over, until the early morning.
He doesn't understand why they would think kids want to watch Porky's bu*thole over and over.
He was up all day watching this channel from 7:30 to night and the shows were always late, because of commercials.
He’s tired of the commercials. Specifically, he repeatedly complains they cause the shows to be 5 minutes late.
He wants to complain to the FCC to try to get the whole station shut down (it sounds like, because of the commercials).
He further doesn’t understand why there has to be so many ads for so long. It's not like kids are going to rush out to buy armloads of stuff they see in the commercials, just because they appear so frequently.

Dang 'ol Boomhauer here isn't calling to complain about Beavis & Bu*thead like Mike Judge thought, he was tuning in to watch Looney Tunes at a specific time, like 7:30 right on time. But, the last show, also Looney Tunes, hadn't ended yet, so he ends up watching right as Porky Pig is giving the "That's all folks!" outro against the famous concentric red circular backdrop - in what I would assume this guy thinks looks like a bu*thole. Thus: Porky's Bu*thole. Then it goes straight to commercials for 5 minutes and the episode that he was planning on watching doesn't start until 7:35.

So he's complaining that the episodes are offset and he keeps tuning in at what he thinks is the beginning, but it's actually the end of the last episode when Porky is saying the show is over.

In the 90s Looney Tunes aired on Nickelodeon, which was owned by Viacom along with MTV. So it's conceivable that he was trying to reach Nickelodeon (which explains why it's primarily kids toy commercial he keeps getting), and ended up reaching someone at Viacom who assumed it must have something to do with Beavis and Bu*thead and forwarded it to Judge.
The best part is that the angry hillbilly wasn't even talking about Beavis and Butthead. Some intern or another received that voicemail, could only understand Porky's butthole being repeated over and over, and thought "Well it must be for Mike Judge...", and that leads to Boomhauer. Hell in the first episode of KOTH Boomhauer quotes the first part of that voicemail word-for-word (skip to 0:25)

Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2023, 12:37 AM   #3442
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

That is simply amazing.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:40 AM   #3443
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow. Wow...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 02:30 PM   #3444
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
The full explanation in the comments is gold

The best part is that the angry hillbilly wasn't even talking about Beavis and Butthead. Some intern or another received that voicemail, could only understand Porky's butthole being repeated over and over, and thought "Well it must be for Mike Judge...", and that leads to Boomhauer. Hell in the first episode of KOTH Boomhauer quotes the first part of that voicemail word-for-word (skip to 0:25)

Speaking of Beavis and Butthead, it also got revived with a season and a movie on Paramount + last year, and they are going to be put on Comedy Central now. And they are in production for another season currently.

Both the season and the movie got a 10/10 from me
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:27 PM   #3445
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

That 90's Show is really bad.
We are still watching it, but it's awful.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2023, 07:29 PM   #3446
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I liked it. But if there's a season 2 I won't watch it. One and done for me.

Last edited by keratosis; 02-04-2023 at 07:31 PM.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2023, 09:51 PM   #3447
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah. I might have been a bit harsh.
A bit
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #3448
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm liking Pokerface. Always been a fan of Rian Johnson except for that elephant dung of the 2nd Star Wars movie. He must have been on crack when he did that.

Lady to her senior home staff: "you just want to track my every movement so you know every time I goto the bathroom, so you can jerk it to the knowledge that i'm pooping." lol
Old 02-05-2023, 09:23 PM   #3449
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised there is no love for 1923 in this thread. This last episode really solidified its spot as my favorite current show.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:30 PM   #3450
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I'm surprised there is no love for 1923 in this thread. This last episode really solidified its spot as my favorite current show.
I think Paramount might be more popular in the US than Canada (nothing to back this up, just anecdotal from friends and family). I feel like in Canada Paramount tends to be the "straw that broke the camels back" in terms of new streaming services.

Especially with their late 2000's Netflix style of shorting Canadians of content, that Netflix quickly realized was plain stupid.

Quote:
Yes, Paramount Plus is available in Canada. However, you don’t get the same content catalog as the US version of the platform.

As a result, you may find many of your favorite TV shows and movies missing from the Canadian version of the streaming service.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2023, 09:46 PM   #3451
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I think Paramount might be more popular in the US than Canada (nothing to back this up, just anecdotal from friends and family). I feel like in Canada Paramount tends to be the "straw that broke the camels back" in terms of new streaming services.

Especially with their late 2000's Netflix style of shorting Canadians of content, that Netflix quickly realized was plain stupid.
I actually think you're on to something with that.

I can say personally that Yellowstone was the one that truly pissed me off.

You start this show and its on Amazon, no problem. Its a new show, not old, licensed content and then it takes a gigantic post-season break and when it comes back on all of sudden you either need some 'premium' Prime or now an entirely new streaming service with Paramount. Screw that nonsense.

I wont lie, that pissed me off something fierce. It was at that point that I instructed the lads to swab the decks, hoist the mainsail, cut the gib, man the riggings and fly the black.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2023, 07:27 AM   #3452
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, the original Yellowstone was always a weird one. It actually isn't even on the American version of Paramount+ because they sold the streaming rights to Peacock before they launched their own streaming service.

Paramount+ is a somewhat useful service in the US, but I imagine they don't own the Canadian rights to most of their content like CBS and Showtime shows and sports properties.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:24 AM   #3453
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, Star Trek was their big selling point prior to Yellowstone becoming a hit, but they sold the Canadian rights to everything Star Trek to Bell/Crave/Space, which made CBS-All Access (the predecessor to P+) pretty useless in Canada.

A couple of years ago, I signed up for an offer of 2 free months and the only thing they had that I had any interest in watching was the old Twilight Zone series. I ended up watching every episode, then promptly cancelled.

They've added quite a bit more now that they have old Paramount movies and stuff, but outside of the Yellowstone franchise, there still isn't much new content on there that isn't available somewhere else.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:40 AM   #3454
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
I'm liking Pokerface. Always been a fan of Rian Johnson except for that elephant dung of the 2nd Star Wars movie. He must have been on crack when he did that.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2023, 10:44 AM   #3455
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I actually think you're on to something with that.

I can say personally that Yellowstone was the one that truly pissed me off.

You start this show and its on Amazon, no problem. Its a new show, not old, licensed content and then it takes a gigantic post-season break and when it comes back on all of sudden you either need some 'premium' Prime or now an entirely new streaming service with Paramount. Screw that nonsense.

I wont lie, that pissed me off something fierce. It was at that point that I instructed the lads to swab the decks, hoist the mainsail, cut the gib, man the riggings and fly the black.
Not to mention Yellowstone jumped the shark (walked the plank) and is now terrible to the point I can't even watch it
Old 02-08-2023, 10:57 AM   #3456
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Not to mention Yellowstone jumped the shark (walked the plank) and is now terrible to the point I can't even watch it
It might be nearing the end of it's current version anyway. Costner is strong arming shooting days and stuff behind the scenes so he can shoot a movie.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:49 AM   #3457
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
It might be nearing the end of it's current version anyway. Costner is strong arming shooting days and stuff behind the scenes so he can shoot a movie.
I was also reading that Paramount is probably happy to ax it anyway so that they can put a Costner-less sequel on their Paramount streaming service. They awkwardly sold the streaming rights to the flagship show most associated with Paramount to their most direct competitor.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:56 AM   #3458
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I was also reading that Paramount is probably happy to ax it anyway so that they can put a Costner-less sequel on their Paramount streaming service. They awkwardly sold the streaming rights to the flagship show most associated with Paramount to their most direct competitor.
Yup, and they've put feelers out to Matthew McConaughey for next iteration.

Link to the Deadline report
Old 02-10-2023, 06:11 PM   #3459
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well...Vox Machina just keeps on delivering.

Old 02-12-2023, 11:14 PM   #3460
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Robin Weigert was so good in Deadwood as Calamity Jane. As is Brad Dourif as the doctor.

I'm only three episodes into a rewatch, but I'd forgotten how the show benefits from a strong supporting cast like few others. Olyphant is one of the most brutal leads I can remember, but it doesn't really matter among the cast of Deadwood.

Also, not-so-deep-voice Nick Offerman sighting in the second episode
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote