Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2024, 07:51 AM   #2401
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What. Was. That?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 09:02 AM   #2402
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
That's a fun wrinkle to explore. Vader and Barriss Offee.
Anakin as he was would have given an eff and probably would have struck Offee down, Vader on the other hand, cannot recognize the ant under his boot.

Dunno why they'd give Offee an Inquisitor role, Anakin played with her like she was food in their duel when he arrested her. Not someone I'd want to go.hunt down the likes of Yoda and ObiWan

The Emperor and Vader didn't want the Inquisitors to be powerful, the Sith don't invite potential threats into their house.

They wanted them to be maybe strong enough to take on what was left of the Jedi Order, and its likely once they were killed off the Inquisitors would be killed off.

This of the Inquisitors as not as powerful as Jedi Knights and poorly trained. The Grand Inquisitor was the exception.

But none of them were anywhere near the level of Vader and Palpatine.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 09:47 AM   #2403
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Emperor and Vader didn't want the Inquisitors to be powerful, the Sith don't invite potential threats into their house.

They wanted them to be maybe strong enough to take on what was left of the Jedi Order, and its likely once they were killed off the Inquisitors would be killed off.

This of the Inquisitors as not as powerful as Jedi Knights and poorly trained. The Grand Inquisitor was the exception.

But none of them were anywhere near the level of Vader and Palpatine.
Right, and the other thing as well was that the power of the Jedi was clearly waning.

Outside of Obi-Wan and Yoda, most of the real Jedi threats were either only half-trained or just not that powerful to be a threat, so an Inquisitor vs. 'Jedi Cousin Eddy' was either a fair fight or the Inquisitor had the advantage.

Anyhow, Evil Space Wizards vs. Good Space Wizards isnt super intriguing to me.

The rest of the Galaxy, from all sides of the conflict, should just have sat down in a room on a temporary cease fire and just discussed this rationally.

"Look, guys, we have to acknowledge the 'Space Wizard Dilemma.' Regardless of which side of the line you're on I think we just have to accept that these clowns have caused just an astronomical amount of Galactic damage relative to the number of them that exists.

I think we should agree to murder all of the Space Wizards. Light and Dark and whichever in between those bastards, and then we can resume our Inter-Galactic conflict on the basis of an essential and fundamental and moral difference of opinion on Galactic management on a 'Policy-Only' Basis?

Can we agree on that? We murder all the Space Wizards? We'll start with those meddling Skywalkers? Cool. Then we can get back to the business of killing each other over what amounts to essentially very minor philosophical differences.

Thank you all for your time."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 10:01 AM   #2404
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

You’re so anti-wizardry.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 10:54 AM   #2405
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Spoiler!
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 03:28 PM   #2406
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Right, and the other thing as well was that the power of the Jedi was clearly waning.

Outside of Obi-Wan and Yoda, most of the real Jedi threats were either only half-trained or just not that powerful to be a threat, so an Inquisitor vs. 'Jedi Cousin Eddy' was either a fair fight or the Inquisitor had the advantage.

Anyhow, Evil Space Wizards vs. Good Space Wizards inst super intriguing to me.

The rest of the Galaxy, from all sides of the conflict, should just have sat down in a room on a temporary cease fire and just discussed this rationally.

"Look, guys, we have to acknowledge the 'Space Wizard Dilemma.' Regardless of which side of the line you're on I think we just have to accept that these clowns have caused just an astronomical amount of Galactic damage relative to the number of them that exists.

I think we should agree to murder all of the Space Wizards. Light and Dark and whichever in between those bastards, and then we can resume our Inter-Galactic conflict on the basis of an essential and fundamental and moral difference of opinion on Galactic management on a 'Policy-Only' Basis?

Can we agree on that? We murder all the Space Wizards? We'll start with those meddling Skywalkers? Cool. Then we can get back to the business of killing each other over what amounts to essentially very minor philosophical differences.

Thank you all for your time."

Palpatine's Jedi trap was brilliant. I mean he put a label on the most powerful Jedi. Masters were made into Generals and surrender by who armies of Clone Troopers. Jedi Knights were commanders, and had their own divisions of clone troopers to command. As powerful as a Master was, he or she couldn't defeat a whole army. Knights couldn't defeat what was pretty much a thousand troopers.

As well, people ask, well why didn't the Jedi sense that the Troopers were going to turn on them. The Clones, never hated the Jedi, they were never angry at the Jedi, when the inhibitor chips basically flipped on they were simply following orders, the Jedi couldn't really feel that threat.

The bottom line throughout the long Lore history of the GFFA, the major wars where billions of people died. they were usually caused by the Jedi and the Sith or the dark side and the light side fighting for power or control over the force. These wars were literally the result of the Force fighting for balance.

So it was easy for the Jedi to be blamed by Palpatine, because the Jedi literally caused these wars.

When the first Jedi Schism was fought before the Sith were founded, it was literally the Jedi not liking what some other Jedi were learning so they decided to cleanse their order and billions of non force sensitives died.

Same during the second schism, it was a crusade by the Jedi.

When the Sith were founded it was a bunch of Jedi who were exiled for not following Jedi traditions, and naturally the Sith wanted revenge. So what happened. The sith turned on each other, the Jedi won the war and then decided that in their righteousness that every member of the Sith society or empire had to be put to the Sword, and the surviving Sith wanted and got their revenge causing billions of Death.

Even in the last war of the Republic, the Jedi eagerly rushed off to save us because they thought the Sith were involved, and trillions died in a religious war. If the Jedi had followed on their ideals, they would have refused to fight, they would have said to Palpy "Bra. we can't fight your civil war for you", but instead they got all blood thirsty about the Sith.

Seriously when Anakin told Obi-Wan that he thought that all Jedi were evil, he was right. The Jedi allowed corruption and slavery and poverty to happen. The Sith promised an end to all that with Order and Justice.

The Jedi hid themselves behind good acts and right thinking while they lived in a magnificent temple and wanted for nothing.

Its easy to see why the Republic citizens were fine wit the Jedi being hunted down and defeated, they were out of touch warmongers. Its easy to see why the Republic changed to the Empire so easily, when after thousands of years of wars that the Jedi were prominent, a little Peace and Order is welcomed.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:45 AM   #2407
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished Andor

Episode 11 hit home about bee. We adopted a dog where it was young and we had to stay in the dead owners hone with it for 2 days.

The finale just Wow.

Stone and sky
Stone and sky
Stone and sky
Stone and sky

" FIGHT THE EMPIRE!"

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 04-08-2024 at 03:40 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:30 PM   #2408
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

We got the third to last episode of the Bad Batch last night, and it was really a slow build bridge episode the finale.

Spoiler!

Overall it was a solid build up episode.

Old 04-11-2024, 10:44 AM   #2409
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
We got the third to last episode of the Bad Batch last night, and it was really a slow build bridge episode the finale.

Spoiler!

Overall it was a solid build up episode.
Spoiler!
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:41 AM   #2410
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yup

Spoiler!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2024, 09:00 AM   #2411
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Episode 13 - Into the Breech dropped last night.

Spoiler!

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: