Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #2001
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
... wrist movement boost is hard to replace.
Have you been thinking about Fotze's mom again?

Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shawnski For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #2002
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski View Post
Have you been thinking about Fotze's mom again?

If I was, I wouldn't have needed a boost, would I?
Old 03-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #2003
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

^ This conversation reminds me of this:

CubicleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #2004
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That makes me a ton happier about accidentally salvaging half my MF gear the other day.

I doubt I will give it much thought going forward. I think killing faster and getting more loot / exp is a better overall plan. I have felt hamstrung sometimes by having a piece of gear with MF on it that I didn't want to upgrade with something I probably should have. I think I do the same thing with movement speed as well. My lacuna Bracers are quite outdated, but wrist movement boost is hard to replace.
I've replaced almost all of my MF gear but am holding onto them instead of selling atm. Kills are coming faster.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #2005
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That makes me a ton happier about accidentally salvaging half my MF gear the other day.

I doubt I will give it much thought going forward. I think killing faster and getting more loot / exp is a better overall plan. I have felt hamstrung sometimes by having a piece of gear with MF on it that I didn't want to upgrade with something I probably should have. I think I do the same thing with movement speed as well. My lacuna Bracers are quite outdated, but wrist movement boost is hard to replace.
Don't forget you can augment you movement speed through paragon points. Movement speed caps at 25%.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #2006
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Don't forget you can augment you movement speed through paragon points. Movement speed caps at 25%.
yep, been dumping them in there as I get them.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #2007
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Blizzard still really sucks at this whole patching thing. Don't even know why they give out times for maintenance windows when they push the window further out 3 or 4 times for every patch
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #2008
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah the only gear I haven't outright replaced yet were ones with movement speed increases...it's more valuable than an extra 10% health to me in T1 anyway.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #2009
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gah trying to get this game loaded up after not playing for probably over a year. Launched it yesterday, and it took hours to patch. Booted it up again today, got a new launcher, and once again it looks like another hour long patch.

It seems ridiculous, but I guess this is what I get for not playing for so long.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #2010
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i switched to heavier damage and t2 hasn't been too bad.
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #2011
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spent awhile killing Torment 6 Skeleton King with a full tank skillset. Got a terrible Compass Rose for my troubles.

Down to play with anyone doing pretty much anything.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #2012
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Joined the community.

If you have legendaries from pre-2.0 sell them now. I have been selling items that just didn't sell for millions

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:30 AM   #2013
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow played Act 2 Torment 1 for an hour, and already got a set of legendary shoulders. They're still not as good as my old yellows, but that's a good sign of things to come! Good timing for Loot 2.0 since I'll be stuck in Winnipeg all next week.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 AM   #2014
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

The only issue I have with the new patch and the inability to trade legendaries is for sets. How insanely lucky must you get to be able to get all 3 or 4 drops to complete a set? Especially when you're cursed with getting several doubles of legendaries you already own like I am
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #2015
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alrighty. So I've spent a couple of days with my Barbarian and a few things.

I either really need to get my damage up for him or whirlwind is so dwarfed that it isn't even feasible to play Barbarian anymore.

Even Earthquake is gimped hard. I'm not sure what else to do . I do not really want to go into another build as I have the most fun with and Earthquake/Whirlwind build.

So my build is this:

Primary: Frenzy w/Maniac
Secondary: Whirlwind w/Wind Shear
Tactics: Warcry w/Invigorate
Defensive: Ignore Pain w/Ignorance is Bliss
Rage: Path of the Berserker w/Thrive on Chaos
Rage: Earthquake w/Molten Fury

Passive skills: Boon of Bul-Kathos , Weapons Master and Tough as Nails

That build you will not die....Ever......as long as you are in scores of mobs. Not the best build for single bosses like the Butcher though.

But I've found in this patch, there's piles of monsters to plow through and keep going.

Now this is where my issues with the Whirlwind dwarfing come in. I can sit there, full health and full fury (seriously, its never ending in this build) and take five to ten minutes on a pile of monsters. Really sucks and slows the progress down.

I have some really solid weapons and gear but my damage is at 81,361 but it feels like I'm in MP10 with MP3 damage. Really disappointing. I kind of feel they unbalanced Barbarian too much.

Last edited by dammage79; 03-05-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #2016
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm almost wondering if there's better two handed weapons out there than having a dual wield set up with this build. BUt I like my attack speed high, feels like Im going more.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #2017
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Have you tried a boulder throw build? I've had some good results with that so far.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #2018
Free Ben Hur!
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
The only issue I have with the new patch and the inability to trade legendaries is for sets. How insanely lucky must you get to be able to get all 3 or 4 drops to complete a set? Especially when you're cursed with getting several doubles of legendaries you already own like I am
This is what I just don't get about what Blizzard are doing. Not only do they not have any apparent guiding philosophy for this game and are pretty much making it up as they go along, the development path they now are (momentarily) enamoured with is fundamentally and severely flawed. The lock down of trading of account bound items and the shutdown of the AH is a slap in the face of anyone who has spent a single loonie at the real money AH. The only people these changes benefit are people that don't have jobs or go to school and can play DIII 20 hours a day. Not only that, the nerfing they've done to key weapon attributes, like life steal, have made my monk (240k dps unbuffed, 460 full buff) a scrub that can barely compete. It's unbelievable how badly they've messed this up.

Rant off.
Free Ben Hur! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #2019
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Ben Hur! View Post
This is what I just don't get about what Blizzard are doing. Not only do they not have any apparent guiding philosophy for this game and are pretty much making it up as they go along, the development path they now are (momentarily) enamoured with is fundamentally and severely flawed. The lock down of trading of account bound items and the shutdown of the AH is a slap in the face of anyone who has spent a single loonie at the real money AH. The only people these changes benefit are people that don't have jobs or go to school and can play DIII 20 hours a day. Not only that, the nerfing they've done to key weapon attributes, like life steal, have made my monk (240k dps unbuffed, 460 full buff) a scrub that can barely compete. It's unbelievable how badly they've messed this up.

Rant off.
I disagree with everything you've said here.

First, the RMAH shutting down between expansions is the best time to do it, and is not a slap in the face at all. Consider that any money you've spent at the RMAH would've been useless anyways with the release of the expac. Blizzard understood that while a small minority of players love looking for deals on the AH/playing the AH game, the vast majority of people prefer finding stuff in game. The removal of the AH and buffing of drop rates was probably the best thing that ever happened to the game.

The only people these changes benefit from are the people that don't have jobs? Are you kidding me? I played ~1 hour a day back near release. I never had enough gold to actually buy anything decent on the AH. I never found anything that would let me survive in inferno as a witch doctor. My DPS when I finally quit was approximately 20,000 and that was after spending what little gold I had on upgrades. I never found a single upgrade personally.

Now? I played the same 1 hour a day, and I'm already up to 50,000 dps, and can actually play through torment 1 and progress through the game. Frankly, considering you have 460k dps buffed with enough specific gear to use a completely broken and nearly exploitative build (lifesteal), it's pretty clear you are the person that played 20 hours a day.

Funny though, the 20 hour a day player is still going to benefit from these changes - with the fact that things are BoA, as mentioned it's extremely hard to complete sets. The top players will be able to farm for these sets, and be far better than casuals like me, who will have a mish-mash of legendaries and rares, but at least I can actually play the game and have fun, rather than using 6/9 blue items, all of which were purchased off the AH.

Last edited by Regorium; 03-06-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Regorium For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #2020
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Ben Hur! View Post

Rant off.
The fact that they have a huge number of people who are returning to the game means that you are in a small minority.

When I started again, my DH was kind of weak. I spent a couple days farming some gear and almost all my stuff has been replaced with better items and I have either changed my skills so I am clearing far more efficiently than ever.

I actually look forward to playing now.