Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #41
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've figured for a while that Snoke isn't the ultimate villain in this trilogy.

I also figure that they also won't go down the road of redeeming Kylo Ren back to the light.

At some point we're going to meet the ultimate power behind the throne. I also feel that Kylo will find out that Snoke isn't what he says and will murder him, continuing down his dark path.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #42
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That crossed my mind as well, it was when Han had the line about "Snoke is just using you, then he will throw you away." What if there is some truth to that? About the throwing away part? Then Ren gets wise to it, he finally meets Snoke in person and is able to detect that he is not a force user, or not nearly as strong as he made himself out to be. Ren would be disgusted that he had bee 'training' under someone so inferior and just kill him on the spot. Then we find out that the real villain was twisting Ren THROUGH Snoke and we have our act 3 movie.. Ren isn't on the light side, but he is frustrated and lost and confused. He's angry he became a puppet, he's angry that they made him kill his Father and Uncle? to prove his worth to them, just so they could manipulate his power. This isn't what his Grandfather wanted, this isn't the vision that he set out to fulfill from the start. Vader would have never served these pathetic excuses for force users, he would not have tolerated this at all. So neither should Ren. He never fully comes back to the light, but he does help take down the big bad villain, making us believe that he is doing it because it is the 'right' thing to do, but really he just plans to seize the power all for his own. In the end he reveals this and all hope looks lost, until 'Rey' Kenobi destroys the last of the Skywalker blood line. The bloodline her Grandfather failed to keep from the dark side all those years ago.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 02-17-2016 at 08:12 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #43
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
LOL. I hope not. Just something darker and more philosophical than the first.
Yeah, and not so freaking kiddy. Maybe I should have, but I really didn't see that coming with this current one. The last one before that was totally dark.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #44
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I've figured for a while that Snoke isn't the ultimate villain in this trilogy.

I also figure that they also won't go down the road of redeeming Kylo Ren back to the light.

At some point we're going to meet the ultimate power behind the throne. I also feel that Kylo will find out that Snoke isn't what he says and will murder him, continuing down his dark path.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #45
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That crossed my mind as well, it was when Han had the line about "Snoke is just using you, then he will throw you away." What if there is some truth to that? About the throwing away part? Then Ren gets wise to it, he finally meets Snoke in person and is able to detect that he is not a force user, or not nearly as strong as he made himself out to be. Ren would be disgusted that he had bee 'training' under someone so inferior and just kill him on the spot. Then we find out that the real villain was twisting Ren THROUGH Snoke and we have our act 3 movie.. Ren isn't on the light side, but he is frustrated and lost and confused. He's angry he became a puppet, he's angry that they made him kill his Father and Uncle? to prove his worth to them, just so they could manipulate his power. This isn't what his Grandfather wanted, this isn't the vision that he set out to fulfill from the start. Vader would have never served these pathetic excuses for force users, he would not have tolerated this at all. So neither should Ren. He never fully comes back to the light, but he does help take down the big bad villain, making us believe that he is doing it because it is the 'right' thing to do, but really he just plans to seize the power all for his own. In the end he reveals this and all hope looks lost, until 'Rey' Kenobi destroys the last of the Skywalker blood line. The bloodline her Grandfather failed to keep from the dark side all those years ago.
Yeah, that's not bad. I would add on that I would love to see it that Ren is betrayed by Snoke who is more politician then actual Dark Side user, he worships the dark side but can't practice it. Snoke realizes as he's training Ren that he is like his Grandfather, he's a fury in the Dark Side and realizes the quintessential truth of the Sith.

You train your apprentice at your own peril, because eventually when you run out of usefulness to the apprentice he's or she is going to kill you, become the Dark Lord of the Sith and find an apprentice.

And that's the ultimate goal for Ren, he wants to be like his Grandfather which means that he wants to be a Lord of the Sith.

So Snoke realizing that he's basically uncaged a tiger sends him on a path to confront Luke believing that chances are that Luke will kill the still unstable Ren. But Luke is killed and Ren realizing the betrayal returns to Snoke, betrays him and kills him and declares himself as the new Dark Lord of the Sith, or so he believes.

But as he rummages through Snoke's stuff he finds a pyramid shaped object thats incredibly powerful.

He activates it and a holographic figure in a robe appears.

"Hello my friend, clearly you are powerful enough to activate my holocron, which is a repository of all of my teachings concerning the Dark Side of the Force. You are chosen and worthy of accessing this secret knowledge as you try to ascend to the title of Dark Lord of the Sith.

I appear to you as a younger man, if you are viewing this I am long dead.

The Jedi gain power through understanding, the Sith gain understanding through power, this is the key difference.

I hope that as you learn you come to see me as your friend and your guide, I am the ultimate Dark Lord of the Sith, and at the same time, I ruled the Republic which became a vast and mighty Empire.

My name is Palpatine, but you can call me Darth Sidious"

At that point, Kylo begins to learn from the holocron and Palpatine, (maybe we get a rocky style montage, I kid)

But he begins to feel the presence of a greater dark power then his own and its getting closer and searching him out, its not Sith, its certainly not Jedi, but it literally feels like a black hole in the Dark Side.

Then at the end of the movie we get the reveal of the ultimate baddie.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2016, 03:47 PM   #46
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, that's not bad. I would add on that I would love to see it that Ren is betrayed by Snoke who is more politician then actual Dark Side user, he worships the dark side but can't practice it. Snoke realizes as he's training Ren that he is like his Grandfather, he's a fury in the Dark Side and realizes the quintessential truth of the Sith.

You train your apprentice at your own peril, because eventually when you run out of usefulness to the apprentice he's or she is going to kill you, become the Dark Lord of the Sith and find an apprentice.

And that's the ultimate goal for Ren, he wants to be like his Grandfather which means that he wants to be a Lord of the Sith.

So Snoke realizing that he's basically uncaged a tiger sends him on a path to confront Luke believing that chances are that Luke will kill the still unstable Ren. But Luke is killed and Ren realizing the betrayal returns to Snoke, betrays him and kills him and declares himself as the new Dark Lord of the Sith, or so he believes.

But as he rummages through Snoke's stuff he finds a pyramid shaped object thats incredibly powerful.

He activates it and a holographic figure in a robe appears.

"Hello my friend, clearly you are powerful enough to activate my holocron, which is a repository of all of my teachings concerning the Dark Side of the Force. You are chosen and worthy of accessing this secret knowledge as you try to ascend to the title of Dark Lord of the Sith.

I appear to you as a younger man, if you are viewing this I am long dead.

The Jedi gain power through understanding, the Sith gain understanding through power, this is the key difference.

I hope that as you learn you come to see me as your friend and your guide, I am the ultimate Dark Lord of the Sith, and at the same time, I ruled the Republic which became a vast and mighty Empire.

My name is Palpatine, but you can call me Darth Sidious"

At that point, Kylo begins to learn from the holocron and Palpatine, (maybe we get a rocky style montage, I kid)

But he begins to feel the presence of a greater dark power then his own and its getting closer and searching him out, its not Sith, its certainly not Jedi, but it literally feels like a black hole in the Dark Side.

Then at the end of the movie we get the reveal of the ultimate baddie.
Who? who is it? Do you mean Darth Sidious? Someone else? You can't leave us hanging like this, your blurb read like a story. I was pumped reading it.

Finish the story!
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #47
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think its going to be something that we've never seen before.

I think though we're going to learn a lot more over the next season of Rebels.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #48
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.total-croatia-news.com/li...sed-for-public

This is cool for me personally. Episode VIII is partially being filmed in Croatia, in the picturesque walled city of Dubrovnik. It's it's heyday, Dubrovnik rivaled Venice as one of the most powerful city states of the Mediterranean.

I've spent some time in Dubrovnik, and it takes my breath away. The ancient history and converging Roman, Croatian, Italian and Turkish cultures in the city is simply amazing. I can't wait to see it in the new movie. If you ever get a chance to visit, I highly recommend it.

All the windows that you see around the 1 minute mark are all functioning shops and apartments above them. So cool.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #49
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Really cool, pretty sure a lot of GOT has been filmed in this city as well?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #50
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Really cool, pretty sure a lot of GOT has been filmed in this city as well?
Yeah that is true. On my last trip there I walked right through a set right after they filmed a scene and mingled with the extras. I guess the stars of the show are whisked away quickly, but security was not tight at all. I could have easily snagged a snack from the free food table, or even a prop

... but I'm not a dick tourist, so I didn't
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #51
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kings Landing in GOT is also Dubrovnik.
Was there for the 2nd time this past September and they now have Game of Thrones tours.
Love Dubrovnik!
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #52
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #53
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Fairly regular updates with some pictures from Dubrovnik

http://www.starwarsdubrovnik.com/
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #54
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

He teaches how he was taught...

Old 04-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #55
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I heard a really interesting Snoke theory.

What if Snoke isn't a person, what if he's a construct or combination of Sith Holocrons that combines the knowledge of all the previous Sith Lords.

It would explain why appearance wise he looks like a lot of different things.

He has what looks like the Vader scars and burns, he has aspects that remind you of palpatine and even some alien traits that could be Plageous.

It would certainly add to the line the Leader is Wise.

And why we don't see him in person.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #56
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Interesting sure but I think JJ has made it clear he's not going to bog down the new movies with a bunch of convoluted EU backstory.

As far as geese movies are concerned the original 3 are the only source to draw on. Nothing else is cannon, in practice if not officially.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:32 PM   #57
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Interesting sure but I think JJ has made it clear he's not going to bog down the new movies with a bunch of convoluted EU backstory.

As far as geese movies are concerned the original 3 are the only source to draw on. Nothing else is cannon, in practice if not officially.
Actually all 6 movies are canon as well as Clone Wars and Rebels, and some of the recently released books and comics.

So for example Plageous is considered Canon.

But I'm not in the Plageous is Snoke camp, because it would make Palpatine look like a bone head.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #58
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya we've seen a lot of development in Rebels recently and I have a feeling they are timing the last season of that show to end before the start of movie 3.

That would be season 5.. and the start of the show takes place 5 years before ANH. Not saying each season is a year but.. it would make sense.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:02 AM   #59
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is "canon"?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #60
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Actually all 6 movies are canon as well as Clone Wars and Rebels, and some of the recently released books and comics.

So for example Plageous is considered Canon.

But I'm not in the Plageous is Snoke camp, because it would make Palpatine look like a bone head.
why? There's nothing linking Palpatine to Plagueis other than him knowing a story of him being killed by his apprentice.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote