Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #201
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I do think Leia knows who she is, but Han didn't. The way she flies/knows the Falcon, her connection with Chewy, flashes of Skywalker. It would really surprise me if she wasn't a Solo.
I think Han did know who she is, based on the way he was treating her, offered her a job, etc., I think it was also implied in his interaction with Maz. But I didn't get the feeling that she's Han's daughter, just that he knows who she is and has some connection.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #202
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I do think Leia knows who she is, but Han didn't.
I dont know, I couldnt tell from Carrie Fisher's facial expressions. Shes got a helluva poker-face these days.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #203
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Blue ray has just been sitting by the TV as I haven't gotten around to watching it again. Did they mention in the movie that Kylo made that light saber? Could the vision be the Sooke character and he gives the light saber to Kylo after he started to turn him? Just spitting balling.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:05 PM   #204
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

so here's my playbook because of a few things

I think I would dislike the idea of Rey as another member of the Skywalker line, its too much of a replication of the original trilogy where they garner some cheap heat with "I am your sister" reveal

I didn't think that she was all that familiar with Chewie he was more then willing to shove them in an airlock when they met on the falcon

As far as familiarity, its kind of funny in the Star Wars universe that everyone seems to have a pilots license. I mean Luke went from flying a skyhopper which is probably basically like a Cesna to flying a high performance fighter jet in about 2 seconds.

I just can't get by the logic, that after Hans death at the hands of Kylo, and going off to see a guy that might be her father or uncle that Leia wouldn't disclose since she's sure to find out anyways.

So ok, here's my story line

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Luke decides to restart the Jedi Order and dedicate his life to teaching a new generation of Jedi Knights to keep the dark side from getting a hold on the galaxy. The problem, Order 66 pretty much wiped out the Jedi. So he grabs the old guy from the start of the movie who's not a Jedi but a member of the Church of the Force and they start searching the galaxy for people with Force potential. They eventually arrive on a world and find a girl with tremendous potential, but she's just a toddler. Her parents give her up willingly for a better life. Luke continues to find more Jedi potentials and takes them back.

At the same time, Han and Leia are disturbed about their son. He seems to have a ton of force potential, the problem is that he's obsessed with Grandpa. He's also a bit of a jerk.

At the same time a member of the New Republic Senate, an unassuming Senator named Snoke has become a good friend of the Solo's. He seems like a good guy and takes an interest in their son.

What they don't know is behind their back, he regales their son with stories of the good man that Darth Vader was, and that he's been given a bad rap. He only wanted to bring peace and Justice to a galaxy that badly needed it. He also shows Kylo some force tricks, like lifting rocks. Fetching beers from the fridge and throwing his voice into a plush Chewbacca teddy bear.

Solo and Leia see Ben becoming more and more obsessed with learning about his Grandfather and decide to send them to Luke. Before he leaves, Ben talks to Uncle Snoke who tells him not to be deceived by Lukes untruths.

So Ben goes to the academy and starts to study to b e a Jedi. But he's a bit of a jerk, going around bragging about Grandpa Vader, they call him Ben Stupidhead behind his back and use the force to give him atomic wedgies. The only one that befriends him is a small toddler named Rey who practically worships him and treats him with kindness. She's almost like a sister to him.

Meanwhile Unkie Snoke keeps in contact, and one day shows up and tells him its time to leave, that Snoke will teach him what his Grandpa knew that the galaxy needs a firm hand and a powerful force user, and he Snoke is his path to power.

Snoke gives him several bounty hunters and former Imperial guards to command, he dubs Ben as Kylo Ren and they call this collection of warriors the title of Knights of Ren.

Then Snoke drops the bombshell, in order to become a powerful Sith he must sacrifice the Jedi and wipe them out. The Jedi are the problem with the galaxy and Kylo is the solution.

Meanwhile Luke has left the new Jedi Temple on a quest to bring Ben back and save him. He contacts Leia and Han who tell him that they think that Snoke has seduced him or corrupted him.

While Luke is away, Ben now Kylo Ren arrives at the Temple with his knights and they slaughter everyone. One of the knights moves in on Rey who stands helplessly, and the last vestige of goodness in Kylo won't allow her to be slaughtered. He kills the knight to protect her. He decides that he can't tell Snoke that he saved the girl because it would be a sign of weakness (If Rey was a Skywalker, I'm convinced that btw he would have killed her like he killed his father). He takes her to a place that nobody goes to which is Jakku, and leaves her in the hands of the Scavenger and leaves to meet up with Snoke.

Meanwhile Luke finds Snoke and confronts him. Snoke gloats that the darkness is rising and Kylo Ren will eventually rule the Galaxy with him because of his untold potential. Luke basically goes apeshyte. It also turns out that Snoke while he has some aptitude for the Force is no match for Luke who basically crushes his head from across the room leaving him scarred. But Snoke laughs and asks him how things are at the Jedi Temple. Luke realizes what happens and returns. He sees the dead jedi and makes the assumption that Kylo took Rey and decides he can't save the galaxy and goes into exile. Before he goes though he leaves a part of the map to his hiding spot with Artoo in case a new hope against the Darkness rises. He hides the other part of the map which is eventually found.

Meanwhile Kylo returns to a badly wounded Snoke who informs him that Luke did this to him, and that Luke is so powerful that only together can they kill the last Skywalker and rule the galaxy together, and that Snoke will continue to train Ren once he proves he's worthy of Snoke's teachings. His first task is to find out where Skywalker is so they can dust him with the under construction Star Killer base.

Meanwhile Rey is abandoned on Jakku. she had received very little training with the Force, and because she was so young when she arrived there she eventually forgets about it and concentrates on surviving.

Han when he meets up with the girl makes the connection because maybe he saw her when they visited Ben at the Temple as his friend.

Same with Leia.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 07-21-2016 at 03:10 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #205
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No offense, but you've got a tonne of plot points form the prequels there.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #206
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

you do know that the prequels are still Canon right

And yeah, I took em, just like Force Awakens basically replicated a new hope.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #207
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 wrongs....etc
Old 07-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #208
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, but there's one thing that I think would be cool.

In the prequels Palpatine was probably one of the most powerful force users of his time, and an obvious path to power for Anakin. Especially using lies like I have the power to save the one you love.

In my case its the opposite. Snoke is a bit of a con man, he's not the most powerful force user out there. But he's more of a devil character then Palpatine because he knows he needs Kylo to rule the galaxy and he'll tell him anything to seduce him.

I think the utterly best thing would be at some point Kylo learns this and slaughters Snoke, and in a shocking twist, instead of being Redeemed it represents his final step to true darkness and power and he becomes the primary villain.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #209
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's an interesting twist, though instead of Kylo slaughtering him right away when he finds out, Snoke could continue his scheming and turn the First Order on him, driving Kylo to flee to hiding....not sure where to take it form there but could add some depth.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #210
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm going to make some plot assumptions

Leia dies as an indirect action due to Kylo going after Luke. Maybe she dies in a battle between the first order and the resistance, ordered by Snoke but led by Kylo. Kylo reacts with anger and hatred towards both Snoke and Luke and blames Luke for putting his mother in dangers way.

Luke is killed directly by Kylo in a straight up fight, at that point any regrets or doubts that Kylo had in terms of his path are eradicated for ever. He becomes what Vader could never be. A pure dark side user.

At this time, Kylo realizes that Snoke has lied to him all along. It was actually the path that Anakin was going down with Palpatine. At some point, he knew that Palpatine had deceived him and used him, and I'm convinced that once he had killed Kenobi and finished order 66 that Palpatine was next.

But in this case it works because Snoke is nothing in front of Kylo. Kylo finishes off Snoke and takes the mantle of Emperor.

So one of three things happens.

Rey in a fit of rage and sadness, goes after Ren out of revenge, Ren tries to bring her to his way of right thinking and tries to recruit her. But she strikes him down because she is some kind of Force pure person the chosen one so to speak. The trilogy ends with her taking his place as Empress of the galaxy. I call this the holy shyte really dark ending.

Or

Rey realizes how much of a threat Ren is to the galaxy, she goes after him with a sense of justice and for the preservation of the galaxy. She tries to redeem him, and in the end kills him and she leaves the galaxy finally balanced fully to the light side with her as the only force user for now.

Snoke outmaneuvers both of them, Kylo realizes how wrong he is and is redeemed, together they seek out Snoke and kill him. Kylo then goes into exile to atone for his darkness, and Rey is left to rebuild the Jedi order.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #211
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm going to make some plot assumptions

Leia dies as an indirect action due to Kylo going after Luke. Maybe she dies in a battle between the first order and the resistance, ordered by Snoke but led by Kylo. Kylo reacts with anger and hatred towards both Snoke and Luke and blames Luke for putting his mother in dangers way.

Luke is killed directly by Kylo in a straight up fight, at that point any regrets or doubts that Kylo had in terms of his path are eradicated for ever. He becomes what Vader could never be. A pure dark side user.

At this time, Kylo realizes that Snoke has lied to him all along. It was actually the path that Anakin was going down with Palpatine. At some point, he knew that Palpatine had deceived him and used him, and I'm convinced that once he had killed Kenobi and finished order 66 that Palpatine was next.

But in this case it works because Snoke is nothing in front of Kylo. Kylo finishes off Snoke and takes the mantle of Emperor.

So one of three things happens.

Rey in a fit of rage and sadness, goes after Ren out of revenge, Ren tries to bring her to his way of right thinking and tries to recruit her. But she strikes him down because she is some kind of Force pure person the chosen one so to speak. The trilogy ends with her taking his place as Empress of the galaxy. I call this the holy shyte really dark ending.

Or

Rey realizes how much of a threat Ren is to the galaxy, she goes after him with a sense of justice and for the preservation of the galaxy. She tries to redeem him, and in the end kills him and she leaves the galaxy finally balanced fully to the light side with her as the only force user for now.

Snoke outmaneuvers both of them, Kylo realizes how wrong he is and is redeemed, together they seek out Snoke and kill him. Kylo then goes into exile to atone for his darkness, and Rey is left to rebuild the Jedi order.

I'm actually surprised Leia hasn't died of a broken heart. So much tragedy in her life.

Elves in the LOTR universe can die in battle or from a broken heart.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #212
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The one thing that I wish had been covered, (It was done in Truce at Bakura (sp?) was Leia's actual reaction to the Vader is her father.

I doubt that she was deep down as forgiving or hoping for the redemption of the man who stood by and watched Alderaan get burned.

I'm pretty sure that if Anakin appeared to Leia she wouldn't have a "Its great that your a good guy ghost and all that" reaction.