Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2016, 10:01 AM   #2001
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I honestly just hope the Mountain wipes out Kings Landing, that story line has been dragging so hard. I also hated the smug look on the Sparrows face last episode. Funny how they've taken me from absolutely despising Jamie and Cersei (for obvious reasons) to siding with them against these jerk faces.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:24 PM   #2002
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
The BWB could just be skipped now since they served their earlier purpose with Arya and The Hound.
Well, I'm thinking they play in a major part in Jon reclaiming the North.

They have already openly talked about needing more troops to take back Winterfell.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:26 PM   #2003
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I honestly just hope the Mountain wipes out Kings Landing, that story line has been dragging so hard. I also hated the smug look on the Sparrows face last episode. Funny how they've taken me from absolutely despising Jamie and Cersei (for obvious reasons) to siding with them against these jerk faces.
I think the flashbacks have shown that wildfire will play a huge part in wiping out Kings Landing.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:41 PM   #2004
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Tommen may also be killed by the Mountain if he should be seen to take sides against Cersei.
That brings up an interesting question: If Tommen dies, who would be in line to inherit the Iron Throne?

Tommen has not yet produced an heir (that we know of). Joffrey, Myrcella*, and Shireen* are all dead without producing any children. Stannis* and Renly are both dead (* - still alive in the books, AFAIK).

Until/unless Jon is recognized as Rhaegar's true heir, there is no immediately obvious heir through the Targaryen bloodline (Robert's claim to the throne was justified because his grandmother was the Mad King's aunt, and there were no other surviving descendants with a better claim -- except for Dany and Viserys in exile in Essos).

I don't believe there is any mention of any cousins Robert may have had, so any claim to the throne might have to go further up the line than Robert's grandmother. Who knows where you might find the next highest surviving descendant of a Targaryen king (especially since they intermarried so much)?
Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #2005
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Tommen getting killed would make things very complicated. He's not going to stay on the throne but I think it'll be next season at the earliest if it happens. They haven't made introduced (within the shows universe) who would be the next obvious inheritor. So I'd think he's safe for now. Or at least until one of the houses/players makes a move to take the throne. I do think Tommen becomes Margaery's and the Tyrells pawn for a while.

That said I'd love to see Jon suddenly get power hungry after conquering Winterfell and learning of his parentage and ties to the Targaryen line. Given how grey characters are, to see him gain a new sense of purpose even if a selfish one would be interesting. And to have Jon and Dany converge on the throne at the same time would be pretty awesome.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:39 PM   #2006
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

According to the following link Dany is next in line after Shireen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...ssion_for_the/

Another link I read literally just said free for all since it would be such a clusterfata.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:29 AM   #2007
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dany has a more legitimate claim to the throne than Robert or any of his "children" ever did. She's the only known living true-born Targaryen. There's just the whole problem of her being in exile.

If Tommen were to die, everyone who wants Dany dead would also be gone, so there might not be any opposition to her return. That would actually be pretty funny to have followed her all this time, gathering her forces for an invasion of Westeros, only to have her receive word that the people of Westeros all want her to come over and take the throne.

Then, even funnier would be if she shows up in Westeros just as word arrives from the North that there's evidence that Jon is the legitimate heir of Rhaegar, so he actually has a better claim to the throne than Dany.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #2008
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Dany has a more legitimate claim to the throne than Robert or any of his "children" ever did. She's the only known living true-born Targaryen. There's just the whole problem of her being in exile.

If Tommen were to die, everyone who wants Dany dead would also be gone, so there might not be any opposition to her return. That would actually be pretty funny to have followed her all this time, gathering her forces for an invasion of Westeros, only to have her receive word that the people of Westeros all want her to come over and take the throne.

Then, even funnier would be if she shows up in Westeros just as word arrives from the North that there's evidence that Jon is the legitimate heir of Rhaegar, so he actually has a better claim to the throne than Dany.

Well Targaryen's believe in marrying siblings so first cousins shouldn't be an issue to solve that issue.

Also Dragons can take out any Army Jon brings together.
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #2009
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
Well Targaryen's believe in marrying siblings so first cousins shouldn't be an issue to solve that issue.

Aunt and nephew.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #2010
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is anyone else as obssessed with the Crannogmen as I am?

The way I see it, these guys have to be huge players in the final chapters of the series. THEY ARE MAGIC and we know now that basically the entire world of GOT revolves around magic.

I think Howland Reed has a much larger role in the goings on at the Tower of Joy than we have been lead to believe.

Something is up with the Crannogmen and I wanna know what it is. I wonder if Danny is actually born of Rhaegar and Lyanna and THAT was the promise ned made, which is why he was so against killing/assassinating Danny. Maybe Danny and Jon are Twins.

Last edited by Flash Walken; 06-01-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:38 AM   #2011
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Something is up with the Crannogmen and I wanna know what it is. I wonder if Danny is actually born of Rhaegar and Lyanna and THAT was the promise ned made, which is why he was so against killing/assassinating Danny. Maybe Danny and Jon are Twins.
Daenerys stormborn was birthed by Queen Rhaella while being transported with Viserys during an extreme storm. There's enough information on her birth and early life that there would be no possible way for her to be Jon's twin.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #2012
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I just hope there is no LotR ending here with friendly dragons flying overhead and uplifting music. Would be sweet if the series ended with Dany assassinated by Arya, and Jon and Bran stuck battling the white walkers at the Wall forever in a hopeless effort, and King's Landing is razed at some point, destroying any "Seven Kingdoms" to rule at all.

Something bleak and dark. I want no happy ending, GRRM! Haha
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #2013
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I just hope there is no LotR ending here with friendly dragons flying overhead and uplifting music. Would be sweet if the series ended with Dany assassinated by Arya, and Jon and Bran stuck battling the white walkers at the Wall forever in a hopeless effort, and King's Landing is razed at some point, destroying any "Seven Kingdoms" to rule at all.

Something bleak and dark. I want no happy ending, GRRM! Haha
Is GRRM even capable of writing a happy ending?
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #2014
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by underGRADFlame View Post
Is GRRM even capable of writing an ending?
Fixed.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #2015
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I don't think I want a crappy depressing ending but I don't want everything wrapped up in a neat little bow.

I'd like to see some resolution, WhiteWalkers defeated and some semblance of power takeover by Jon/Dany/Bran but a lot of uncertainty in the realm and the future of Westeros hanging in the balance. Maybe even a new threat lingers like invasion from the East or something.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #2016
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Invasion from Cylons.

Battlestar Galactica cross-over.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #2017
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post

Sure, until Bran and some of the Wildlings warg into the Dragons and turn them against Dany...
I_H8_Crawford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #2018
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Invasion from Cylons.

Battlestar Galactica cross-over.
Just take all my money.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #2019
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

I don't think Dany would yield due to some notion that someone else has a better claim than her.

The thrown isn't passed by right, but by right of force.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #2020
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I don't think Dany would yield due to some notion that someone else has a better claim than her.

The thrown isn't passed by right, but by right of force.
She also believes that all of her family is dead. So it would be interesting to she what would happen if its revealed that they are aunt/nephew.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books , it is known , spoilers , winter is coming