Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2024, 08:30 PM   #13521
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
I agree with all that but someone literally said they feel no sympathy for the victims. That's sickening imo.

When have we become such a blood thristy world? All innocent lives lost are worth sympathym
Since the dawn of human time. We are a violent, warmongering species who will eat out own if it means getting one step ahead of your fellow human.

War is a fact of life among humanity. We do not operate as a singular sentient collective; we jockey for limited resources in a zero sum game. And we created a system of market economies that encourages last man standing.

If you think there was a time when that wasn't the case, I have a bridge to sell you.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:36 PM   #13522
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Since the dawn of human time. We are a violent, warmongering species who will eat out own if it means getting one step ahead of your fellow human.

War is a fact of life among humanity. We do not operate as a singular sentient collective; we jockey for limited resources in a zero sum game. And we created a system of market economies that encourages last man standing.

If you think there was a time when that wasn't the case, I have a bridge to sell you.

What Isis did in Russia was not war. It was a terrorist attack. Can't believe we are having this conversation.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:50 PM   #13523
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

#### Russia
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:06 PM   #13524
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
What Isis did in Russia was not war. It was a terrorist attack. Can't believe we are having this conversation.
Explain to me the difference between what Russia is doing in Ukraine and what ISIS did.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:13 PM   #13525
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Explain to me the difference between what Russia is doing in Ukraine and what ISIS did.
Do you not understand? There is no difference. Have I defended Russia at all? No.

All I'm saying is show a little humanity. 150 people and growing are dead and they were innocent. Just like Ukrainian casualties.

You don't have to pick a side. Innocent people on both sides are dying unnecessarily.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:14 PM   #13526
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
When one terrorist(isis) attacks another terrorist(russia ) I have no sympathy for either one.

When an innocent party(Ukraine) defends itself against a terrorist (Russia) I applaud their efforts.

We are having this conversation because you seem to have missed the nuance.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:17 PM   #13527
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do you not understand? There is no difference. Have I defended Russia at all? No.

All I'm saying is show a little humanity. 150 people and growing are dead and they were innocent. Just like Ukrainian casualties.

You don't have to pick a side. Innocent people on both sides are dying unnecessarily.
You sure did when you put out that bullkyit statement that Canada has killed more innocent people than Russia. garbage.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:19 PM   #13528
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:

I guess I just question the innocence maybe of Russian people, the more I think about it. It’s not like I’m celebrating their deaths, but, yeah, I dunno.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:23 PM   #13529
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The original death count was 60, now after all this time the number is up to 150, do you think Isis is still shooting? Who else would want to kill Russian dissidents?
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:30 PM   #13530
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
1 million dead in Iraq. 200,000 dead in Afghanistan. More than Russia has killed.
Great source!

A+

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2024, 09:37 PM   #13531
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Russians will cut the ear off a terrorist and parade it on camera, what are they doing to POWs, and people in the occupied territories?
burn_this_city is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:43 PM   #13532
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
When one terrorist(isis) attacks another terrorist(russia ) I have no sympathy for either one.

When an innocent party(Ukraine) defends itself against a terrorist (Russia) I applaud their efforts.

We are having this conversation because you seem to have missed the nuance.
There are 150 million people in Russia. Do you think they're all guilty by association?

You applaud and have no sympathy for ISIS killing innocent people at a concert. Say it like that and you sound evil. Don't care what any country does, their civilians don't deserve to be killed.

Do you support Hamas against a terrorist country like Israel? That's also a terrorist on terrorist crime. You were happy to see the Israelis slaughtered at that concert? I wonder if your standard will stay the same.

Last edited by Zary's-Mustache; 03-23-2024 at 09:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2024, 09:44 PM   #13533
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
The original death count was 60, now after all this time the number is up to 150, do you think Isis is still shooting? Who else would want to kill Russian dissidents?
Yeah people who are shot sometimes don't die right away...also they lit the place on fire and the roof collapsed on the people. That's going to slowly bring up the death count as they find more people under the rubble.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:04 PM   #13534
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think they would be able to keep that out of the news, even in Russia. I think it's just a case of people passing away from their injuries and finding people who were originally "missing".

I have a lot of sympathy for the victims. I don't assume they are all Z-Nazis who support killing Ukrainians. Sadly though, a very large segment of the Russian public does support it. From a macro perspective, seeing Russia get just a small taste of what they have been handing out to Ukraine seems fitting. At the street level though, this whole thing is tragic and sad, and I hope ISIS pays for it.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 03-23-2024 at 10:10 PM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:34 PM   #13535
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

What a very weird post.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2024, 02:22 AM   #13536
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Your friendly neighbourhood Russian on the terror attack.

I have enjoy his more serious videos since the Ukraine war started, but man do I miss the days when he was doing more light stuff and was just making fun of absurd things in Russia.
Old 03-24-2024, 02:30 AM   #13537
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would never defend ISIS but what Russia did in Syria was terrorism, what happened in Moscow was a fraction of what Russia has done to Syria
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2024, 05:44 AM   #13538
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would put it this way:

Whatever label you put on what Russia did in Syria, it's the kind of unforgivable cruelty that starts/feeds cycles of revenge and bloodshed.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2024, 09:37 AM   #13539
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I do have empathy for innocent people. But the people of Russia are dangerously close to being 110% complicit with the state’s terrorism in Europe- if not already crossed into that realm altogether. So I gotta say while I do feel empathy for innocent people in a theatre or mall, but at the same time, Russians should be full scale all out revolting and overthrowing Putin.
This is the similar gross argument used to justify Israel’s killing of civilians. You don’t get to blame civilians for not doing something.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2024, 02:57 PM   #13540
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
This is the similar gross argument used to justify Israel’s killing of civilians. You don’t get to blame civilians for not doing something.
Ya I just fundamentally disagree. Society deserves its share of blame for the government it puts in place. I’m not saying they deserve to die, but it is incumbent on them to fix it.

Let’s see your view on this topic if this unfolds into nuclear war. The old hands up “whelp! We just couldn’t do anything!” Isn’t good enough for me. Maybe WW2 could have been avoided had the normal folks stepped in and stopped the extremism, but then again, maybe there just wasn’t enough normal folks around? And that’s the point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:

Tags
atrocity , badass zelensky , lying russians , mad man , sneaky fn russian , war sucks