Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2024, 03:00 PM   #14761
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Initially when Covid hit AB and the shutdowns began, my company switched to teams fairly quickly and seamlessly. However there were days I would have 3+ teams meetings, most of which could have been an email. Joe Blow C-level wants to connect about new strategies for refining our Covid response protocol and how can we synergize that using our existing apps?

Here’s an idea, if they call in and say they’re sick, they don’t come to work. The end. If they have a positive test, see ya in 2 weeks.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:17 PM   #14762
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I think there are also people who are trying to prove that hybrid and remote works so the more virtual meetings the better. Because there are still the old grey hairs out there who don't believe in it.

Pre-pandemic, I had floated out that my team (finance) could work hybrid. We can process your invoice without seeing you. It was an absolutely no, not a chance. Then the pandemic hit and IT was scrambling, they literally brought VPNs and Zoom that day (2020-03-17).

Now we proved that it works but somehow a lot of execs still feel that hybrid doesn't work and make people go back, some for 5 days again. I think it's mostly for job security. You can't manage people when they're not in front of you!

So teams meetings are being pushed to prove a point.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:20 PM   #14763
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For me it really hasn’t changed. Same amount of meetings, but these meetings are now in-person and on teams. So people have the choice to do what is most convenient. Saves people driving to a meeting that can be done via teams.

I have attended some meetings vis teams that I would not have attended if it wasn’t available on teams, but those are optional meetings.