Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #1241
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I despise the Esks and all things Edmonton, but talk bout melodramatic from butt hurt TSN.

Live mics in any pro sports (sports in general for thst matter) in this age of PC, hypersensitivity and social media, are a recipe for disaster for the player, coach, team and league.

I don't think the league would like having fans hear F bombs every second word, and that would be the very best case scenario. A whole lot of people will have a whole lot of questions about why player x swears or says some very colorful language, and be instantly offended or ask for apologies, and that's assuming they keep it moderety under control. No matter what, that's a distraction for the player and team both during and after the game. Sure it may be edited out but the tape would still exist and in someone's possession at TSN, who themselves could use that at some later date as some sort of storyline.
I like what Wally Buono had to say about it...

“This is not something we should be given a choice to do or not to do,” he said. “This is a league that has agreements with major sponsors and if your boss tells you, you need do something, than you need to do it. This is not community football. This is a league that has a mandate (and) that’s to grow our audience. If the league office wants everybody to wear mics and we’re protected by the (time) delay, then I don’t believe we should be having a choice.

“It’s not a democracy.”
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #1242
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lawless was saying Riders and Darian Durant are having some difficulty agreeing with Durant's demand of making $400,000 a season. Chris Jones is saying he is not prepared to allocate 10% of his team's salary on one player. If they can't agree on Durant's demand, I am thinking Jones might go after Eskimos' backup James Franklin who he's familiar with. Young and cheaper QB.
Other rumour is Matt Nicholls wants to cash in on his success this season. He is asking the Bombers to give him a raise and asking for $450,000 a season. Wow, that's crazy... talk about getting greedy there if that's true.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #1243
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think QB salary demands are directly proportional to the strength of the Canadian dollar.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:20 PM   #1244
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Lawless was saying Riders and Darian Durant are having some difficulty agreeing with Durant's demand of making $400,000 a season. Chris Jones is saying he is not prepared to allocate 10% of his team's salary on one player. If they can't agree on Durant's demand, I am thinking Jones might go after Eskimos' backup James Franklin who he's familiar with. Young and cheaper QB.
Other rumour is Matt Nicholls wants to cash in on his success this season. He is asking the Bombers to give him a raise and asking for $450,000 a season. Wow, that's crazy... talk about getting greedy there if that's true.
isnt the cap 5 million?
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #1245
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
isnt the cap 5 million?
Not sure. But if it is, Chris Jones don't know math which I am not surprised The only I agreed on is Durant been injured in the last few seasons so Durant's demand is kind of tough to swallow. The only thing Durant thinks Riders will go for his demand is because there's not a lot of available good QB unless Travis Lulay becomes available.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #1246
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

With Jones leaving Edmonton like he did, I can imagine if he asks for Franklin who's under contract for another year with the Esks that the price that Edmonton asks is going to be a franchise crippling cost.

The Riders have very weak Canadian depth and overall team depth so they can't afford to give up Canadians or their first round pick, but that's exactly what Edmonton would ask for.

I'd probably start with their first this year and probably St John and then add some pieces from there.

As far as DD goes, I don't think he's a Jones guy and the biggest way that an ego like Jones can put his stamp on this team is at QB.

Don't be suprised if DD leaves and Jones doesn't find a decent replacement because Edmonton tell him to pound sand. And the the Riders have a 3-15 season in their new diggs.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #1247
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joe McKnight killed in a shooting.Thoughts and condolences to his family. RIP Joe.

Quote:
A shooting in Terrytown Thursday afternoon (Dec. 1) left a man dead after an argument at an intersection, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

Family members at the scene identified the victim as Joe McKnight, former NFL player and local high school football standout. McKnight, who went to John Curtis Christian School in River Ridge, played for the New York Jets and the Kansas City Chiefs.

The shooting, reported about 3 p.m., occurred at the intersection of Berman Highway and Holmes Boulevard.

A witness, who declined to give her name, said she was leaving a store in the area when she saw a man at the intersection yelling at another man, who was trying to apologize. The man who was yelling shot the other man more than once, she said.

She said the shooter shot the man, stood over him and said "I told you don't you f--- with me." Then he fired again, she said.

The victim's body was on Behrman Highway, surrounded by a shield.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ncart_breaking

SpencerMoore80:
Quote:
Crazy thing is he was joking about wanting to stay up here in Regina/Canada because he enjoyed how chill and peaceful it was...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #1248
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn. I remember Joe McKnight from his days at USC; didn't realize he was up in the CFL this year.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #1249
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geez, just heard about that. These always make me sick, but this one really hit home for me. I remember it like it was just yesterday when he coming out of high school and committed to USC, everyone was trying to get him. He was being touted as the next Reggie Bush (back when Bush was still considered the next Gale Sayers). How is that same person deceased already, that seemed like just yesterday.

What is it about Louisiana and road rage turned shooting incidents involving pro football players?? This is what happens when you're allowed to carry a deadly weapon that's idiot proof to use, including in heat of the moment situations. Sickened by this story.

RIP Joe
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #1250
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would be more beneficial to add Anger Management to students curriculum at a younger age.

Managing ones anger can manage many problems we are seeing imo.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #1251
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So the killer shot Mcknight three times from inside of his car while McKnight stood outside.

And the killer was released with no charge.

And the Stand your ground defense is the reason why

http://montrealgazette.com/news/worl...-shooter-freed

McKnight wasn't armed and wasn't really a threat to a man in a running car.

This kind of garbage won't go away until there's a prohibition on owning firearms for defense.

this may not be a racial incident, I don't know, but its another incident of an idiot with a past history of road rage incidences being allowed to carry a device who's sole purpose is to kill things.

Its just so stupid and meaningless and wasteful.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #1252
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It is pretty disgusting that this guy is likely to get off.

50 year old white guy with history of road rage shoots an unarmed black man who witnesses say was apologizing. and the white sheriff is defending the incident.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #1253
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ronald Gasser has now been arrested and charged with manslaughter.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/339308...-case-at-10-am

Old 12-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #1254
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
It is pretty disgusting that this guy is likely to get off.

50 year old white guy with history of road rage shoots an unarmed black man who witnesses say was apologizing. and the white sheriff is defending the incident.
I think the morale of the story here is: stay in your car. You don't know what lunatics you'll encounter out there.

If this guy gets the right jury he will walk. He can make the case that Joe got out of his car to escalate the situation and he was standing his ground.

What a waste.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #1255
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anybody care that 9 Stamps were named to the CFL All-Star team? Yeah, I'm not yet over that Grey Cup loss either.

Here are the Stamps CFL all-stars:

QB Bo Levi Mitchell
RB Jerome Messam
OG Spencer Wilson
OT Derek Dennis
DE Charleston Hughes
DT Micah Johnson
DB Jamar Wall
CB Tommie Campbell
CB Ciante Evans

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/12/07...cfl-all-stars/
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #1256
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Does anybody care that 9 Stamps were named to the CFL All-Star team? Yeah, I'm not yet over that Grey Cup loss either.
Nope.. all of the individual awards and accolades mean #### all to me. They blew it and I am still so mad

But that is just me...
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nixon45 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2016, 04:44 PM   #1257
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
Nope.. all of the individual awards and accolades mean #### all to me. They blew it and I am still so mad

But that is just me...
Nope its definitely not just you.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #1258
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Nope, I'm totally sour still. Can file the '16 Stamps away with the 90s, late 00s, & '13 play-off choke jobs.

Like at least play for the record! The 16-2 Esks are immortalised and they were a one-and-done in the playoffs. Even at 16-1-1 and a Grey Cup choke job and the '16 Stamps would be remembered. But 15-2-1 and nothing to show for it? No-one outside of bitter Stamps fans will remember this team in 5 years, and that's a damn shame. Giving away the record and then choking in the GC, yeah I'm definitely still bitter..

Last edited by Sainters7; 12-07-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2016, 10:03 PM   #1259
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost half of the defence (5 out of 12 positions) are CFL all-stars, and Burris shredded them in the first half. That includes 3 out of 5 in the secondary. Unreal.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #1260
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a bizarre setup in Montreal. It might get worse (if that's possible) before it gets better.

And I personally think Thorpe is going to Edmonton. Huge loss for the gong show if/when it happens.