Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2021, 12:56 AM   #221
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Oilers are such an embarrassing team. Also, sheesh is Carter Hart ever a bad goalie. Dude loses his net more than any goalie I have ever watched. He really needs to work on his fundamentals because he looks like a really bad goalie in net.

Edit: also I know it's a bad game to pick on Hart since he made 34 saves but his fundamentals are terrible. That backhand goal had no business going in. Don't even know what he was doing there.

Last edited by Knightslayer; 10-28-2021 at 12:59 AM.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knightslayer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 02:11 AM   #222
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
Oilers are such an embarrassing team. Also, sheesh is Carter Hart ever a bad goalie. Dude loses his net more than any goalie I have ever watched. He really needs to work on his fundamentals because he looks like a really bad goalie in net.

Edit: also I know it's a bad game to pick on Hart since he made 34 saves but his fundamentals are terrible. That backhand goal had no business going in. Don't even know what he was doing there.

Goalies don’t face thousands of backhanders from that position as part of their training, it’s debatable how much response to such a shot is reflective of fundamentals. The shot grazed his arm and shoulder, nothing egregious there

Sometimes shots are well placed
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 02:49 AM   #223
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a former goalie, backhands are an absolute nightmare to track under the best of circumstances.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #224
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Final scores
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-R...ate=10-27-2021
https://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/sco...p?day=20211027
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/scores/2021-10-27

There were three games that ended 3-2 in OT. Both the Red Wings and Leafs were down 2-0 in each of their games. Both teams scored in the 2nd period, tied it in the 3rd period, and went on to win in OT. Gotta say for both teams, impressive comebacks. The losing teams had PPGs and the better PK. Lankinen made 37 saves against the Leafs.

The Knights also won in OT. Heartbreaker for the Stars as the Knights' Marchessault tied it with 62 seconds left in reg time and then Dadonov scored the GWG.

The Flyers also blew a 2-0 lead but managed to be victorious, unlike the Bhawks and Capitals. LOL stupid Oilers. The 1st period was crazy. Way to go Philly. Lots of shots, 37-33 in favour of the Flyers.

The Panthers are having an excellent start to the season. They are just the 14th team to win their first 7 games into the season. Bobrovsky is playing well in net. The Bruins owned the face offs in the this game, 37-19. That stat didn't matter as Florida won 4-1.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:06 AM   #225
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Goalies don’t face thousands of backhanders from that position as part of their training, it’s debatable how much response to such a shot is reflective of fundamentals. The shot grazed his arm and shoulder, nothing egregious there

Sometimes shots are well placed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
As a former goalie, backhands are an absolute nightmare to track under the best of circumstances.

All 3 goals by the Leafs were scored on the backhand. The OT winner was a breakaway deke with Nylander's soft backhand going through Lankinen's legs.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:10 AM   #226
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Agreed, but that’s why you need to be strong positionally and square to the puck. He was in a really strange position to allow that to go in.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #227
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I always thought Hart was a bit of a head case. I don’t know how many of you have seen him live, but I saw him live in Buffalo for team Canada. Guy does more repetitive mental routines than I’ve ever seen a pro athlete do. For example, TV timeouts he does this thing by the bench where he stands away from it and does a little water routine. I noticed it all game, just doing little things like that. They serve a purpose for sure, but it was so over the top I couldn’t help but think the guy has a really hard time staying focused on the game.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 08:20 AM   #228
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see they still haven’t taken Mcavi’s phantom assist away from him.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:23 AM   #229
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see Hart play that much but whenever I do he looks shaky. I can't believe a professional goaltender could position himself any worse than on the Barrie goal in the first period. I looked at the replay several times and just don't understand how any goaltender could give up so much open net when a player is shooting from an angle like that.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:54 AM   #230
NegativeSpace
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is it just me or was that a really messy game between the oilers and flyers? Seemed like both teams play a bit of a frantic game. Other than the last goal I’m not sure Koskinen was the reason they lost. Felt like the oilers were fortunate to even be in that game.
NegativeSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #231
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeSpace View Post
Is it just me or was that a really messy game between the oilers and flyers? Seemed like both teams play a bit of a frantic game. Other than the last goal I’m not sure Koskinen was the reason they lost. Felt like the oilers were fortunate to even be in that game.
It was a very sloppy game. I actually thought Koskinen saved them fairly often (more than Hart).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #232
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup appears that Oilers controlled the puck, but when they gave up a chance it was a 10-bell opportunity.

Oilers had 59.6% corsi (56 For, 38 Against)

But 35% of the high danger (7 For, 13 Against)

I'd have to look more closely but when a 1/3 of the shot attempts are high danger that feels like a bad ratio. So yeah...Oilers were sloppy for sure.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 10-28-2021 at 09:44 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:57 AM   #233
Iginla
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
I see they still haven’t taken Mcavi’s phantom assist away from him.
As much as I dislike McDavid, the shot from the point hit him before it went to Pull an RV. Unless there was an assist on another goal you are referring to?
Iginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:30 AM   #234
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a weird game for Hart. Some pretty poor goals allowed but in the same period, some very strong saves. I think Woodley has mentioned Hart got a new goalie coach at some point and maybe it's a matter of getting used to the changes he's been asked to make to his game.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote